Chapter 20

LIE TO ME

 

 

Next day, Jaejoong meet Heechul at the usual place, the coffee shop.

"That woman is ex-fiance, did you meet her? Ah!! What is it exactly?!!" Heechul shouted at Jaejoong.

"Yahhh! You're really persistent!"

"Looks like you didn't meet her. Kim Jaejoong! What do you take my words for?!"

"Heechul-ah, it's Sunday. Just rest on a Sunday, okay?"

"Don't regret later, and do what i say"

Jaejoong sighed. "The core of a husband and wife relationship is trust. I trust my husband, so why are you making such a fuss? You don't trust your husband? Don't regret in the future....Im more worried about you"

Heechul's expression changed, "What do you mean?"

"Just mind your own business. Im leaving".

Once again Jaejoong leave Heechul. Heechul immediately drink his juice and crashed the ice in his mouth because his anger is increasing.

 

 

Jaejoong walking slowly and talking to himself. "The core of a husband and wife relationship is trust. How did i write it so well?". Jaejoong laughed. "What if Heechul notices it? Ah! That man's vision is very sharp! I don't care~~".

Suddenly someone came out from a car calling him, "Kim Jaejoong-shi..".

Jaejoong look at the guy, "Chairman Hyeon (Mrs.Shim) wants to see you"

"Chairman Hyeon? Jung Yunho's aunt?"

"Yes."

"Why does she want to see me?"

"You'll know when you see her"

 

 

Chairman's assistant bring Jaejoong to the traditional korean restaurant. When Jaejoong came in, he saw Mrs.Shim and Yunho having their lunch together.

Mrs.Shim saw his present there, "Come over"

Yunho was shocked to see Jaejoong there. Jaejoong bow, "Hello, Im Kim Jaejoong"

"Please sit down"

Jaejoong slowly take a seat beside Yunho. Yunho immediately look at Mrs.Shim, "What is this all about?"

Mrs.Shim smiles, "I just want to see him"

Suddenly annother surprise, Oh Yoon Joo came in. She also shocked to see Yunho there. While Jaejoong's face turn pale and his heart is beating fast. This is not a good sign.

"Oppa!"

"Oh, come over and sit down". Mrs.Shim invite her. "Yunho-yah, you should introduce your wife to us". Yoon Joo was damn shocked. "Oh, haven't you heard about it? Yunho got married"

Jaejoong and Yunho also shocked. "Aunty..." Yunho try to stop

Yoon Joo feel uneasy, "You're lying"

"You must have heard about it, right? You think it's only rumours...that they got married? Because i didn't agree, they got married secretly"

Yunho stomp his hand on the table and stand,"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

Mrs.Shim still look calm, "Right now, it's all because of you. Im also thinking if agreeing will be better or not"

Yoon Joo immediately stand and ran away. While Yunho is damn angry, "You're really great". Yunho also leave.

"Jung Yunho!!!" Mrs.Shim shouted. While Jaejoong, he sit like a statue. Shocked and sad at the same time. Mrs.Shim sighed, "Im sorry, Kim Jaejoong-shi"

Jaejoong eyes goes right and left, then he stand and ran to chase Yunho.

While Yunho try to catch Yoon Joo, but she already left. Jaejoong shouted, "Wait a minute! Can we talk?!!"

"Im sorry". That's the only words by Yunho, then he drove away to find Yoon Joo.

Jaejoong's heart break into pieces, he breath so hard, "Do you still like that woman?". Jaejoong sighed.

 

 

 

Yunho drive to Yoon Joo's house, "Yoon Joo!!! Yoon Joo-ya!!! Yoon Joo-ya!!". He keep pressing the bell. Then he remember something, the place that Yoon Joo might go.

 

 

While Jaejoong now sitting infront of Jung Yunho's house. Then Changmin came to send documents, "Kim Jaejoong-shi"

Jaejoong bow, "Have you contacted Jung Yunho-shi?"

"What? Ah....no". When Changmin was about to enter the house, he stop. "Kim jaejoong-shi...Do you want to came in and wait?"

"Ah,no need. If you contact him, please contact me afterwards". smiles Jaejoong.

"Ah.okay" Changmin bow.

Jaejoong walk slowly and leave while looking at the house. "So this is just a short memories for us?"

 


 

Yoon Joo is staring the beach. The place where the last time she and Yunho met and officially break up. Then when she turn, she shocked to see Yunho walking towards her. Yoon Joo immediately hug Yunho while crying. Yunho slowly want to hug her back but then he stop.

 

 

Jaejoong was dreaming of Yunho and Yoon Joo getting back together. He immediately wake up and leave the house in the middle of night. Jaejoong is now standing infront of Yoon Joo's house. He feel hesitate to press the bell. He sighing non-stop and sit on the staircase. He don't know what to do anymore. He finally fell sleep until the next morning.

 

 

Jaejoong woke up by his phone alarm. He rub his face. When he was about to leave, Yunho and Yoon Joo arrived. Both of them looking at Jaejoong.

 

"Y-you're not answering your phone. Don't worry. I thought there was something wrong. What i mean is....". Jaejoong don't know what the hell he's talking now.

Yunho look at Yoon Joo, "You go in first"

"Don't be like this, let's go in together." Yoon Joo look at Jaejoong

"There's no need". Jaejoong reject.

"I have something to say" said Yoon Joo.

 

 

Jaejoong and Yunho sit awkwardly in the living room while Yoon Joo bring out cups of coffee for them.

Yoon Joo smiles, "I apologize for misunderstanding you"

"No, this type of situation can easily be misunderstood". Jaejoong said slowly.

"But, thanks to you, Jaejoong. We're back together again. Thank you"

Jaejoong look at Yunho, "Ahh...really. That's great. That's great", Yunho still silent and not even look at Jaejoong. "Honestly, i was worried, that because of me, both of you would be apart. Become distant. it's not Jung Yunho-shi fault at all. I asked him to lie about us being married. Therefore.....of what to do...im sorry i have to leav. I have to go to work". Jaejoong stand and smiles, "I hate Mondays! Goodbye". Jaejoong bow and quickly leave. He cannot bear to face Yoon Joo and Yunho anymore. His heart feel so hurt.

 

Yoon Joo feel uneasy, "I feel sorry for him"

Yunho immediately stand and went out, "Wait!" Yunho stop Jaejoong.

Jaejoong try to hold himself and faced Yunho, "Actually, im late already"

"That...."

"I knew already and don't worry. There's no need to worry about our lies. Is this what you wanted to say? Yunho-shi really has a great sense of obligation.That's really fortunate, im going now" Y

unho just watched Jaejoong leave and drive away. He can't even say anything. He seems lost his words.

 

 

While driving, Jaejoong's eyes fill with tears. "It's alright. Kim Jaejoong It's okay!! It doesn't matter!!". His tears immediately fall. "It's alright!!!!!". Jaejoong crying so hard.He couldn't hold it back anymore even though how much he tell himself everything will be alright

 

 


 

 

At Choi's house, currently in a mess. Heechul is throwing things to Siwon non-stop. Siwon now lost his patient. "Yah! Don't be so agitated! Listen to me!"

"What did you say?!! How did Jaejoong found out?!!!"

"Heechul-ahh"

"Didn't i tell you?! I absolutely don't want Jaejoong to find out!!! But why can't you do this?!!!". Heechul throw pillow to Siwon.

"I also don't want him to find out either"

"How could you not cheat the right way?! Are you a man?!!"

"Then just do well okay?!!!" shout Siwon.

Heechul really lost his mind, He hit Siwon with big pillow. "It's because of you!!1 It's because of you!!! How dare someone like you humiliate me!!"

"YES!!! IT'S YOU!!! IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! Even my soul is yours right?!!!!" finally Siwon shouted.

"You did on purpose, right?"

"Yes, i did on purpose! So that you'll be bullied infront of Jaejoong this time!! I deliberately went to a place where Jaejoong can see". Siwon stop talking and ran away when he saw Heechul took a lamp and ready to to throw at him.

"Stop right there!!!". Heechul throw the lamp at the door. Siwon success escaped from the house.

 

 

Jaejoong now at Heechul's house. He's ready to confess to him everything. When Jaejoong enter the house, he see mess around the house.

Heechul sighed. "Just in time. Yes, right. Look carefully. This is how we live"

"Heechul-ah. I didn't get married". Jaejoong finally said it. Heechul turn to look at Jaejoong. "Jung Yunho and i, we never got married"

"W-what are you saying?" Heechul totally shocked.

"We were pretending. From the beginning till now"

Heechul's mouth opened so wide, "Jaejoong-ahh..."

Jaejoong just turn away and leave the house. Once he leave, Jaejoong start to cry again. He's heart it's like being stabbed so deep

 

 

 

That night, Yunho couldn't sleep. He end up drink alcohol. His head full with Jaejoong image and Yoon Joo's words.

"Do you know how i have made it through the past three years? It was so difficult that, i could even die. No, there was a time when i felt like just dying. But...thinking of you, i couldn't. Over such a long period of time, Yoochun will be alright then. So....i will be able to start over again with you"

 

 

At the same time in Kim's house, Jaejoong looking at his face on the mirror, then he cut his long hair by himself and his eyes swollen due to crying too much.

 

Flashback,

 

"Heechul-ah, im not married. Jung Yunho and i were never married. It was a joke, from beginning to end"

 

End flashback

 

After done cutting, he tried to smiles, "It looks alright"

 


 

 

Next day,

Mr.Kim just woke up and saw notes on the kitchen table,

"Appa, you must eat. Because i have been so busy recently, i was unable to take care of you. You know i love you, right? :)"

Mr.Kim look at the food that Jaejoong cook for him, "What happened? Did something happen to him?". Mr.Kim sighed.

 

 

 

Jaejoong currently busy with his work. Now Jaejoong want to work, to distract himself from thinking of other things. Then his phone ringing, calls from Heechul.

 

"You're really not married?" asked Heechul.

"Yeah"

"It was all lie?"

"Yes....it was just a joke"

"How is that possible? You hosted such a lovely dinner at your housewarming party!"

"Im sorry."

"How is it possible? Then...how was Jung Yunho-shi involved? Don't tell me it was just someone who looked like him? No, he was really Jung Yunho". Heechul still not satisfied how can Jaejoong made that such a big joke.

"It was really him"

"The almighty Jung Yunho actually coorperated with you to play this joke on us? It doesn't make sense"

"Yeah, i know right". Jaejoong just talk with no-emotion.

"How is it possible? Why did Jung Yunho do it?" "I also don't know".

Jaejoong sighed. "Why am i always like this? Every time i see you with Siwon, i always feel unhappy. This time, the same thing happened. Why is it not me but another man or woman? This is not the first, but the second time. It's too much. I am always like this, just like a fool"

Heechul sincerely sad looking at Jaejoong, "Jaejoong-ah, cheer up!! Hwaiting!"

"I have to go inside. You just go home". Jaejoong walk slowly to his office.

 

Heechul sighed. "But, he actually played a joke on me?"

 

 

 

Yunho sighed while calling Jaejoong. Jaejoong busy looking at his working papesr feel annoyed to see Yunho keep calling him. He immediately turn off his phone.

Jaejoong's manager stand, "Let's go home!. Hmmm how about we go for dinner before we get off work? would you like that?"

Hyun Su walk to Jaejoong's table, "You're not going?"

"Ah..i still have to prepare for the resort project. You can leave first"

"Do it well without mistakes" said Manager

"I understand, bye!"

 

 

Before Jaejoong went home, he stop by at Junsu's restaurant but then he saw Yoon Joo, Yoochun and Junsu were talking happily. Junsu invite him to join them but then Jaejoong just slowly walk out from the restaurant. Yoochun saw Jaejoong's sad expression.

 


 

Next day,

At World Hotel, Yunho not in the good mood. "How is it possible not to know when things have come to this stage?"

"He hid the secret very well, that's why no one knows. But it's not too late. We'll prepare the necessary measures now" said Changmin. Yunho sighed heavily.

 

Yunho called all the responsible workers who handle the Gold Resort (sub of World's Hotel)

"Since when did Gold Resort become a place for you to eat, drink and be merry?! So many methods were not used. There's actually a slight deficit at this point. Does this make any sense?!!!!". Yunho throw the files.

"Get me the Civilian Official Department's International project,immediately" One of the manager spoke up but then Yunho cut him.

"I don't want to hear that!! I only want to know who is responsible for this project!! From now on, i will solely be in charge of the Gold Resort! All of you, get out!!"

 

 

Yunho busy and stress looking at the papers. Then Yoon Joo called. "Oh...Yoon Joo-ya."

"Can we have lunch together?"

"Sorry, i don't think i can make it today. Okay". Yunho sighed heavily and put his both hands on his face. Changmin just stared at him. "What do you want to say?"

"Is it okay if i say it? In a span of 3 years, one person's heart could stay the same, but another person's heart could change. Follow you heart. Don't think too much about it. I originally thought you and Yoon Joo were good match. But now, im not sure about....your feelings"

"I have no intention of hurting Yoon Joo...twice. That's all"

"Then, are you starting over with Yoon Joo-shi? If that case...you being overly caring might do more harm instead. There are times when you have to be cruel. Perhaps it may seem unforgivable, but sometimes, being cruel is actually more humane". Changmin bow and leave.

 

 

 

Heechul now arrived at World Hotel. He asking the receptionist what's level the CEO's office but then they can't tell him.

 

At the same time, Yunho looking at the caller ID, It's Yoon Joo. Suddenly someone open the door.

"Tada!! " It's Yoon Joo came to surprise Yunho. "What kind of expression is that? It's as if you have seen a ghost"

"You've came?"

"I gave you a call at the lobby, i told you before, i will come over today. Let's go, im hungry!"

"What?" Yunho is blur.

"Im going off after you treat me to lunch. Im very busy too. You're not going to starve because you're too busy, are you?". Yoon Joo smiles.

Yunho smiles but the same time he sighed.

 

Heechul currently in the lift, going to Jung's office. Finally he get the answer lol

"Just because you want to win over me, you pretended you were married? It's hard to believe. Otherwise, it could be marrying in secret, and then getting divorced! No, no, no. They originally planned to get married but broke up because of that woman from last time. What is the truth exactly?"

 

Heechul arrived the upper level, as soon he get out, he saw Yunho and Yoon Joo walking together while Yoon Joo hold Yunho's hand even though Yunho tried to pushed her.

Heechul look angry. Yoon Joo remember that she met Heechul before, so she greet him. "Hello, it seems like we've met before"

Heechul just send a glare to them. Yunho feel uneasy, "Can you give us a moment?" Yunho said to Yoon Joo.

Yoon Joo smiles,"You guys have a nice chat". Then she leave

"Have you been well? The last housewarming party was a bit chaotic. I initially thought it would be a good opportunity to catch up." said Yunho

"What the hell are you trying to do now?! Jung Yunho-shi, i have seens that woman before. What relationship do you have with her? Are they mutual feelings? Did you forget about Jaejoong? How dare you...". Heechul want to explode.

"What are you talking about?"

"Even though you have a woman that you like, how could you still lie like that?! Even though you were just pretending to be husband and wife...why must you toy with Jaejoong's feelings?!!!"

"Wait a minute"

"Could it be that you have already discussed it with her? Are you making a fool out of Jaejoong?!"

"Wait!! How did you know? That Kim Jaejoong and i didn't get married?"

"Jaejoong told me. He said it was for the sake of lying to me". Heechul still gave his anger face to Yunho.

"Is that true?"

"That is exactly what i want to know"

"What?"

"What exactly is the truth?! You got married, had a housewaming, you even kissed infront of everybody. Then you say that the marriage is fake?!".

Yunho immediately run and leave Heechul. "Hey Jung Yunho-shi!! Yah!!!"

 

 

Yunho went down and saw Yoon Joo waiting for him. "Yoon Joo-ya"

"Yes?" she smiles

"Im sorry but i have to go"

 

 

In the car, Yunho try to call Jaejoong but Jaejoong turn it off. He try to call again, and Jaejoong finally decide to answered it.

"Yes?"

"Let's meet"

"What?"

"I'll come to you"

Jaejoong just sighed.

 

 

 

 

"Heechul went to see you at the hotel?" asked Jaejoong.

"Why did you reveal it? I clearly promised you. Could it be that you don't trust me?"

"That's not it. I just didn't want to give your fiancee any trouble. I was also going to reveal it before Heechul goes abroad to study anyway. When i told him i didn't marry you, he almost fainted from anger. You should have seen the look on his face. At that time, i was so happy! H-he was already on the verge of fainting from anger. Sure anough, the lie we told was worth it. Chairman Jeon has already said he will invest, and i pulled a good joke on Heechul. Our act was a success". Jaejoong just gave fake smiles.

Yunho look at Jaejoong curiously, "Are you being honest? Is it the truth?"

"Yes. Thank you for all this time. It's all thanks to you"

Yunho chuckled. "Was it really just an act?"

"Ofcourse, you thought otherwise?" Jaejoong's words make Yunho's expression changed. "I have to go back, i left in the middle of work. I've been working overtime recently". Jaejoong start to walk.

"Kim Jaejoong". Yunho called him

Jaejoong turn and look at Yunho, "I already know. It's really the end for us. For all this time, i am thankful.Goodbye". Jaejoong try to walk away again but then Yunho grab his hand

"Just let your anger out, instead of having that strange expression on your face"

Jaejoong look at Yunho, he's really acting as good as he can. He doesn't to show his weakness anymore to Yunho. "Im not angry. What's the reason to be angry about when both of us were just acting?". Jaejoong pushed Yunho's grip and look at Yunho with his cold face, "I hope we won't meet again in the future".

Finally Jaejoong leave. While Yunho, he feel anger in his heart

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(N: Finallyupdate! I was crying when im writing this chap T___T Huwaaaaaa! Next chap will be more cry+good news~ kekeke. Btw, i can't update for 2-3 days since im going to busy for awhile but i'll still try to update tmrw ^^ Thank you for the upvote, subscribe and reading this fic~ Have a good day! ^__^)