Sunday

Love you? Sorry I can't

On Sunday as planning, three birthdays were held at the orphanage. When Eunmi arrived, much to her surprise, L.Joe was already there fixing the banners. She put the cakes she prepared in the fridge before returning in the hall.

The parties started, the children were playing around in the hall well installed. L.Joe was in his corner bored until his eyes landed on Eunmi who was distracting her little friends with magic tricks. A bright smile appeared on her face, for the first time, he saw her lovely, bubbly personality which was quite different from her usual self at school. L.Joe was like memorized by her face.

“Unnie, unnie! I want to see your magic card one more time!” a kid tugged on her dress.

Eunmi beamed “Ok!” While shuffling cards, out of nowhere, she sneezed making all the cards falling from her hands. Without knowing it, L.Joe let out a chuckled. In his eyes, her clumsiness was kind of cute. He stood up and headed toward her. He bent down to pick the cards up before handing them to her. Without looking at the person, Eunmi took it “Than—k …you” she stuttered confused as she lifted her head. L.Joe sweetly smiled at her.

“Unnie, unnie! Who is this hot boy?” a little girl asked, her eyes was sparkling in admiration at L.Joe.

Eunmi looked at her and then at him “You don’t need to know, he won’t be here a long time. So let’s continue our game”

L.Joe who was completely ignored by Eunmi, was hurt. He sighed and went back to his place.

 

Time flies by so fast, it was already 5:00PM. Everybody went home, including Eunmi and L.Joe. Since they lived near to each other, the two teenagers went home together. On the way, silence was surrounding their space. It was pretty uncomfortable, of course L.Joe was trying to initiate a conversation but she keeps ignoring him, until, he couldn’t kept it anymore, her actions made him going crazy.

“YA! Are you going to ignore me for a long time?!” he yelled frustrated.

Eunmi stopped on her feet and spun around “Watch out, we are in a public place, your friends can see you with me”

“I’m sorry. I was totally wrong” he stepped forward and grabbed her arms “I’m very sincere, I’m sorry”

“You are like everyone, you judged a book only by its cover. Your doing are hurting people you know that” she said with despise in her eyes. Under those words she continued her way.

All of sudden, L.Joe shouted “I KNOW! It hurts as much as I’m hurt right now because you are ignoring me”

Eunmi froze on the spot, she couldn’t believe what he just had said. He ran to her, grabbed her wrist and leaded her away “I will prove to you that I’m sincere”