[chapter 24]

7 Gangsters, 1 Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Since it was the Presidential Ball, Infinite had to wear formal suits once again.

And since Infinite works under the government's security unit, they have to do their original duty to guard the president while hunting for some more clues to lead to you.

The Presidential Ball was held in the Blue House's own Ballroom Hall. This event was arranged by the President himself to thank his political party, now that his term was about to end. Tons of important persons from different branches of the government were present, and the hall was practically full.

Each member had his own post to wait on around the room. They had no choice but to also use these positions for the Raven task.

Hoya was adjusting the earpiece on his ear when the security unit's head came up to him. "Lee Howon."

Hoya stood straight. "Yes sir."

"I know you guys are also trying to look for _____. But remember your primary duty here."

Hoya nodded in understanding.

"Keep an eye on the president at all times." The security unit's head left.

Sunggyu talked through his earpiece and was asked to fetch the president. He contacted the other members in another ear communicator. "Keep on a lookout. Try as much as possible to watch every person's move." With that, he went for the president.

There were so many people in the hall. Some of them were exchanging fake greetings, and some politicians were trying to make themselves known. Some were eating, while some try their best to keep their names clean.

The six boys were walking around near their assigned positions to spot anything suspicious.

The chatters, the gossiping, and the whispering slowly ceased down when it was announced that the President would finally come out with his daughter.

The people then stopped as the main door was opened. Sunggyu was the first to come out to make way, then after him were the President and his daughter. Everyone greeted them nicely and shook hands with the President and the first daughter.

The President went to the stage and took on the podium. He then started his speech.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo stood behind the President ready for any attacker.

Sungjong, Sungyeol, L, Woohyun and Hoya were in their respective positions.

“Hyung.” Sungjong walked to Hoya.

“What?”
Sungjong sighed. “I can’t concentrate on guarding the President when I know _____ noona’s in trouble.”

Hoya’s face hardened. “Don’t make matters even worse.”

“…and I really like to thank you all for responding to my invitation. It’s a great thing, now that I’ll end my term soon.” The President went on. “And as you can see…”

Woohyun yawned.

“Hey.” Sungyeol approached him. “No yawning.”

“Sorry. You know I haven’t got any good sleep.”

“Well, me neither.”

“Hyungs, focus.” L suddenly popped in.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo were looking around. The crowd was intently listening to the President’s speech, but none seemed to be that interested. The whole place was a stand-still as the President spoke, but at the far back, Sunggyu noticed someone moving quite inappropriately.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Dongwoo whispered.

Sunggyu’s face scrunched. “Look at that.”

The two of them watched as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter