First holiday

Ready... Set... Love!

Dear diary,

It has been a 2 days since our break up. I still couldn't eat or sleep. I know that papa is really worried about me but I just can't seem to do anything. The pain of letting Kai down, the pain of making him feel uncomfortable and to top it off, the pain of letting him go without saying a word. All these pain keep on coming and shoot my heart with tons of bullets. I could actually felt my heart breaking and shattered into pieces.

Just after breakfast today, Xander appeared outside my house with his motorbike and readied to pick me up. Afterwards I found out that it was papa's idea. Of course, he didn't want me to lock myself in on such a beautiful Saturday like today.

I didn't know where Xander was taking me to but certainly some place fun like bar or club. What is better to cheer up a broken-hearted than alcohol. However, when we reached our destination, it was a peaceful beach with lots of seashells which sparkled in the sunlight. "You're not going to walk down the beach with those sneakers on, are you?" Xander asked while taking off his shoes and tossed them into the trunk of his motorbike. I took mine off and placed them on top of his before running down the sandy hill into the water.

The sand was so fine and smooth which was on fire under the hot sun. I didn't know how was it possible but I was smiling. I meant laughing the moment my feet touched the cool seawater and smelled that salty scent in the air. Just like the place where I grew up. So peaceful.

I stood there, spread my arms out and inhaled the fresh air which was calming and healing me. "Akira!" I turned around just to receive a big splash into my face. I wiped my face and started chasing after Xander. "Stop right there!" I shouted at him. We ran in the water then to the hot sand and in the water again. Just when I was about to grab his shirt, he fell into the water making a big splash. I know this is mean but I just couldn't help but laugh at him. I guess it was karma because he pulled me down too. The two of us was covered with seawater.

We stayed there from late morning until noon. "Hey, I'm hungry," I said as I laid down on the plastic sheet which Xander brought along. "Yeah, me too. Wanna buy something to eat?" he suggested while looking at the direction of a small restaurant nearby. We raced there as fast as we could. I didn’t want to continue to upset my stomach.

"Hi, anybody…" the view in front of me stopped me from finishing the sentence. "What's wrong?" Xander asked, then followed my eyes to see Kai and Mikki were kissing at the far corner of the restaurant. How could they do this to me?!? Wasn't I suppose to be her best friend? How could she?!?

Tears started to roll down the side of my face. I stood there like a fool, looking at my ex-boyfriend and my best friend kissing each other. I was blanked out within moment. I just woke up and found myself in the hospital. I wondered what had happened?

Love,

Akira.