Chocolate Love

Constant and Changing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the morning of October 5th, the second day of the SMTown Tokyo concerts, Krystal woke up feeling very well rested but alone. Despite falling asleep with Amber on separate sides of the bed last night, Krystal was completely on Amber's side now and Amber was no where in sight.

"Amber?" Krystal called out, wondering if she was in the bathroom. There was no response. "Amber?" she called again, a little sad that Amber had abandoned her before she had woken up. Shaking off the disappointment, Krystal showered and brushed her teeth. By the time she finished dressing, Amber returned to their room carrying a covered plate of food and what looked to be coffee.

"Morning," Amber greeted her with surprise. "I thought I'd be able to wake you up myself, but guess I wasn't sneaky enough."

"Not quite," Krystal agreed with a grin. "Although you were sneaky enough to get out of bed this morning without waking me. How'd you do that?"

"Are you kidding?" Amber asked incredulously. "Do you know how HARD it is to wake you when you're sleeping, Jung Soo Jung? Here, I'll give you the play by play," she said, pushing the coffee into Krystal's hands and leading her to the bed. Krystal took a sip of the coffee, which was perfectly balanced to her liking, and gestured to Amber that she could proceed with her story.

"So last night, after you fell asleep," Amber began, "you totally took up ALL of the bed."

Krystal snorted into her coffee, nearly choking on it. "What?! No way, you're lying!"

"I assure you that I am NOT lying," Amber said with a mock-disapproving look. "I don't have any photo evidence, but I guarantee you that you took up 90% of the bed."

"Well why didn't you wake me up or push me back onto my side?" Krystal asked, still giggling.

"Uh, I did!!" Amber protested. "More than once! The first time it happened, I gently rolled you back to your side without waking you up. The second time it happened? I actually WOKE you up--after shaking you for like 5 minutes--and you rolled back to your side on your own. Clearly you don't remember it. And the third time? Well you were literally sleeping ON TOP of me at that point."

Krystal was doubled over with laughter listening to Amber's story and watching her exaggerated portrayal of how Krystal had nearly smothered her in her sleep. "There's no way that I sleep that badly," Krystal argued. "I've shared a bed with Jess before and we stay on our own sides of the bed without any trouble."

"Then there must be something special about this bed because you were allllll up on my side last night. You know what I did after that third time when you were sleeping on top of me?"

"What?" Krystal asked, sitting on the edge of the bed with an amused look on her face.

"Well, my first thought was the throw you OFF the bed for interrupting my beauty sleep all night," Amber admitted, much to Krystal's amusement, "but you were sleeping so peacefully that I couldn't bear to wake you. So like a ninja I crawled out from underneath you, got out of bed, tiptoed across the room, slipped out the door, and..." she handed Krystal the plate she had been carrying, ".

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter