Diamond

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal awoke to the glare of sunlight in her eyes. She groaned in mild annoyance as she first lifted a hand to block out the offending ray of light, and then rolled over in bed to avoid it entirely. The bedroom curtains were inadvertently left open last night, making for a rather unpleasant wake up call this morning. And the one who had forgotten to close the curtains last night was none other than the beautiful woman who laid beside Krystal, still slumbering peacefully as the sunlight had not yet reached her side of the bed.

As Krystal's eyes fell upon Amber face, she felt that familiar sensation of warmth and security blossom in her chest and then melt to the rest of her body. The irritation she felt from being woken up by the sun was quickly forgotten, and in it's place remained only a profound affection for the older woman. Krystal reached out slowly, trying not to wake her girlfriend as she swept a stray lock of hair out of Amber's eyes. She indulged herself in the faintest caress of Amber's cheek, and then resigned herself to getting out of bed and starting breakfast.

Krystal's bare feet landed on the cool hardwood floor and she shivered slightly at it's touch. She shivered further still as the autumn air kissed her body when the covers fell away. It was probably a bad idea to fall asleep at this time of the year, but she and Amber had been too exhausted to retrieve their scattered clothing before falling asleep last night.

The younger woman instantly missed the warmth of their bed, of Amber's body pressed up against hers in an entrancing hug, but it was too late to go back to sleep now that the cool air had woken her up fully. Krystal pushed herself out of bed and began to put on clothes that were haphazardly strewn across the floor; a sock hanging from the chair in the corner, her underwear from the nightstand, another sock from the floor by her closet.

Krystal's eyes searched the room for the shirt she had been wearing last night before Amber had torn it off her body. She found the article of clothing in a heap at the foot of the bed. When Krystal picked it up though, she revealed Amber's white button-up shirt lying underneath it. Krystal's eyes immediately crinkled with affection as she dropped her own shirt in lieu of Amber's. She brought the white button-up to her nose and breathed in Amber's familiar scent. It was intoxicating.

Krystal cast her gaze back to Amber's sleeping form, wondering if Amber realized just how deep her love had grown over the years since they first started dating. The nervousness, anxiety, and unease that plagued Krystal's heart during their relationship's infancy had slowly melted away over the years until their relationship could be described simply as supportive, affectionate, and comfortable. That wasn't to say that they no longer made each other's hearts race at all the right times, or that they no longer made an effort in their relationship. It just meant that their relationship had strengthened and matured as time went on.

Impulsively, Krystal threw Amber's shirt over her shoulders and put it on, enjoying the feel of Amber's clothes enveloping her body with Amber's scent. The garment came down just past her hips, accentuating her bare legs. Krystal flicked her long hair over the collar with a happy grin and then started buttoning up the shirt. Once she was done, she glanced at herself in the mirror, wondering if Amber would comment on her outfit when she woke up.

Of course she would.

Krystal smiled at her reflection before her eyes came to rest on one of the pictures tucked inside the mirror's frame. The younger woman picked it up gently, glancing at the four faces in a photo that was only a few weeks old. Krystal's eyes traveled from her own face in the picture to Amber's, and then to Luna's and Victoria's, finally coming to a rest of the trophy that the four of them held proudly.

It was a photograph of their first win for their tenth anniversary comeback last month. Krystal already missed her members and the kind of closeness with them that only a proper f(x) comeback could elicit. There was a big chance that this recent comeback--their first in four years--was actually their last comeback ever. But rather than dwell on the negative what-if scenario, Krystal chose to bask in the happy memories they made together just a few weeks ago.

With the photo still held between her fingers, Krystal blew a playful kiss at her sleeping girlfriend and headed out into the hallway. Her gentle footsteps led her to the kitchen where she started by first propping the f(x) picture against an empty mug before opening the kitchen cabinets to pull out plates and bowls and pans. The kitchen was still a little unfamiliar to Krystal even though she and Amber moved in over two months ago, so she opened two wrong cabinets before finding everything she needed and set to work making breakfast.

When Amber asked her to move in and Krystal officially accepted at the end of summer in 2017, Krystal never imagined it would actually take them over two years to finally start living together. It wasn't out of fear or hesitation that they waited this long. It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter