Chapter 27

LIE TO ME

At Jung’s World Hotel

Yunho came to work right after he left Jaejoong’s house.

“Pew~ the smell of alcohol. How much did you drink?” asked Changmin while enter the room

Yunho just sighed “Did you check up what i did ask you to find?”

“Yeah~ the ticket sales rate are pretty low, only 5%. In fact, even with the free tickets, I'm not sure i’d go” Yunho glared at Changmin. “I know that the intention is good. But modern day people, they need something daring, like fusion style….isn’t this too traditional?”

“Traditional?” asked Yunho, Changmin nodded.

“What good is it to do the things everyone already does? You must the courage to do what other people won’t dare” Yunho sounds angry

“Why are you getting angry at me for , Mr.President?”

“Because you talk like it wont work!”. Before Yunho talk again,Changmin stopped him.

“Okay okay~ relax bro. Let me get to the point. Something is fishy on Chairman Chen’s side”

“What do you mean?”

“I got report from our spy at Great Hotel. They seem to have started meeting with Chairman Chen. Mr.Chen seems to consider their offer in a positive light”

“Arasso (i understand)”

Changmin bowed and leave the room. Yunho sighed “ This is what I expected. But i didn’t think to will be this quick”

 

 

Jaejoong’s office

“Jaejoong-shi~ the ticket sales has gone up!!” shout Hyunsu

“Really?!!” Junjin is excited. Three of them gather to look at the screen including the manager. Jaejoong sighs “Even so, the sales only 5%”

“But when Mr.Park handle this, none of the ticket sold. Jaejoong-shi, please cheer up!” said Junjin

“Go for it!!” Hyunsu and Manager cheer for Jaejoong.

Jaejoong smile and laughed.

 

 

At expensive restaurant

 

Mr.Shim waiting for Yoon Ju’s parents. Once they arrived, Mrs.Shim bow and greet them politely. “How have you been?” Mrs.Shim asked and they replied happily. Three of them having a lunch together and talk about random things since it’s been a long time they haven’t met.

“If my husband and Yoon Joo are happy then that’s my greatest happiness” said Mrs.Park (Yoon Joo’s mum)

“Yoon Joo…..will be happy in the future” said Mrs.Shim

“I suppose Mr.Jung Yunho is still very busy with Chairman Chen. It would’ve been better” said Mr.Park

Mrs.Shim smiles “Yes. But…In order to move forward, we need your support desperately.”

Mr & Mrs.Park look at each other.

“Ahhh~ I understand” said M.Park while laughing.

 

 

World Hotel

“Did you have your dinner? asked Mrs.Shim as soon she enter Yunho’s office.

“Ah..Yes”

“I heard Mr.Chen is contacting Great Hotel”

“I heard it too”

“What are you intending to do? Do you plan just watch on the sidelines? Since you took full responsibility, shouldn’t you have a plan?”

“First of all, I'm re-editing our business plan. And also looking into another investment partner, as a backup”

“As you know in order to enter the Chinese market, you can’t avoid working with Chairman Chen. It cant be solved by just finding another investor”

“I agree with you, so….”

Mrs.Shim cut Yunho. “I had a lunch with Congressman Park and his wife today. You know that he was the ambassador in China for a long time, don’t you? When he was in China, he helped Mr.Chen with the Korean market.”

“So?”

“You and Yoon Ju……”

“Aunt, you want me to re-start with Yoon Ju now when it’s all over?”

“Whether you restart with Yoon Ju or get married with her, i don't care. Im a businesswomen. At least for this moment. Grab Congressman Park!”

“Aunt!..”

“Congressman Park is our last resort to make Chairman Chen change his mind”

Yunho didn’t say any further. He’s really mad on what his aunt had said.

 

 

Yoon Ju’s House

 

“You said you were home, then why you don't answer the phone? Yoon Ju-yaa~ Yoon Ju-yaa~~”

Mrs.Park just entered Yoon Ju’s house since she’s not answering her phone.

