Airplane

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing special to report about the second Tokyo concert aside from the fact that it was raining terribly throughout the entire event. The worst part of the rain was rolling around on the wet stage to do their Rum Pum Pum Pum choreography. But aside from that, performing in the rain was actually fun as it reminded Krystal of one of their early La Cha Ta performances as rookies. Even though the rain was cold and they were in danger of slipping with every step, she smiled as she performed with her members.

By the time the SMTown artists were preparing for the "Hope" performance at the end of the concert, Krystal had already settled her feelings about being forced to sit out once again. Since it was no longer a surprise,  Krystal found it easier to put on a brave face and wish her members luck for the performance. 

"Remember," Krystal reminded her unnies. "Smile, have fun, and be yourselves around Girls' Generation. You don't need to change your behavior because of me."

Victoria, Luna, and Amber looked at her uneasily, but they nodded in agreement.

"Hey," Krystal clapped loudly, startling her members. "I said smile. Smile!"

Comically, each member plastered huge, exaggerated smiles on their faces at Krystal's command. They looked at each other and started laughing.

"That's better," Krystal nodded, looking quite satisfied. Unlike yesterday, her strength was overflowing today.

"Unnie," Amber whispered to Victoria in a very audible whisper, "I think Soojungie is trying to take over your leadership."

Victoria kept a straight face and started to whisper back, "I think so, too. But I'm gonna let her so that she can take over paying for all the group snacks."

"Heyyyy," Krystal whined. "I don't wanna do that."

"Do you want leadership?" Victoria asked her with a wink. "Because leadership doesn't come for free. Nothing in life is free."

"My love for you is free," Krystal argued in her cutest voice, giving her leader unnie an innocent smile.

"No it's not," Luna said with a laugh. "We bought your love with snacks and kimbap!"

The unnies laughed at her and Krystal pouted, but she couldn't argue back. "Fine, but at least my love is affordable."

"True," Victoria agreed. "If your love had cost Wagyu beef and caviar, we wouldn't be friends right now." The older members laughed at Krystal again, but the younger member just smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Hurry up and go," Krystal urged her unnies. "The performance is starting soon!" The four of them shared a group hug and then then put their fingers together for their war cry. "f(x)!"

Now that the Tokyo concerts were over, it would be about 2 weeks before f(x) met again for the SMTown concert in Shanghai on October 18th. They said their goodbyes the morning after the second concert and parted ways at the airport. Victoria, who was headed to Busan, was on a different flight than the others headed back to Seoul. On Krystal's flight, Amber had taken the window seat while Krystal took the aisle seat next to her. Luna was sitting elsewhere with the staff members.

Amber was staring out the window, quietly watching the clouds go by on the short flight from Japan to Korea. Krystal had started by looking out the window as well, but her gaze shifted over to Amber and she thought back to the idea that Amber might be in love with her.

After nearly 7 years of a close friendship that had carried them through the highs and lows of trainee life and idol life, Krystal found it difficult to redefine their relationship as anything but friendship. It was weird to think that Amber could feeling differently about their relationship.

Krystal thought about her attributes and what could possibly cause Amber to be attracted to her. When it came to natural beauty, it was Sulli who was the center of their group. As for dancing ability, their Victoria-unnie edged out all the other members. And in singing, no one could compete with Luna's skill. So that left Krystal with, what? Good fashion sense? A spoiled attitude? Above average math skills?

"Amber must really be a fool in love if she's in love with me," Krystal thought to herself after examining her lack of good qualities. By her calculations, she shouldn't even have any fans at all.

"Spacing out again?" Amber asked her suddenly, snapping her out of her thoughts. Krystal had been so lost in thought that she hadn't noticed that Amber had turned around and brought her face within inches of Krystal's as a joke. She was startled to find Amber so close to her that she squealed in surprise and jumped backwards, hitting the seat hard with her shoulder.

"Owwww!" she cried, rubbing her injury.

"Sorry, I didn't think I'd scare you," Amber apologized, looking contrite. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I was just a little surprised. No big deal," Krystal winced.

Amber sympathetic began to run Krystal's shoulder herself. "Well you looked like you were thinking pretty hard. What were you thinking about?"

"Us," Krystal thought, but she stopped her brain for saying something so bluntly again. "Just... stuff..." Krystal replied.

"Stuff, huh? Sounds pretty deep," Amber joked in response to Krystal's vauge answer. "You wanna talk about it?"

"Uh... nah..." Krystal slowly decided. It was too awkward a subject to dive into with Amber while sitting on a crowded airplane. Even if she were able to confirm Amber's love for her now, the conversation wouldn't have simply ended there. "I don't really feel like talking about it."

"Must be something important?" Amber wondered, trying to examine Krystal's expression. She finished rubbing Krystal's shoulder and tapped the younger girl on the head affectionately. "Well whatever it is, don't over think it too much. If you're confused about something, talk to me and I'll help you figure out how yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter