Deja Vu

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite being a relative term, Krystal wondered when life would return to "normal". For Krystal, normal meant being able to go home at a reasonable hour, which her filming sessions for "Bride of the Water God" were currently stopping her from doing. It meant being able to see her sister Jessica, who was always out of the country on work lately. It meant being able to spend time together with her girlfriend Amber, who had taken an extended trip to the US for the past month. And it meant performing with her members as f(x), a phenomenon that hadn't happened since the Dimension 4 encore performances in Yokohama almost 8 months ago.

Well one thing in her life had returned to normal at least. Her "relationship" with Kai was finally over. Dispatch announced the news 2 months ago. Even though the fake romance hadn't really affected her life much after the initial disruptions when the news was announced, it was a relief to finally know that it was over. 

But one spot of normalcy did not negate the other abnormalities. The most important people in Krystal's life were currently scattered around the globe, and Krystal was stuck on set feeling a bit disconnected from everyone for the past few weeks. FaceTime and KakaoTalk kept the young girl in contact with her sister and members from the United States to China and everywhere in between, but it wasn't quite the same as seeing everyone in person on a regular basis. f(x) was always described as a multinational group, and Krystal mused that the description was more true now than it had ever been before.

Still, they were all keeping busy. And more importantly, they were all keeping in touch. Even though solo activities were reigning supreme these days, the f(x) members were happy for each other's success from afar. Since November, Krystal had cameo'd in "Legend of the Blue Sea", released a solo track ("I Don't Wanna Love You" with June One Kim), and was now acting in "Bride of the Water God", her first Korean drama since "My Lovely Girl" almost two years ago.

The young girl relaxed in her trailer on the set of her drama and waited to be called for her next scene. Krystal was in a nostalgic mood today as she flipped idly through her script, and she was reminded of the loneliness that she had felt while sitting in her trailer on the set of "My Lovely Girl" after learning that Jessica had been kicked from Girls' Generation.

It was Amber who had saved her from her loneliness that day, like a knight in shining armor. Even though that had been a difficult day for Krystal, opening the door of her trailer to find Amber standing outside with a box of pizza in hand and the warmest smile on her face had become a cherished memory for Krystal.

As she continued to flip through her script while lost in her memories, there was a sudden knock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter