Garagabana

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few more weeks passed with the world gossiping about Krystal's "relationship" with Kai. Time had slowly eased away Krystal and Amber initial stress about the scandal, and they no longer wrestled with feelings of anger or frustration. In all honesty, they no longer cared what the world thought about Kaistal. The scandal became just another minor annoyance in their otherwise happy relationship. Krystal and Amber's behavior towards each other in private returned to normal after their open and honest conversation so many weeks ago. Their public behavior, on the other hand, had grown a bit more mischievous as of late.

As Krystal stood on stage with Amber and listened to her girlfriend pump up the crowd of KCON France 2016, the young girl felt shy and yet playful at the same time. Krystal's English skills were typically only used in front of Amber and her family, but Krystal took the opportunity to address the screaming audience before them.

"So do you guys wanna listen to Amber's song?" Krystal asked the audience in English, pleased by the tumultuous roar that followed. "And Luna's music," she added, reminding the audience that the last member of their f(3) lineup for today would soon be returning to the stage.

The deafening cheers and overwhelming love from the audience made Krystal smile from the bottom of her heart. This was her first public performance since the Kaistal scandal came out, and she had worried that her fans might have turned their back on her because of it. She had seen it happen over and over again with idols who got involved in dating scandals, but she never should have doubted their MeUs. All that awaited her and f(x) today in Paris was their fans' unconditional love.

Krystal quickly stepped behind Amber, lifting her girlfriend's arms triumphantly to more screams and cheers. "Give it up for my members! Amber and Luna!" Krystal cried out, giving her support to Amber before leaving the stage.

As "Shake That Brass" began to play and Krystal watched Amber bounce energetically around the stage, Krystal knew for certain that their Kaistal problems were long behind them. They were moving on to a happier phase in their lives, and they weren't afraid to show that happiness to the world.

Just a few weeks ago, while Krystal had been filming in China, she had boldly worn Amber's hoodie in public while grocery shopping with her manager. The one-of-a-kind Dimension 4 hoodie was emblazoned with Amber's name in unmistakable block letters. Amber had lovingly packed the hoodie into Krystal's suitcase as a good luck charm and a reminder of home since Krystal was going to be in China for a while. The young girl typically wore it while relaxing in her hotel room after long days of filming.

"Soojung-ah, let's go grocery shopping before it gets dark," Wongyun had suggested, peeking his head into Krystal's hotel room only to find the young girl lounging in bed in Amber's hoodie. "Come on, it's good to get out of the hotel for a while."

"I was out all day filming, though," Krystal pouted, but she stood up to go shopping anyway. "Give me a minute, oppa. I'll get changed."

"Why do you need to change? Grocery shopping isn't supposed to be glamorous," Wongyun laughed, gazing at her casual clothing. "Why can't you just wear that?"

Krystal glanced down at Amber's hoodie and then back up at Wongyun with a look of disbelief. "Uh, because I don't want people to see me in my secret girlfriend's clothing?"

Wongyun raised an eyebrow in mock confusion. "Secret girlfriend? I thought you were dating Kai."

The manager and idol exchanged a conspiratorial smile.

"That's an excellent point," Krystal conceded cheerfully. "Never mind then. I guess I'm ready to go."

It was no surprise to Krystal that Chinese fans noticed her wearing Amber's hoodie right away, and it also came as no surprise that pictures of her began circulating on social media before her shopping trip was even over. What did surprise Krystal was how amusing she found the situation. The one benefit to having SM "confirm" her dating news with Kai was that she didn't have to worry about negative, homophobic speculation from wearing Amber's clothes. And it helped that Wongyun found the situation amusing as well.

"Here," Wongyun said, ing his phone at Krystal to show the young girl a picture of herself from behind, unmistakably wearing Amber's hoodie. "Just in case Amber doesn't believe you wore it in public. I'll send it to you."

"Thanks oppa. But I'm pretty sure she's going to find out on her own. I saw a fan taking pictures of me earlier."

"Ah... you're making headlines even while grocery shopping. Our Soojung is too famous for her own good," he joked.

Krystal slapped him lightly on the arm. "Ya, I'm getting noticed because YOU suggested I wear Amber's hoodie!"

And just like Krystal predicted, Amber found out about the incident later that night when the fan-taken pictures made their way to twitter and Amber was mentioned in the tweets. Krystal smiled at Amber's anxious voice as they Facetime'd from China and South Korea.

"What were you thinking, Soojung? I can't believe you wore my hoodie in public!"

"So?" Krystal asked nonchalantly. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter