Not so happy birthday

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

After that day at the hospital, I spent all my time after school with papa. I go to the book shop after school for work and wait for papa to come and fetch me. We go shopping, cook, and eat dinner together. I just love spending time with papa. I wouldn't want it to stop.

However because of that, I have been spending less time with Kai and our late night phone call has been cut down to only half an hour a day. I know that it isn't a good thing but all that matters is papa. I thought that Kai would be upset or even angry with me but to my surprise, he is really supportive when I told him I wanna spend more time with papa. And of course, I didn't tell him or anyone about my condition.

Everything was going just fine until today. After school, I rushed home to make dinner as today was papa's birthday. And I wanna make it a perfect night for him. But just as I ran through the gate, Kai grabbed my arm and asked me to go out with him. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna go out with him too but it's my papa's birthday so of course I chose to go home.

I went to the nearest market and bought lots and lots of food for our little steamboat dinner with a chocolate cake. I went home, changed to home clothes and started cooking till 6pm. After the sound of the keys, papa popped in with a bottle of ice lemon tea in his hand. Not only that, there was someone followed him in. It was Xander!!!

So while papa was buying the drink at the store down the street, he saw Xander and asked him to join us for dinner. Such a fate! "Wow, this is the best steamboat I ever tasted!" Xander exclaimed as he put down his third or fourth bowl of rice. To be honest, I never see anyone who is able to eat that much.

After we finished dinner, Xander helped me with the dishes. As Xander was putting on his shoes,  papa called, "Why don't you see him to the gate?" I was stunned by his request. He never let be alone with any guy before. And even when I went to church for the fun fair with Kai, he was watching us from behind until he was unable to see us. Why is he asking me to see Xander out now?

Anyway, I did. I waited till he turned at the corner before headed back to the house. Before I could write this entry, Mikki called and told me that Kai was really upset. He had a really bad day today and wanted to hang out with me but I just simply turned him down. I told her what happened today and called Kai immediately after I hung up the phone. I called times after times but there was no answer.

Just before I was about to call for the endless time, I got a message from Kai, "Stop calling. I'm sleeping." So I stopped, just as told. I was really upset as for these few days, I wasn't paying attention to Kai. What am I going to do? He's probably going to angry at me for a very long time…

Love,

Akira.