So Into U

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After fainting at the Shanghai concert following the Red Light performance, Krystal was sent back to her hotel room early to rest. Sleep had come very easily to the tired 20 year old, but it was a fitful kind of sleep that left Krystal feeling even more tired when she woke up soon after. She sat up slowly, rubbing her eyes, wondering what had woken her up. There were scuffling sounds coming from the entryway of the pitch black hotel room, and Krystal turned toward them, alarmed.

"Who's there?" she asked fearfully, reaching for her phone by the nightstand. But then Krystal realized that in the staff's haste to get her back to the hotel room, she had been unable to bring any of her belongings with her, including her phone, which she left in the dressing room. She felt around the nightstand for something she could use as a weapon.

"Sorry, it's just me," came Amber's apologetic voice in the darkness. "I didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep."

Krystal's fear quickly turned to annoyance as she the nearby lamp. "Jeez, turn on a light next time. I thought you were a crazy fan or something."

"Nope, just didn't want to wake you," Amber said with a sheepish smile. "How are you feeeling? Were you awake this whole time?" Amber asked, getting her sleepwear and heading for the bathroom.

"No, I fell asleep pretty quickly," Krystal admitted, flopping back down onto her bed. Her body felt extremely sluggish, somehow caught between a state of sleep and awake. "But I don't think it wasn't the good kind of sleep. I still feel pretty crappy. What time is it?"

"Abou' ererven o'crock," Amber responded with a mouth full of toothpaste foam.

"Wow," Krystal said after a moment of mental math. She was dropped off less than an hour ago. "You guys got back really fast."

"We promised we'd meet you back here as soon as we were done, didn't we?" Amber smiled as she exited the bathroom. "Besides, it wasn't any fun without you there."

Krystal returned the smile weakly, her head still pouding from exhaustion. "Where are Vic-unnie and Luna unnie? Did they come back, too?"

"Yeah, but they went to their room. We thought you were sleeping. Do you want me to call them over?"

"Nah...I'm really tired, I should go back to sleep."

"You should," Amber agreed.

"Do you have my phone?" Krystal asked, watching Amber place her own on the nightstand between them.

"I do indeed," Amber said, pulling Krystal's phone out of her pocket as well. "But, you can't look at it until morning."

"Huh? Why not?"

"Because if you look at it now, you won't go to sleep for a veeeery long time," Amber mysteriously and michieviously explained.

"Did you do something to my phone?" Krystal asked, wondering if she should feel annoyed about it or not.

Amber gave her a look of mock exasperation. "Your phone is perfectly fine, I swear. But since you didn't listen to me earlier and you fainted, your punishment is not using your phone tonight, deal?"

"...deal," Krystal reluctantly agreed. In the morning, when she was finally able to look at her phone and see the endless spam of support from her SMTown family, Krystal would understand why Amber did not want her to look at the phone when she was still sleep deprived. But for now, Krystal glared at Amber with mild annoyance.

With a satisfied grin, Amber set Krystal's phone on the nightstand as well. "And now we sleep!" Amber announced, climbing into Krystal's bed.

Krystal eyed her actions with confusion and surprise. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? Move your big over."

"It's not big," Krystal pouted, but she moved over anyway. "I thought you said you didn't want this to become a habit."

"I know, and I didn't, but if there was ever a night where you need some Am-bear time, tonight would be that night," she said with a confident smile. But then her smile faltered every so slightly. "...or did you not want me to?"

"No no, I do," Krystal said, giving Amber a smile that Amber would likely classify as her 'special' smile. She loved all aspects of Amber's personality, but Amber's hesistant, uncertain side was perhaps her most endearing side of all . Krystal held out her arms to Amber. "Come here."

"As you wish, Princess-nim."

As they embraced with Amber slightly on top of Krystal, and Krystal felt her heart pounding in her chest. Now that the Shanghai concert was over, Krystal was supposed to tell Amber about her feelings.

"OK, NOW it's bed time," Amber announced, breaking the hug and reaching over Krystal for the lamp switch.

"No, wait!" Krystal said, panicking slightly. She was about to confess, and Amber's abrupt actions surprised her.

"No stalling, it's bedtime," Amber said, misreading Krystal's protest. "We'll play in the morning if you're feeling better."

"No, um, I wanted to apologize.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter