Sweet Witches

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal stood at the table of Victoria's kitchen and carefully poured brownie batter as Victoria prepared their dinner at the nearby counter. It was late January, exactly 48 hours before the first "Dimension 4" performance. Victoria returned to Korea a mere four days ago, but the older girl had managed to make up a month's worth of choreography practice in that short amount of time.

Having their leader back was a big boost to f(x)'s morale. Victoria had always set the tone for the younger members, leading them well both on and off stage. She became busier than ever in China this past year and the members had felt her absence, so they were all extremely happy to have Victoria back. However, no one was happier to have Victoria back than Krystal.

To Krystal, Victoria was a special existence. Whereas Luna was like a sister and Amber was now her lover, Victoria had always been like a mother to the youngest f(x) member. There was a 7 year between leader and maknae, but the did nothing to hinder their relationship. The two girls were closer than friends, closer than family. Besides Krystal's family, in this world, Victoria was the person that Krystal wanted to protect most.

In light of the conflict with her mother lately, Krystal was reminded of how supportive and understanding Victoria had been after discovering that Krystal and Amber were dating. Victoria was the first to find out and the first to offer them encouragement in the early stages of their relationship. Always kind and always understanding, Victoria's attitude was everything that Krystal had wanted from her mother and more.

"What if Victoria-unnie had opposed our relationship?" Krystal wondered to herself while watching Victoria cutting vegetables for dinner. Krystal placed her brownies into the over and then wiped her hands on a dish towel. Her eyes wandered over to the f(x) leader and the younger girl couldn't help but analyze the past. Krystal and Amber had been together for less than a month by the time Victoria discovered their relationship. If Victoria had been against their relationship, would the young couple have survived that kind of opposition?

Remembering how difficult it had been to adjust to viewing Amber as her girlfriend, and remembering all the advice and support that Victoria had offered her, Krystal felt that having Victoria on their side made all the difference in the world. Victoria's acceptance was crucial to Krystal and Amber staying together, for Krystal to find the courage to tell Luna about her uality, for Krystal to have the confidence to accept her love for Amber.

Feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude toward Victoria, Krystal leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, startling the leader slightly. 

"What was that for?" Victoria asked curiously, looking up from her knife and cutting board.

"Nothing... I'm just happy to have you back, unnie."

Victoria smiled and kissed Krystal on the cheek as well.

"What's that for?" Krystal asked.

"Because I'm happy to be back."

f(x) was working hard to prepare for their concert, but they were playing hard as well. In addition to their endless practices, f(x) had been filming for their concert VCRs, too. The VCR shoots amounted to playing around with each other and laughing in front of the camera, providing the four girls with a good outlet to relieve their stress. And now that they were only two days away from their first concert performance, finding relief from their stress was more vital than ever.

For f(x), relaxation meant 3 things: food, alcohol, and good company. For that reason, the members were gathering at Victoria's apartment for dinner that night. The eldest member was preparing a bulk of the food with Krystal's help at the moment, but the others were planning to bring food as well.

After the cooking was complete and the dishes laid out on the living room table, Krystal stepped back with Victoria to admire their hard work.

"It looks good!" Krystal declared, giving Victoria her seal of approval. 

"I'm glad we've met your high standards, Chef Jung," Victoria joked. There was a knock at the door and the leader smiled brightly. "We finished just in time!"

Victoria rushed toward the door, waving at Krystal to join her. "Come here, come here."

The young girl opened the door, revealing Amber, Luna, and Amber's older sister, Jackie. The non-f(x) member had arrived in Korea two days ago in order to attend the first concert, and had been invited to the f(x) dinner by Victoria.

"Hey guys, come on in!" Krystal greeted in English. She smiled and stepped back, welcoming in their guests. Amber and Luna carried in covered dishes of food, while Jackie carried a bottle of wine that was graciously passed to Victoria.

In her slightly clumsy Chinese, Jackie thanked the f(x) leader for inviting them for dinner. "Thank you so much for having us over."

Victoria smiled in response, and then pulled Krystal towards her and forced the younger girl to bow. A confused Krystal played along, not knowing what was going on.

"Thank you for accepting my daughter into your family," Victoria said in slow, practiced English. Krystal, Amber, and Jackie snorted with laughter at the unexpected greeting while Luna looked at everyone in confusion.

Not to be outdone, Jackie pulled Amber to her and made her little sister bow as well. She spoke a phrase in Chinese, and only Victoria and Amber laughed this time while the two younger f(x) members looked around in confusion.

"What did she say?" Krystal asked Amber in Korean.

The rapper laughed and offered a translation. "I'm not sure she said it right, but Jackie said, 'Thank you for accepting this idiot.'"

Victoria nodded in approval and gave Jackie a thumbs-up in response, a universal sign of "good job" that everyone in the multi-lingual group could understand.

"Is this supposed to be a meeting of families?" Krystal joked to Victoria in Korean. "Are you giving me away then?"

"A mother can see when her daughter has chosen a good partner," Victoria joked in return.

"If this is a meeting of families, then what's my role?" Luna asked, wondering how she fit into their little scenario.

The leader winked at Luna. "You can be the minister who marries them."

The group moved to the living room where plates and utensils were passed around and the meal was eaten casually as a family. f(x) was a melting pot of cultures and languages. They spoke in English, Korean, Chinese, and even in Japanese for fun. With the addition of Jackie, there wasn't a single language that was common between the five of them. But rather than have Amber translate everything from Korean to English, Victoria and Luna attempted to communicate with Jackie in English and Chinese.

"I missed you," Amber murmured softly to Krystal so that no one else could hear them. Although the language barrier was a bit troublesome, the others were occupied by their own conversation and they paid no attention to the two young lovers. Amber scooted closer to Krystal and intertwined their fingers. "Did you miss me, too?"

Krystal laughed and nudged Amber shyly. "Am, we were together the entire morning and afternoon for practice. When would I have time to miss you?"

"I know, but it's lonely waking up without you," Amber whispered back. Krystal had stayed with Victoria the last two nights since Jackie arrived. She wanted to give the Liu sisters their space since they were rarely able to spend time together.

The younger girl smiled and gave Amber a bratty yet affectionate smile. "I guess you'll just have to it up until Jackie goes home."

"Wow, you're so stingy Jung Soojung," Amber said with only mild sarcasm. "Can't I get a hug or kiss or anything?" The older girl playfully leaned towards Krystal with pursed lips.

The younger girl laughed and pushed Amber back, too embarrassed to kiss he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter