The real reason

Love you? Sorry I can't

After her break up with L.Joe, Eunmi didn’t smile anymore even in front of her father. Sometimes when he will ask her a question, she will nod or shake her head.

Regarding L.Joe, every night, he was at his balcony looking at her close windows.

As planned, the teenage girl has to go to the hospital for her body check-up. Unfortunately, she has to go alone since her father had an urgent meeting.

“So how I am doctor?” she asked a little stressed out for her result.

The doctor put the paper on his desk and gave her a warm smile “Your result of course is not as good as the last time. But It’s still ok. Your sense are perfectly fine as well as your eyes.”

Eunmi hurriedly replied “I follow my diet cautiously. I always avoid foods with all phytanic acid and I didn’t eat fats from ruminant animals and certain fish”

He gazed at her “I know but your mental is reflecting on your physics. Do you have some personal problems?”

She lowered her head sadly. “I understand” he softly responded.

“This is your new list of food which can help your health. You are still young, enjoy life”

Eunmi took the papers “Thank you doctor”

“See you next month” he said as he sent her off.

 

She bowed and left the hospital.  When she got out of there, Eunmi her cellphone to texte her father about the medical examination. All of sudden, someone called her. Her eyes widened as she realized whose voice it was. She lifted her head and saw L.Joe standing in front of her.

“What are you doing here?” he asked worriedly.

She stepped aside and continued her way. But still, he didn’t give up. He was going to get the real truth. He caught her arms and spun her around.

“What are you doing at the hospital? Are you sick?”

She glared at him “Please let me go” she said as she tried to take back her arm. However, L.Joe only tightened his grip. Anxiety ran down his body.

“You played with my feelings, can I have at least an explanation?” Pain was written all over his face. The dark circles under his eyes told her that he didn’t sleep much after their split.

“I didn’t play around” she murmured.

“Then what!” he shouted aggressively.

Tears welled up her eyes. “It was really great between use but we can't be together sorry”. The sound of her voice was shaky. Of course, she tried her best to fight against her tears but it keeps flowing. Eunmi doesn’t want to show him how weak she was.

L.Joe melted at the sight of her face. He didn’t know when, but he has definitely fallen in love with her.

Without knowing it, his hands reached her cheeks to gently them.

Eunmi closed her eyes as she felt his sincere and warm feeling. However, when she realized that she keeps getting deeper in this situation. She stepped backward distress.

L.Joe gave her a confused expression.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t bring you in this. You have to understand, it’s impossible for us!”

“WHY?!” he shrieked.

Her hand formed into a fist. Her heart was throbbing by the pain. Her face was wet by her cries.

But L.Joe was determined to know the truth. His large hand held hers, a sweet heat spine down her body. He gazed straight in her eyes “Just believe me”. This soft yet warm voice filled her cold mind.

She let out a loud sigh “You convinced me.”

L.Joe took out from his pocket a clean handkerchief. He gently wiped her tears from her face “A pretty face like this should not be ruin by sad tears”

She put her hands on his “I have Refsum disease. It’s an inherited metabolic disease. For the time being, there isno treatment. I can only keep my health by eating carefully.”

He was stunned by her declaration; his heart shrank deeply into his chest “No, it’s not possible. You are perfectly fine.”

A sad smile appeared on her face as she slightly shook her head “No, I’m not, this disease is a progressive course. I’m already blind at night; I’ve difficulty hearing, and eye problems. In few years; I will lose my sense of smell, to finally die by a heart attack before 30 years old.”

L.Joe brusquely pulled her into a hug “Listen to me carefully Bae Eunmi! You are stuck to me forever. Don’t use your disease to dump me”

“I don’t want to become your burden” she commented with hurtful sobs.

He tightened his grip “You are not a burden. I love you.”

Eunmi buried her head in his broad shoulders “Me too, I love you Lee Byunghyun.”