Vacance

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 3, 2014

The remainder of the week leading up to the SMTown concerts in Tokyo were brutal for Krystal Jung. Although she enjoyed filming "My Lovely Girl" and working with the cast and crew, her filming schedule was accelerated for the week since she would lose time in order to fly to Tokyo and perform during the two day concert. The seemingly endless hours were taking their toll on her body and she felt fatigued throughout the day.

The biggest news of the week following her sister's removal from Girls' Generation was that the company had cancelled the debut of the Jungsis unit featuring Jessica and Krystal. Although no formal announcement had been made about Jungsis to begin with and therefore no formal cancellation announcement was needed, the internal news was just another blow to an already beaten-down Jessica and Krystal. The months that they had already spent recording their debut album were now wasted. Their hope for a season 2 of "Jessica & Krystal" was destroyed as well.

"I'm always on unnie's side. Let's stop crying!" Those were the words Krystal had written to her sister months ago for their last episode of "Jessica & Krystal", knowing that tough times would were in store for them. Those tough times were now upon them, and Krystal found it hard not to cry lately. Still, she couldn't give up yet. The company had taken the Jungsis debut away from her, but they hadn't taken f(x) away. Jessica had already encouraged Krystal to smile and to do her best at this weekend's concerts in her place, and Krystal didn't want to let her sister down. For both Jessica and for f(x), Krystal would work hard today.

Because of her filming schedule, Krystal was the last to arrive at f(x)'s hotel rooms in Tokyo on the day of the concert. As she entered her room, she was immediately bombarded by a tangle of arms and bodies all trying to hug her at once. There were too many voices talking too loudly on top of each other, but the message was clear: her unnies had missed her and they were here to support her. Smiling more genuinely that she had smiled all week, Krystal hugged the three-headed mass before her and joined into the jumbled mess of voices. "I missed you guys, too!"

The group separated and Krystal gave each unnie an individual hug. First was Victoria, who she hadn't seen in the longest time out of the group. Her Vic-omma had been texting and sending words of encouragement all week. She hugged her leader unnie tightly and greeted her warmly.

Next was her Luna-unnie, who had called her and video-chatted with her during the week. "Thanks for last night," she whispered into Luna's ear, referring to the video chat they had very late last night before Luna went to bed. The chat kept Krystal motivated for filming her final drama scene of the evening, and she was grateful for Luna's support. Luna winked and patted her on the cheek with a smile.

And finally, Amber. After the pizza date on Monday, there had been no opportunities for an in-person encounter until now. She opened her arms to Amber for a hug and Amber did not disappoint. Krystal was lifted off the ground and spun in circles much to her delight. Her giggly landing was met by feigned opposition by Luna.

"How come I didn't get a greeting like that? Am I not as cute as Soojungie? Aren't I worth spinning around, too?"

The four of them laughed at Luna's joke,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter