Step By Me

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 30, 2014

Krystal sat up and brushed the remaining tears from her eyes. The thought of Amber coming to visit her on set with a pizza cheered her up immensely. The circumstances of her life hadn't changed--Jessica was still out of Girls' Generation and her drama shooting schedule was still demanding--but for the moment her life seemed a little bit brighter.
 
She reached across the bed for her call sheet and checked the times. There was at least an hour before her next filming; plenty of time to eat a pizza and to complain and whine to her friend, assuming that Amber arrived quickly. Krystal picked up her phone and started to send Amber another text.
 
"How much longer until you--"
 
KNOCK KNOCK.
 
Krystal stopped mid-text, startled by the knock on her trailer door.
 
"One moment!" she called out, double checking that her eyes were dry, not wanting the filming staff to know that she had cried. She quickly ran her hand through her hair to straighten out her bed head.
 
"It's me!" Amber called back, much to Krystal's surprise.
 
"Huh?!" Krystal immediately opened the door and found Amber on the other side with a pizza in hand and a smile on her face.
 
"I have arrived!" the blond haired girl announced grandly, gently pushing Krystal aside as she entered the small trailer. "Lunch is now served!" She glanced at the time on Krystal's phone. "Well, early dinner. Either way, time to eat! Sit, sit, sit," she ordered, pulling Krystal towards her once the younger girl had closed the trailer door.
 
"How'd you get here so fast? Where's your manager-oppa?"
 
"He's hanging out with your manager-oppa. My last schedule for today got moved, so I thought I'd just hang out with you for the rest of the night while you're not filming." Amber flipped open the pizza box and pulled out a warm slice of pizza. She held it in front of Krystal's mouth with a wide smile. "Eat!"
 
Krystal tilted her head slightly and felt awash with gratitude. She wondered if Amber could read her expression and understand how much it meant to have her here right now, but Amber continued to smile and nudge the slice of pizza against Krystal's lips. With a small smile, Krystal leaned forward a took a bite of the delicious pizza. Her tongue was instantly covered in grease and it ignited her appetite. Krystal hadn't realized how hungry she was until that first bite.
 
"Sooooooo good," she moaned, picking up her own slice and finishing it off in no time. As she swallowed the last bite, for one pathetic moment, Krystal felt like crying again because the pizza was so delicious. She wiped her hands and held the napkin against her pressed lips, trying to regain her composure. She looked up to find that Amber had been watching her closely, still holding onto the first slice of pizza that Krystal had bitten.
 
"Are you doing OK?" Amber asked, her cheerful expression now mixing with concern. "Have you talked to your sister yet?"
 
Krystal started to shake and nod her head, unsure of whether or not she was OK. "I called Jess earlier and she was crying really hard. I tried my best to console her, but how can you make anyone feel better after your whole group kicks you out like that?" Krystal heaved a shaky sigh, feeling the tears coming back. "I mean if you guys ever kicked me out like that--"
 
"We're not. We would NEVER." Amber said firmly, dropping her slice of pizza and moving clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter