Love

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fact: Krystal Jung was enjoying her vacation. Fact: Krystal Jung was having a lot of fun in Europe. Fact: Krystal Jung was missing Amber Liu more than she could bear.

Over a week had passed in Krystal's vacation and her days were filled with shopping, exploring, and admiring the art and architecture of European cities. Art and architecture had always been one of her biggest interests. If Krystal hadn't become an idol, she was certain that she would have studied art in college

But as much as Krystal enjoyed the new experiences that this vacation offered, Amber was always in the back of her mind. Throughout the trip, there was always a sense of "Amber would have liked to see this", or "Amber would have liked to eat that." It was just like Amber had described of her own break from Krystal during the Nu ABO era; as the days went by, Krystal missed Amber more and more.

It was interesting when Krystal analyzed her past feelings for Amber. Before they had started dating, she didn't seem to miss Amber any more than she missed her other friends during vacation. But after one week post breakup, the loneliness was palpable. 

The longing in Krystal's heart could not be satisfied by Amber's frequent texts and phone calls. If anything, the long-distance contact only exacerbated the loneliness. Krystal wanted to be in the same room with Amber again, to feel Amber's touch on her skin, Amber's warmth beneath her fingers, and Amber's taste in . Krystal wanted to experience Amber's affections in person.

Christmas came and went while Krystal was overseas. Jessica joined her and their parents in France and they stayed together through New Years. Her older sister's presence helped to keep Krystal's loneliness at bay at first. The familial atmosphere had been lacking as of late since Jessica was traveling to every corner of the world trying to ensure the success of her business. It was fun catching up and hanging out with her sister. But after a few days of playing together, the now familiar longing for Amber returned with a passion.

It didn't help that Amber seemed to be doing just fine without Krystal by her side. Judging by the abundance of updates on Amber's social media, Krystal had been replaced by a slew of friends, male and female, idol and non-idol alike. Krystal had never liked it in the past when Amber hung out with friends outside of their f(x) family, but there wasn't much that Krystal could have done to change Amber's behavior. And since Krystal wanted to keep tabs on Amber now, she had no choice but to put up with it. She watched Amber and Ailee's "One Fine Day" with gritted teeth, enjoying Amber's parts while suppressing a mild rage at Ailee. She checked Amber's Instagram only to catch herself glaring at the smiling faces standing next to her ex-girlfriend. 

Jealousy and loneliness were Krystal's new best friends lately.

"Do I even want to be with Amber in the future?" Krystal asked herself on New Year's Eve. It was become harder and harder to enjoy herself when she was constantly thinking about Amber and becoming jealous over Amber's friends, and at last Krystal had to ask herself if Amber was worth the trouble.

She was at a private party at their hotel with family and friends, and the slightly tipsy Krystal eyed the happy couples with a sigh. There was a noticeable gap beside her where Amber could have stood. "Does it have to be Amber?" she wondered, "or do I just not want to be alone?"

It was a difficult question for Krystal to answer in her lonely and intoxicated state. She downed the rest of her wine and started on her fourth glass before Jessica intervened with sisterly concern.

"Whoa there, Jung Soojung," Jessica said, removing the glass from Krystal's hand before the younger girl could finish it. "Your current cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter