Calling Out

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days of January passed quickly as f(x)'s first solo concert, Dimension 4: Docking Station, drew near. Amber, Luna, and Krystal met on a daily basis with their coordinators to plan and practice for the big event that would occur at the end of the month. Only two days had originally been announced for the concert, but a third day was soon added to meet the demands of their eager fans. No one, however, was more eager for the concert than the f(x) members.

After debuting over six years ago, it was a dream come true for f(x) to see themselves starring in their own solo concert. The preparations were more intense than Krystal had imagined, but she was grateful for the opportunity and she was sincerely enjoying every step of the process. The members began and ended each day with the brightest of smiles regardless of how tired they were. They practiced around the clock without any real days of rest, but this was the result of waiting until the last minute to prepare for the concert since f(x)'s individual activities had kept them from working on the concert any earlier.

Even now their team was still incomplete. Victoria was locked in a filming schedule for her drama in China and wasn't planning to return to Korea until just days before the concert. Many of the staff members were worried if the f(x) leader could prepare for the concert in the small amount of time she would be given, but the staff didn't know Victoria like the members did. They had faith that whatever choreography they learned in this month, their skilled Vic-omma would be able to learn it in under a week. 

With sweat constantly streaming down her fatigued muscles, Krystal was reminded of her trainee days and the amount of work that she and her members had put forth in order to debut as idols. The effort that they exerted now seemed to trump the efforts of their past, and Krystal found herself wondering if she had the stamina to survive a two and a half hour concert.

"I think I've gotten old. I don't have the energy for this anymore," Krystal complained after collapsing on the practice room floor for a break. She looked up wearily at Luna and Amber for their consensus, but was met by their disapproving glares instead. "W-what?"

"Soojung-ah, if you're old then we're ancient," Luna retorted as she glared at the younger girl. She stood over the maknae with her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. The pose was supposed to be menacing, but Krystal couldn't help but smile at her Luna-unnie with affection.

Krystal reached a hand toward Luna and motioned for her to lie down. "Sorry, ahjumma. Come and rest with me for a bit."

Luna's frown quickly melted into a smile and she gently collapsed to the floor and stretched out her body comfortably next to Krystal. It was then Amber's turn to frown at the younger members.

"Guys, you don't know what old is until you get to be my age. My joints have been aching since 'Red Light'," Amber complained. Luna ignored the older girl's whining and tugged on Amber's ankle to indicate that she too should lie down. "You know how we always say that we should stay together and keep performing until we're grandmas? Well I might not even make it to Dimension 4," the rapper joked as she filled the open floor space next to Luna.

"Are you really that sore?" Krystal wondered, turning herself toward Amber. She attempted to lift her head to look past Luna, who was lying between them, but found that she lacked the energy to do so. "Do you want me to give you a massage?"

Amber shook her head. "Nah, I'm OK. Besides..." Amber lifted herself onto her elbows so that she could see Krystal more clearly over Luna and gave Krystal a suggestive smile. "Isn't it my turn to massage you?"

Krystal smirked and bit her lower lip gently out of embarrassment, catching Amber's meaning instantly. Amber narrowed her eyes coyly and Krystal did the same, the silent flirtation flying back and forth between them.

Luna took one look at Amber, then at Krystal, and then widened her eyes in alarm. She quickly scooted out of the line of fire and skirted to Krystal's other side while drawing looks of confusion from her members.

"As much as I love you two and the relationship that you have, I don't actually want to be IN your relationship," Luna joked, referring to her awkward positioning just now as Krystal and Amber flirted. "But now that I'm a safe distance away, please resume your flirting. You know how much Lulu loves to watch."

Two fresh towels immediately caught Luna in the face, signaling the end of their break.

Life with f(x) seemed to be hitting a golden era lately. They had just come off of a successful round of comeback promotions, they were being presented with an award at The Golden Disk Awards, they were finally giving their fandom a name, and they would soon present their first solo concert to the world. Even though their leader was a bit displaced at the moment, they would be reunited in a few days to enjoy the results of their years of hard work. Krystal's heart was full of joy and pride whenever she thought of f(x) lately. She only wished that her heart felt the same when she thought of her family.

Things between Krystal and her mother were at an impasse even though 2 weeks had passed since the night that Amber took her away from home. Krystal had tried repeatedly to reach out to her mother with calls and texts, but all of her efforts were ignored. She returned home on two different occasions, but her mother had locked herself in her bedroom both times, resolutely ignoring the youngest Jung daughter.

The only progress that had been made was that Krystal was able to meet with her father and receive his blessings in person. With the Jung household caught up in tension lately, Jessica had invited Papa Jung over to her apartment for a home cooked dinner. Mama Jung had been invited too of course, but she refused the invitation after hearing that Amber was invited to the dinner as well.

"You know your mother, she's always been stubborn," Papa Jung said, enjoying the dinner that Jessica, Krystal, and Amber had prepared. "Once she gets her mind set on something, her pride won't let her change her mind, even if she realizes that she's wrong."

"Unnie must take after mom's personality then," Krystal joked. Jessica shot her a glare, but it was overlooked due to the proud smiles that Krystal shared with her father, grateful that her personality more closely resembled his than her mother's.

"I've been trying to coax your mom into changing her mind, but it's been a difficult fight these last few days," he continued. "I don't know how long it'll take, but she'll come around. She loves you too much to cut y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter