Daughter to father

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

After such a long time, I fainted again today.

I was getting ready for school when a sudden piercing pain shot my head. I closed my eyes while trying to shoo the pain away. I didn't know how long I stood in front of the door but when I opened my eyes, I was already lying in the hospital bed.

The first thought that I had was neither about school nor friends nor Kai. It was all about papa. And for the first time, I was scared. I scared that I might be the one who would meet mama first. I scared that papa would have to prepare my funeral. I scared that for the remaining years of his life, he would have to live all by himself.

All those thoughts brought tears to my eyes. I was shivering, broke out in cold sweat and I couldn't stop crying. I was lost in somewhere far away. I didn't know where but I was sure I was alone. Cold and alone until a warm and familiar arm wrapped around my shoulders.

It was papa. I turned to him and gave him a big tight hug. I just wanted that time to stop and I could be with papa forever and ever. "Are you ok, baby?" he asked me tenderly while tugging at my hair. I told him that I was fine and kept on hugging him until the doctor came in for my check up. "Mr. Kasumi, I hate to say this but somehow Akira's condition is worsened," the doctor's words were knives flying to papa's heart. I'm no superhero but I could see papa was breaking down.

After what happened, I decided that nothing else is as important as papa. I spent the whole day at home with him, cooking, cleaning up the house, shopping and went for a father-daughter karaoke session. It was so fun spending time with him. How I wish we could do that every day.

Kai called me an hour ago to asked why I didn't come to school today. I told him that I was sick and said that I couldn't go on dates with him as often as I wanna spend my time with papa. He said it was perfectly fine and now I have to go to bed for another school day tomorrow. Night!

Love,

Akira.