Electric Shock

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal woke up in her bedroom on a Friday in late November to find what seemed to be a sock on her face. She picked up the soft object and realized that it was actually a hand puppet, specifically the Winnie the Pooh puppet that Amber had obtained from the end of the Best of Best concert in Guangzhou a few weeks ago. The puppet had spent the last few weeks sitting on a shelf over Krystal's bed, but it must have fallen during the night. In her sleepy state, Krystal hugged the puppet tightly, remembering how cute Amber had been when she presented it to Krystal as a gift.

"This is for you," Amber had said during the Best of Best ending on stage. She wore the puppet over her hand and held it up to Krystal. "To remind you that I'm always thinking about you whether I'm there or not, whether I'm allowed to show my love for you or not." Amber smiled mischieviously at Krystal, the latter part of her comment referring to how Krystal had asked her before the concert to tone down their playful behavior in public.

Krystal felt stupid now for making such a request since Krystal had not been able to uphold her end of it anyway. During their free talk during Best of Best, Krystal had tried to tone down her contact with Amber and ended up ignoring Amber for nearly all of the free talk. But as Amber had predicted, it was unnatural ignore Amber and it left Krystal feeling extremely awkward on stage. Much to Amber's delight (and to the audience's delight), Krystal gave up and put her arm around Amber near the end of their free talk. It felt so much more natural to be playful when she was around Amber.

A shy smile crept across Krystal lips and she buried her face into her pillow as she thought of that moment on stage. There was a loud roar of approval from the crowd the instant that Krystal placed her arm around Amber. Krystal was grateful for that reaction from the crowd. She had always found the cheering during Kryber interactions amusing in the past, but at the concert it was almost like the fans were supporting their relationship now. Krystal's chest swelled with gratitude for their supportive fans. 

Her heart was longing to see Amber this morning.

There was a sudden knock on Krystal's bedroom door. She lifted her head slowly and glanced at the clock. It was past 10 am, usually about the time her mom woke her on days where she didn't have a schedule, like today.

"I'm up!" she lied, flopping back on the pillow, hoping her mom would fall for her trick and she could sleep a little longer. But as expected, the door opened. Krystal covered herself with her blanket, refusing to get up.

"No, go away," she whined as the blanket was pulled off her face. She screwed her eyes shut. "It's my day off, let me sleep a little longer!"

There was an unexpected brush of softness against Krystal's lips. She immediately jumped in surprise, opening her eyes as she crashed her head into something hard. A roar of anguish that Krystal recognized as Amber's filled the room. Amber grabbed her chin and buried her face into Krystal's bed in pain. Krystal clutched her own throbbing forehead and smacked the blonde head of hair angrily.

"What the hell, Amber? How'd you even get in here?"

Amber lifted her head and glared up at Krystal. Her eyes were watering in pain, but the pout that played on Amber's lips was enough to melt away Krystal's annoyance. "I was trying to surprise you, stupid!" Amber cried, sticking out her lower lip as far as it could go. "Way to ruin a good moment!"

Krystal bit her lip, fighting back a smile. "Wow, I can't believe you just called me 'stupid'. I call you 'stupid', stupid." She crawled across her bedcovers and leaned down to place a kiss on Amber's injured chin. "I'm sorry I ruined your extremely terrifying surprise."

The older girl's expression brightened instantly. Amber slowly reached up and carressed Krystal's cheek. "You're so beautiful," Amber murmured, making Krystal turn away in embarrassment. She loved it when Amber complimented her, but at the same time she didn't know how to accept the kind words.

"Anyway, it wasn't meant to be scary surprise if you had just reacted properly to it," Amber said, straightening up. She put down the tray of two coffee cups that Krystal had not noticed earlier, and then proceeded to order Krystal back into bed. "Let's do a second take on this scene."

Krystal laughed. "Really? A do-over?"

"From the top!" Amber announced, pulling the covers over the younger girl. "We'll pick up from your whining about not wanting to get up."

Krystal giggled but obediently waited for her cue beneath the covers.

"Aaaand ACTION!" Amber called.

Switching into serious actress mode, Krystal tried to repeat her lines from before. "Go away, it's my day off! Let me sleep more!"

The blanket was pulled off again. Krystal shut her eyes and tried to lay still, waiting for Amber to make her move. Slowly, Krystal felt Amber place her hand on the bed, right next to her head. With her eyes still closed, Krystal instictively moved toward Amber's warmth and carssed her cheek against Amber's arm. She felt Amber lean over her and place her other arm against Krystal's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter