Rainbow

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal woke up to find Amber still sleeping next to her, which was surprising as Amber had snuck out of bed early the last two times they slept together. But this time, Amber's arm was still draped over her waist, and Krystal wondered if the two of them had slept in this position all night. Gently, Krystal rolled over and brushed the hair from Amber's eyes. Her fingertips caressed Amber's cheek, and Krystal trailed her touch down to Amber's soft lips. The older girl stirred slightly, and then slowly opened her eyes. When she saw Krystal looking back at her, Amber's eyes softened instantly and she smiled sleepily.

"It wasn't a dream, was it?"

"That depends," Krystal said, playfully tousling Amber's hair. "What do you think you dreamed about?"

"I dreamed that you told me you loved me?"

Krystal smiled gently, her affection for Amber making her eyes crinkle adorably. "I don't think that was a dream."

"Yeah, I don't think it was a dream either," Amber whispered, reaching over to hug her princess. She placed her head on Krystal's chest and squeezed her tightly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Really, really well," Krystal replied, returning the hug. "You?"

"Better than I've ever slept before."

Amber's phone buzzed on the nightstand, breaking their dream-like morning. Amber rolled away to check the message, relaying the info to Krystal.

"Vic-unnie's asking if you're awake yet. They want to come over and check on you." Krystal nodded and Amber started to type out the response. "She's awake. Come over whenever," Amber texted back.

"I'll get the door," Krystal said, tossing the covers off and starting to put her slippers on.

"Nah, no need," Amber said dismissively. She dropped her phone onto the night stand and tried to pull Krystal back into bed. "They have a key. They can let themselves in."

Krystal smiled and started to let Amber pull her back into bed, but then she froze. "Wait, what? They have their own key?"

Krystal and Amber looked at each other, and then they looked to Amber's perfectly made bed. Without a word, Amber dove out of Krystal's bed and towards her own. She reached out and ripped the covers off her bed, making it look like her bed had been slept in last night. At that exact same moment, the door of their room flew open and a cheerful Victoria and Luna burst in.

"Soojungie! Soo Jung-ah! How are you feeling?" Krystal's unnies showered her with affection as they climbed into her bed and started to baby her. Spoiled princess that she was, Krystal always enjoyed this kind of attention from her unnies. But as Amber still had not moved from her position, which was half on her own bed and half on the floor, and as Krystal was unsure if her unnies had noticed anything odd about their behavior, Krystal was feeling a little uneasy at the moment.

"What are you doing?" Luna finally asked Amber, taking notice of Amber's odd position.

"I think I pulled something getting out of bed," came Amber's muffled reply since her face was buried in the mattress. Luna scooted off Krystal's bed and helped Amber get up. They sat down together on Amber's bed while Victoria fondly hugged Krystal over on Krystal's bed. Amber and Krystal exchanged a quick glance, and the message between them was clear: don't tell Victoria and Luna about last night's confessions.

"So?" Victoria asked eagerly, squeezing the maknae to death. "Did Amber tell you last night?"

Krystal's eyes widened in shock, mistakenly thinking that Victoria was referring to Amber's love confession last night, but Amber quickly responded and came to Krystal's rescue.

"Not yet, She was already asleep last night. I was gonna tell her now."

"Tell me what...?" Krystal asked, raising her eyebrow.

"After you left last night, Amber-unnie felt bad and wanted to do something nice for you. It was amazing!" Luna exclaimed, positively bursting with excitement.

"It's not as exciting as Luna's making it sound," Amber said, giving Luna a sharp poke in the side. "You're gonna get her hopes up if you explain it like that."

"Owww," Luna whined. "Why? I thought it was really wonderful. I wish someone would do something like that for me."

Krystal shook her head, still confused. "I don't get it, what did Amber do?"

"Everyone heard that you couldn't perform the ending anymore because of Girls' Generation, and they were all feeling bad about it," Amber said, making Krystal cringe. She thought about how she had blown up at Girls' Generation last night and she regretted it quite a bit. Krystal wished the outburst had been a little more private instead of in front of many of her label-mates and unknown staff members working at the concert. "So I decided to ask our SM family for a favor."

"What kind of favor?" Krystal asked.

"It wasn't much, but I asked everyone to not wear their SMTown t-shirts last night."

"Why?" Krystal asked.

"As a kind of tribute to you."

Krystal furrowed her brow in confusion. "I don't get it...how is not wearing their t-shirts a tribute to me?"

Amber turned to Luna, looking a little annoyed. "See? You hyped up the surprise too much and now she doesn't like it."

"It's because you're not telling it right," Luna said, giving the sullen llama a playful nudge. She turned to Krystal with an eager smile. "After you left, Amber-unnie ran around to all the dressing rooms and told everyone not to wear their t-shirts in order to show their support for you since you weren't with us last night. It doesn't sound like much, but it was a really big deal to everyone last night. They were all really eager to show you their support after the fight you had with Girls' Generation-unnies and after you fainted. Here, look!"

Luna her phone in front of Krystal's face and Krystal saw that she had a video already queued. Krystal took the phone and tapped the "play" icon, and a fancam of last night's Hope performance began to play. As Amber and Luna had described, the SMTown artists came out one by one, still clad in the outfits worn for their last group performance.

"Everyone really wanted you to know that you were with us in spirit yesterday," Luna said proudly.

"No one had a problem with this?" Krystal wondered. "Not even the stylists or the managers?"

"Uh... well the managers weren't really happy with the idea," Amber admitted. "But what are you gonna do when over 40 adult performers refuse to wear something? It's not like they could force us to wear the t-shirts."

Krystal smirked and kept watching the video. The f(x) members finally appeared on stage. Krystal was happy to seem them smiling and walking together, linked arm-in-arm in their Red Light outfits. "Wow, I can't believe you guys were able to coordinate it so quickly. There couldn't have been more than 4 songs left after we performed."

"There were some close calls," Victoria explained. "By the time Amber found the Super Junior oppas, they were already headed to their stage in their t-shirts. But as soon she explained about not wearing t-shirts for the ending, they started to rip off their shirts and run back to their dressing room to change." Victoria laughed as she comically reenacted their oppas ripping their clothes off.

"Hey!" Krystal suddenly noticed. Luna and Taeyeon began to sing their part, but they didn't hold hands like they usually did. Even during the two Tokyo hope performances, Luna had held Taeyeon's hand even though Krystal had been forced to sit out. Krystal turned to Luna curiously. "Why didn't you hold Taeyeon unnie's hand last night? You always hold her hand when you sing your part."

"Ah, yeah," Luna said sheepishly. "It just sort of happened that way. I was busy playing with Vic-unnie and Amber-unnie and I forgot."

Krystal eyed Luna suspiciously. Her Luna-unnie had a very kind heart. She had infinite patience for everyone and couldn't stand to make people feel bad or unwanted. And at the same time, her Luna-unnie was very loyal and very devoted to f(x) and her members.

"Don't lie," Krystal told Luna sternly, although not meanly. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter