The end

Love you? Sorry I can't

The time has come. Eunmi and L.Joe went out for a month now.

On the morning, when she headed to the kitchen, Mr Bae who heard her arriving, folded the newspapers in his hands and put it on the table “So it’s today?” he asked.

Eunmi bitterly smiled “Neh, we will stop it today”

Her father sighed “My poor daughter, I’m not blind, I can see how much you don’t want to. That’s why I didn’t want you to go with him”

“Appa!” she whined “I’m very happy that you gave me this chance. At least I tried it”

“But this is going to break your little fragile heart!” he snarled.

Eunmi looked down. She knew that her father was right. She fell in love with L.Joe and she also knew that he sort of loves her too even though, he didn’t say it yet. But she has not the right to waste his life because of her.

Suddenly, she was snapped out of thought when her father reminds her an important meeting “Princess, don’t forget, you have a checkup at the hospital in three day”

She smiles and nodded.

 

After dressing herself prettily, she went to L.Joe’s house. His parents opened the door and let her in.

Since it was Sunday, He was still sleeping.  

“L.Joe?” she called as she popped her head in his room. He was sleeping peacefully in his bed.

She smiles and sat next to him *I guess it’s the only moment where he can be quiet and charming*

Out of nowhere, his hand grabbed hers. With a fast movement, he yanked her down.

Still on eyes closing, he hugged her. She has no choice but to lay down correctly in his arms.

“You smell good” he whispered in her hair.

Eunmi wanted to spend this last day lovey-dovey with him.  She wrapped her arm around his waist and squeezed him tightly.

“Waa, my girlfriend is this morning” he giggled.

He does the same except that his hands slipped in her shirt “L.Joe!” she yelped outraged.

“Fine” he sighed.

Eunmi sat up “Don’t be so lazy, get up and let’s go out.”

L.Joe mumbled something before burying his head under the cover.

She growled and crossed her arms “Pali, if you hurry up. I will give you a long kiss”

He immediately shot up “Get out. I have to dress up.”

Eunmi laughed at his childish action.

 

The great times are always the shortest. The end of the date came; the couple was in front of her house.

Their lips were locked with each other. What he didn’t know is that it will be his last kiss with her.

As he pulled back, he cupped her cheek in his palm with his piercing gazed. She could feel the warm affection and love in his touch. However a tear fell down in his hand.

He looked at her confused “Eunmi? Why are you crying?”

She sniffled “L.Joe, let’s break up~”

He completely froze by her proposition. Those were stabbing him straight in his heart. As well as Eunmi, however she tried hard to fight with her tears.

“Why?” he whispered shocked.

“We said it from the beginning; it will be just one month try” she reminded him.

He suddenly remembers their conversation one month ago.

 

-You never go out with a boy, at least experiment it ~

-Arasso, you convince me. But just one mont.

-Really?! Let’s start now then!

 

“It was really a great time with you. I don’t regret it” she said with a smile before turning around.

“NO! You can’t!” he yelled while spinning her around.

Tears were flowing from her eyes.

“You obviously don’t want, then why we have to keep what we said?” he asked heartbroken.

Eunmi meekly smiles “We don’t have future. I can’t love you.”

Those words keep echoing in his head. His hands slowly slide down her arms. She took the opportunity to run in her house. Eunmi slammed the door, she sat behind the door and burst out crying.

Mr.Bae heard her sobbing. He sat next to her while patting her head.

“Your sacrifice will worth for it” he whispered as he gave her a kiss on her forehead.