Back to December

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

Today was probably the best day so far of my life!!! But first, let me tell you what happened last night when Mikki called me.

"Hey, what's up? Why are you calling me at this time?" I asked confusingly as I knew that it had already passed her bedtime. "Nothing. I just call to tell you something really really REALLY important!!!" she blasted her voice into the speaker then suddenly changed her tone, "but I think you wanna go to bed now, so never mind then…" Out of curiosity, I begged her to let the cat out of the bag. So she told me, " TOMORROW IS KAI'S BIRTHDAY!!!"

After I hung up the phone with Mikki, I couldn't sleep at all!!! How did I not know my own boyfriend's birthday and need my best friend telling me that?!? I lay in bed trying my best to calm myself down. I told myself that it was cause Kai never told me his birthday before and Mikki's brother is in the same class as Kai so that's why she would know that. I stared at the ceiling till my alarm clock rang. I changed, packed my bag and headed out of the house.

I tried to avoid everyone who knows about my relationship with Kai, as I know they will ask what present I bought for him and obviously, nothing. But all my hardship was broken by the appearance of Kai standing in front of my classroom waiting for me.

"Hey, morning sunshine!" Kai greeted me with a smile widely spread on his lips. I forced a smile and greeted him in return. Fear. Fear was all that I was feeling. I feared that he would be disappointed  that his girlfriend don't even have a birthday card for him while everyone else does. I wanted to wish him happy birthday so bad but I fear that it would seem stupid without a present to pair. All the mixed feelings was creeping in me like a monster.

I told him that class was going to start soon and I would meet him during recess. I threw myself on the chair and put my face down on the table with depression. "Hey, are you ok? You look really pale!" Mikki asked as she placed herself next to me. I told her I was ok.

Class went on as usual. My mind was blank and nothing could enter my brain. "Akira… AKIRA!" the math teacher screamed my name. Standing up, staring blankly at the teacher, all that was in my mind was Kai then every just out.

When I came around, I was in bed in the sickbay with a warm hand holding mine. I turned my head and saw Kai was sitting on the chair next to the bed, sleeping with his head on the bed and hand holding on to mine. I pressed his hand and woke him up.

"Hey, babe, you're feeling better now?" he asked. "Yeah, thanks." I replied while trying to sit up. He moved from the chair to sitting on the bed. I didn't dare to look at him in the eyes thinking that I have nothing for his birthday. "What's wrong? You have been acting so weird since morning… " Kai asked and waited for me to finish his sentence. "I…" for the first time, I stuttered, "Ok Kai, I'm gonna be frank with you." I took a deep breath and told him everything.

Kai laughed so contentedly, it was the very first time that I actually saw him laughed. He messed my hair, "It's ok, babe. You don't need to stress out about it that much that you fainted you know." He paused then leaned in and gave me a kiss on my lips. That was our very first kiss. Actually, it is my FIRST kiss!!! If papa found out about this, he is so going to kill Kai. Anyway, as he pulled away, he whispered into my ears and dashed out of the sickbay in lightning speed as we both heard someone was opening the other door of the sickbay.

As the school nurse check on me, all that I could think about were Kai's last few words, they were just simply three words, "I love you."

Love ya!

Akira.