Butterfly

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal was the last person to arrive to her bedroom for the sleepover. Her f(x) members were already setting down their sleeping bags and changing into sleepwear when she entered. Krystal's eyes went to Amber first, and she was somewhat relieved to find Amber caught up in a playful drunken fight with Luna. They were throwing slow punches at each other while Victoria and Sulli egged them on.

"Soo Jung-ah, what's wrong?" Victoria asked, holding out a hand to Krystal. Krystal shrugged, not wanting to bring up whatever was going on between herself and Amber, but went to join her unnie on the ground next to the sleeping bags. "Too much wine?"

"Yeah, I think so," Krystal lied. Sulli sat down on Krystal's other side and cuddled her, making Krystal smile despite feeling a little saddened by Amber's aloof behavior downstairs.

"It's too bad you can't hold your liquor as well as Luna-unnie," Sulli joked. With Luna swaying from side to side and leaning on Amber for support, it was hard to say that Luna was holding her liquor well.

Victoria started to tug at the hem of Krystal's shirt. "It's good to sleep off alcohol, so let's get you into your pajamas and into bed," said the mother-like f(x) leader. Krystal looked up toward Amber and caught the older girl's eyes as Victoria lifted her shirt over her head, revealing her black bra underneath. Amber's eyes widened in surprise and Krystal saw Amber's gaze slide down to her chest and then dart away quickly.

No one else in the room noticed the silent exchange between Krystal and Amber. It was obvious to Krystal that Amber was embarrassed once again, but the sight of a flustered-looking Amber was no longer endearing to her. In fact, it made Krystal feel even worse to see that she was the cause of Amber's discomfort. She turned away from Amber and finished changing into her pajamas quickly. Once she was done, she turned back and started to help Victoria spread out the sleeping bags.

"Smile, Soojungie," Luna said, slurring a bit as she wrapped Krystal in a sloppy backhug. Just like when Sulli had cuddled her earlier, Krystal couldn't help but smile once again. Her members were like a cure for every problem in the world. When she was with any one of them, and especially when she was with all of them, Krystal felt like she could smile regardless of the circumstances.

Krystal reached over her shoulder and patted Luna on the head like a puppy. "It's OK, I'm just a little tired."

"Yeah, me too," Amber said, patting Krystal affectionately on the head. "I'm a little tired, too. Don't worry about it, OK?" They exchanged a quick, meaningful glance that felt like they were apologizing and forgiving each other at the same time. Krystal felt a little bit better with Amber acting normally again, but there was still an uneasiness about what had caused Amber to appear upset in the first place. She would have to ask Amber about it later.

Jessica chose that moment to knock and peek in on the f(x) members. "I'm done with the bathroom," she announced. "I'll be in my room for the rest of the night, so you guys have fun."

"Don't you wanna sleep with us, unnie?" Luna asked cheerfully, patting the sleeping bag on the ground.

Jessica laughed and shook her head. "I think my bed trumps Soo Jung's floor any day. I'll see you guys in the morning. Don't stay up too late!"

"OK, someone hurry up and use the bathroom. I foresee a traffic jam in our future," Victoria said, asserting her authority a bit. Amber raised her hand and Victoria nodded to her. "Amber first."

Amber picked up her pajamas and some toiletries and left the room. Krystal finished spreading out the last sleeping bag as the other girls finished changing. Luna flopped down on the ground across three of the bags and playfully reached up towards Sulli. 
"Sulli-ahhh," Luna called. "Kiss!"

Rolling her eyes in a loving way, Sulli leaned down and gave Luna a kiss on the forehead. "You have the weirdest habits when you're drunk, unnie."

Ignoring Sulli's observation, Luna then reached her hands out to Krystal. "Soojungie, kiss!"

"Nu uh," Krystal said, waving a dismissive hand towards Luna. "I've been part of too much kissing tonight. Ask Victoria-unnie."

"But Amber-unnie didn't even kiss you," Luna whined, slurring a bit. She was referring to the last king order she had given, which resulted in Krystal kissing Amber on the cheek. "Worst chu ever."

"Yah, Sun Young-ah," Victoria said sharply, in a somewhat stern voice. She went over to Luna and began to playfully slap the younger girl's cheeks lightly with both hands. "Let's see you kiss someone before you judge someone else's kissing."

"I prefer hugging over kissing anyway," Krystal said, giggling at the sight of Luna being "punished" by Victoria.

Victoria turned and gave Krystal a knowing smile. "You say that now, but I bet you'll feel differently when you fall in love with someone." She winked in Sulli's direction, and Sulli blushed and looked down with a smile.

After Amber returned from the bathroom, the girls each took their turns and completed their bedtime routines. They sat together on the floor of Krystal's room and talked about ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter