Love ~ 10 ~

I Love You ( HIATUS )

Baekhyun.

After about 10 minutes later, they've arrived home with her, wet from head to toe. Her eyes looked a bit puffy and she is shivering. Mrs. Jung help her change. I thanked Mrs Jung and Mr. Nam. Then, Mr. Nam sent Mrs. Jung back to abeonim's mansion.

Mrs. Jung said that she caught a slight fever and cold and she already gave her some medicines. I open her door slowly and see her sitting on the bed, hugging her knees and staring at the bed sheet. I walk towards her and sit beside her. She didn't even look at me. It was silent for a moment until she said something. "I've broke up with him." She said, more like whispering. I'm a bit shocked. It's just yesterday she happily talked about him. She turn to her left and I quickly follow her gaze. I wanted to ask why but people said it's better to not ask about anything when a people just broke up.

She sniffles, signalling that she's crying. "I've broken our promise. I've hurt him. I thought after breaking up, I would care less about him. But I'm totally wrong." She said while sobbing. She buried her head between her knees and cries silently. It actually hit me. My heart ached seeing the usually cold Rachelle become this vulnerable, easy to break. I gulped and slowly pulled her into my arms, embracing her. I let her cry on my chest. "Let it all out." I said as I carress her hair. She cried harder. After a few more moments, all I could hear was silence. "Rachelle ?" No response. I slowly lies her on the bed. I remove some hair on her face and wipe some tears. Then, I pulled the blanket to cover her when she hold my hand. "Mianhae, oppa. I'm so sorry." She mumbled in her sleep then let go of my hand. I sighed. I couldn't leave her in this condition. I put my hand on her forehead and she's still burning. I wet a towel and put it on her forehead to lower the temperature. Then, I decided to take some pillows and a blanket and sleep on the floor next to her bed.

The next day ...

Rachelle.

I open my eyes and squirmed. I sit up and zoned out, remembering what happened yesterday. I sighed. Then, I heard the door being opened so slowly, as if to not create any sound. He came in slowly, and close the door, still didn't realize me. When he turn to face me, he gasped. "Ahh. I'm shocked. Good morning." He said with a bright smile. I just look at him without any expressions. He walks towards me and sits on the edge of the bed.

"You looked like a corpse." He said and laughs. He stops when he realised that I'm not laughing. "Let's eat. I've made you a chicken soup." He let out his hand for me to hold onto but all I did was zoned out again. "Let's go." He said.

Baekhyun.

She is zoning out. She stares at my hand like it was something really much to be looked at. I decided to cheer her up by doing something that I always did to my sisters whenever they're down. I take my hand and turn around, pouting, showing that I'm sulking. "Why do you have to be so stubborn ? You should take it when your oppa offers it. Hmm, I'm sulking." I said. If only she's my sister, she will probably hugs me from behind and shower my face with kisses, but unfortunately, she's not. I heard some coughing and turn around to give her a glass of water. She gulps it down slowly. I palmed her forehead, assuring that she's not as hot as last night. I kneeled on the floor. "Get on my back." But to nothing, yeah, nothing happens. I sighed and turn to face her. "Well, don't hate me after this." I mumbled and quickly wrapped her in the blanket and carry her bridal-style. I could hear she gasping. "Yah ! What are you doing ?" She yelled. "Aha ! Finally, you're speaking." I said. "Let me down." She protests but stops anyway when we reach the stairs. I'm sure she doesn't want to fall out of my grasp because wriggling herself too much.

         After settling her on the chair at the dining table, I open the pot of chicken soup and serve it to her. I blow on it to cool it down. "Ahh ~" I said, wanting to feed her. When all she does is staring at nothing. I stand up and move beside her. After failing again, I fed up. "Yah !" I yelled. She looked a bit startled. "You need to eat because you didn't eat anything last night. How will you get better if you didn't eat anything ? Please, Rachelle. I'm begging you. Don't you know how hard I try to feed you ?" I scolded her. She just look at the bowl.

Suddenly, a tear slides down her cheek. "Y..yah. Why are you crying ?" I asked. "Do you think it's easy for me ? I just broke up and have a hard time, too. Can't you understand me ?" She said while crying. I felt guilty so I hugged her. "I'm sorry. My bad. I'm sorry." I chanted. Then, I cup her face and search for her eyes, which are avoiding to look at me.

"Look at me." I pleaded. She looks at me with those teary eyes. I wipe the tears. "But, you must help me with something." She said. "What is it ?" I said. "Help me to forget him." I sighed but say yes anyway. The sound ofher stomach grumbling makes me laugh. "Stop laughing !" She shouted. "Could you please don't shout." I said while calming myself down.

After eating, I wash my hands while the maid cleans the dishes up. I thought she's already gone but when I walk into the dining room, there she is, fiddling with the table's cloth. "Come on." I said. "I want a pig ride." She said. I scoffed. "Can't you walk ?" "Hey, I'm sick. I don't have that much energy." She defends herself. I scoffed again but kneeled before her as she climbed on top of my back.