“Omooo~ Why is she sleeping like that?” Mrs.Park feel weird looking the position of sleeping Yoon Ju.

“Yoon Ju-yaa~ Yoon Ju-yaaa!!!! Omo!!!”

 

 

Hospital

Yoon Ju is being hospitalize due to stress and dehydrate, end up she passed out.

Mrs.Park’s phone suddenly ringing when she checking on Yoon Ju.

“Yes, Mrs.Shim, Yoon Ju has unexpectedly been hospitalized. No, it’s nothing serious. They said it’s all due to stress. The doctor advise that with medication and rest, she’ll be okay. Im sorry for not being able to keep our appointment for tomorrow. Okay then….” she hang up the calls.

At the same time Mr.Park just arrived. Mrs.Park look at his husband sadly. “Honey, this child, our Yoon Ju is your only daughter, right?”

 

 

World Hotel

"It’s most likely that Mr.Chen will sign with Great Hotel. But if our shareholder found out the reason Mr.Chen changed his mind….”

“That’s enough…” Yunho stopped Changmin. “I’ll take care of my own problem”

“How?” asked Changmin

“We still have time till the final decision phase. So, be patient. Mr.Chen is not someone who act recklessly. Whatever it is, i’ll take care of this, so you may leave”

Changmin nodded and bow to Yunho before leave the room.

Yunho’s phone ‘buzzzz’ message from his love

Joongie: "Are you busy? Im busier than you…but lets have a lunch break”

Yunho smiles but before he replied, Mrs.Shim is calling

“What is it Aunt?”

“Yoon Ju is hospitalized. Put everything else aside and go to see her at the hospital. If Congressman Park and his wife dislike you, that’ll be end of attracting Chairman Chen’s investment!!”

“Aunty….!!” Before Yunho speak, Mrs.Shim end the call. Another drama for Jung to face

 

 

That night, Yunho went to visit Yoon Ju at the hospital. It’s good thing that she still sleeping. Yunho just look at her and said “Dont be sick”

After that Yunho immediately leave the room.

 

 

Next Day

 

Yunho walk so fast but Changmin stop him. “Where are you going?”

“I’ll be right back” Yunho leave the office

“But…where are you going??” Again Changmin being ignored by Jung.

 

 

At the Seoul Art Centre, Jaejoong wearing his handbook and ready for the korean traditional music to start.

“Did a lot of people come? I heard the ticket sold out” asked Jaejoong

Junjin laughs “We still have time. Im sure the theater will be full in a minute”

“I think so too, right? Please get ready” smiles Jaejoong

But at the end only few people attend, not more than 10.

MC started to greet the audience. “Before starting the performance, Mr.Jaejoong will give a short speech”

Jaejoong walk straight to the centre of the stage. “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jaejoong imnida”

Jung Yunho who sit at the middle of the theater claps so hard for Jaejoong along with big flower beside him.

“This is the first concert of the Traditional Music of Korea project. Our Ministry has worked on this project for the past year. We wanted everyone to recall our forgetten traditional music. Hopefully, many people will comeback for more traditional music concerts. The concert will start now. Thank you”

Everyone clapped and Yunho smiles while waving his hand to Jaejoong. But Jaejoong feel uneasy and ignore him.

 

After the concert end, Yunho waiting for Jaejoong at the entrance. Jaejoong came out and walk straight to Yunho.

“Congratulations! You did a good job! It was excellent!” said Yunho while give flowers to Jaejoong

“What are you doing?”

“Whats wrong?”

“How many tickets did you buy? Im asking you how many tickets you bought?!”

“Ahhh~~just a few” laughs Yunho

“A few? How many?” Jaejoong asked again

“A lot”

“How many? 50?”

“No.”

“100?”

“More”

“300? 500?…How could you do this to me?Why are you making fool of me like this?! I didn’t even know” said Jaejoong sadly

Before Jaejoong left, Yunho grab his hand. “Wait a minute. Since it’s well-planned event, i thought many people will come to see it. So i gave the ticket to people i know, telling them they were free. Why they didn't come? They’re so disappointing.”

“Who said i wanted this? I was so happy because i thought i made this all on my own. Do you know excited i was before getting on the stage? How can you make a fool of me like this?”

“I thought you’d be happy if it was sold out, so i bought them.” said Yunho, he’s worried since Jaejoong seems upset by his action

“Im so speechless..” by that Jaejoong leave Yunho and enter the venue.

“Kim Jaejoong!!!!”

 

 

At night, Jaejoong walking at the usual path to his home, he rest and sit at the Cherry Blossom’s trees while sighing. Suddenly colourful lights around the trees was turn on. Jaejoong smiles, “Ahhh~ it’s so pretty~~” but then the lights was off which make Jaejoong feel curious. When he turns back..

 

“Oh my god!!!! You surprised me!”

It was Jung Yunho. with his blur face, Yunho try to fix the lights to make it on again. “You were surprised, right? Im so relieved! I was worried you wouldn't be surprised” smiles Yunho

Jaejoong just stared at him. “As for the tickets, i didn't know the right way to handle it. I didn't want you to be disappointed after all your hard work. Im sorry”

Yunho walk towards Jaejoong and take a sit beside him. Jaejoong just quiet and look down. “Im learning little by little, How to get used to Kim Jaejoong” said Yunho

Jaejoong turned to him and laughs followed by Yunho. Both of them plastered with smiles that people who crazy-in-love

“Isnt it pretty?” asked Yunho. Jaejoong just nodded and put his head on Yunho’s shoulder. Both of them smiles while looking at the beautiful lights

 

 

 

Next day, Chariman Chen and Mr.Park had a meeting together. Both of them seem had a good meeting and great agreement

 

meanwhile at World Hotel

“I told you to visit Yoon Ju at the hospital. Why didn't you go?” asked Mrs.Shim

“If it’s about that, please stop it”

“Whats wrong with you?! Why you always takes the hardest way? I have looked into Kim Jaejoong”

“Aunty!!”

“Let me be clear..”

“That’s enough. This is my private life. Business has nothing to do with it.” said Yunho angrily.

“You’ve risen to the position of the president of World Hotel on your own. So, I'm sure you know this. Business is not always lean and neat as you think. At least on this matter, do what i say”

“Aunt…”

“Listen to me. If you continue to ignore her like this……i set a dinner appointment with Congressman Park’s family tonight. Come join us no matter what happens. This is your last chance.” by that Mrs.Shim left the room

 

 

 

Jaejoong’s office

 

“Hello, this is Kim Jaejoong. Ehh?! ahh yes”

Jaejoong was called by Ministry of Culture, so he went up to meet the ministry.

“I heard you went to Jeju Island.”

“Yes, Minister”

“It must not have been easy to convince that Japanese judge. Regardless, you worked very hard” praised the Minister

“Please don't mention it, i just did my job”

“Didnt you tell me last time that you’re married to Jung Yunho?”

Jaejoong’s face changed. “Yes..”

“Well, do you by any chance know Congressman Park Seung Gun?”

“Congressman Park Seung Gun? No, i have never met him before”

“According to what i heard, a marriage talk is being arranged between Mr.Jung and Congressman Park’s daughter.”

Jaejoong’s face immediately changed after what he heard from the minister.

“Why did you tell such a lie? I don’t know why you lied, but you’re a publicc servant. If you have a scandal with a hotel president in business relationship, what would the outsiders think?”. Jaejoong just looked down and keep quiet. “Since you have done so well for the Ministry, i’ll let it slide this time. But if another unpleasant things happens…”

“Im sorry…”

 

 

 

Yoon Ju’s house

Yoon Ju had discharged from hospital yesterday.

“Why don’t you wear something prettier?” said Mrs.Park

Yoon Ju look at her dress. “Im not pretty in this?”

“Ofcourse you are! You’re pretty no matter what you wear”

“This will be good enough to meet stepfather (Mr.Park)”

“Mrs.Shim will be there. As well as Yunho”

Yoon Ju’s expression changed immediately when she heard Yunho’s name. “Omma!!”

“It’s not what you think. It’s just a simple dinner” said Mrs.Park. But Yoon Ju feel uneasy with her mum statement.

 

 

At the dinner, everyone is there except for Jung Yunho,

“I hope i didn't call out a busy man like him to dinner” said Mr.Park.

“No, sir. I know that you’re even busier than him. Im sorry.” Mrs.Shim apologized. “He has never been late for an appointment” added Mrs.Shim while eyeing at Yoon Ju. “Excuse me”

 

 

Yunho still at his office room. Message from Jaejoong “Where are you? Im blue today. I need your consolation.” Yunho let out a small laughs. Before he start typing, incoming call from Mrs.Shim.

Yunho sigh while answer the phone. “Hello?”

“Where are you? How can you break the appointment?”

“I never made that promise”

“Im not asking you to do something with Yoon Ju. You said you know how to separate business from your personal life right? Then come immediately, this is business. Our future depends on this business.”

“Im sorry, Mrs.Chairman”

“Yunho-ya, im asking you as your aunt who has raised you as my own child. I really don't want to lose the Chinese market to Great Hotel, which is my eternal rival. Don't you understand me?”

“Aunty!!”

“Yunho-ya..”

“I understand” Yunho sighed.

 

Yunho slowly enter his car, suddenly he got call for Jaejoong

“Hello? Where are you?”

“Ahh~in my office”

“Still in your office?”

“I have a lot of things to do today”

“You must be really busy, ignoring my text message and everything”

“Im sorry..”

“Whats wrong with your voice? I feel down but you sounds worse than me”

“No, thats not true”

“When are you done? Shall i go to you?”

 “No, i’ll call you when I'm done.”

“I hate doubting and suspecting someone. And i was going to endure all the hardships. However, do you know Congressman Park Seung Gun?” asked Jaejoong. Yunho was shocked how did Jaejoong know. “I shouldn't have said it. Im strangely blue today. So don't worry. In order to date the CEO Jung Yunho, the busiest guy in Korea. I should be patient, even if i miss you alot, right? Okay, go back to your work. Call me when you’re done”

“Jaejoong-ahh”

“what?”

“Nothing….i’ll call you when I'm done”

“O..okay”

 

After Yunho end the call, Jaejoong sighed. He feel so stress, moreover when he know Yunho must be meeting with Yoon Ju's family. Then he decided to send text message to Yunho.

“Im sorry…..i shouldn't have said it…but, i really do miss you”

 

Yunho feel really frustrated at the same time angry with himself for hurting Jaejoong. Yunho drive and he stop at Han River. To think whether he should choose meeting with Park’s family or Jaejoong??

 

 

 

Jaejoong keep sighing while walking. “How wonderful would it be if he was here with me on days like this? He didn't even reply to my text message. What kind of boyfriend is he!”

Jaejoong’s phone ‘buzzz’ message from Yunho. “I miss you a lot especially today.” Jaejoong pout.

Another message from Yunho, “Why do you look so depressed?”. Jaejoong smiled. Then Jaejoong’s phone ringing.

“Hello?”

“Sorry for calling you back so late.” said Yunho

“Thats okay. I guess you were so busy, you couldn't even go to the bathroom”

Im always busy, of course. But, whats wrong with your expression?” Yunho asked again.

Jaejoong start to feel weird how did Jung know his expression, so he tried to turn his head around, suddenly Jung Yunho appeared. Jaejoong immediately run and crashed his body to Yunho's while sobbing. Yunho automatically wrap his hand to Jaejoong’s waist and hug him tightly.

“Do you know how hard it was for me?” cries Jaejoong.

“Do you know how much i missed you?” said Yunho while his tears start to fall.

 

 

 

<3 (any error will be edited later ^^) Anyway, Happy Birthday Jaejoong <3

Thank you for the comments and thank you for subcribing ^^ Wish you all Happy New Year