Best Man Win

Could It Be You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jinjja?!" Joong Ki couldn't believe it when their manager informed him that he was shortlisted as a lead actor in a new romantic musical movie. To add to his surprised, his co-star will be none other than Ji Hyo - the one person that gave him a hard time since the first day they met!

 

"Wae? I'm a musician not an actor! Aish!!" Joong Ki was not happy with the management decision. He'd rather spend his time in the recording studio or alone in his room writing music for his band. But because of the contract between HeRoze and the entertainment agency, there's nothing much that he could do except honoring the request from the management. 

 

'This must be her doing.. Aish!! That cold-hearted lady,'  Joong Ki started to blame Ji Hyo for everything. Not only he has no interest in acting, Joong Ki also couldn't think of a better way to tell his other band members who are so fond of Ji Hyo and may not take the news positively. Especially when he's the one who always have something against the popular actress. But Joong Ki decided to keep it as a secret for the time being so he can 'return' the favour to Ji Hyo when the time is right.

 

But it was too late for Joong Ki as both Gary and Kwang Soo already found out about it from an online magazine. "Joong Ki aah.. what's the meaning of this? Why would she picked you instead?" Gary demanded for an explanation. Kwang Soo added, "Ji Hyo noona will never say such things unless there's something going on between the two of you!". Joong Ki stared at the face of his band members who kept interrogating him with questions that he couldn't answer. "Yaa! I'm not a criminal okay?!" he raised his voice so he didn't have to answer them immediately.

 

"I never wanted any of this and certainly I'm not the one who talked her into it!" Joong Ki defended himself. He could tell how frustrating it was for both of his band members to receive the news, but he just couldn't turn down the request. "Gary hyung.. Kwang Soo aah.. I know this is not easy for all of us. But can't we just be professional about it? I really can't say no to this as we've signed the contract with the agency," he lowered his voice to cool down his band members. After a short silence, Kwang Soo finally spoken, "Sorry we went overboard. I understand that you have to do this.. so please take good care of my noona."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter