[chapter 17]

7 Gangsters, 1 Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was a Sunday. There was not much to do that day, and because there are no classes, you decided to visit your dad’s grave again.

You changed to appropriate attire.

*Knock knock.* “_____?” It was Hoya. “Aren’t you gonna eat?”

You were brushing your hair. “I’m going to! Just wait for me~”

“Okay.” You heard his footsteps getting further away from the door. You tied your hair at the back in front of the mirror and put the comb down. Your eyes fell upon the jewelry box your dad gave you on the table where you put it. You went up to it and reached it. When you opened it, music began to fill the air from the box.

You took out the heart-shaped necklace and held it on your palm. “Do you know how much I miss you? I bet you know…” You replaced the necklace back and closed the jewelry box.

Once again, you read the words inscribed on the box. ‘The key to everything is in the heart.’ You smiled. “I always hear your voice whenever I read this.” You ran your hand on it. “Don’t worry dad. I know what you mean by it. I’ll always follow my heart. Love you dad.” You went out of your room.

“I thought you wouldn’t come down.” Hoya said when you appeared inside the kitchen.

Sunggyu and Woohyun were doing the laundry. Dongwoo and Sungjong were playing video games while L and Sungyeol watched them. You looked at them. “Sometimes, I’m really not sure if you guys work for the government.”

Hoya took your hand and pulled you to the table. “Save that thought for a while. Eat first.”

You pinched his cheek. “You worry about me too much like a husband.”

“I am your future husband.” He answered confidently.

“We’ll see about that.” You started eating your breakfast while Hoya stared at you. “Why? Is there something on my face?”

He put his chin on his fist. “Yes. You’re beauty.”

“You’re so corny.” You continued eating.

Hoya noticed that you were dressed prettily. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to my dad’s grave.”

Hoya perked up. “I’m coming.”

You nodded.

When you finished, you went to Sunggyu. “Mister Leader?”

Sunggyu wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and looked at you. “Yeah?”

“I’ll be going out. I’ll visit my dad.”

Sunggyu nodded. “Hoya’s coming with you?”

“Yeah.” Hoya replied for you.

“Okay.” Sunggyu gave his approval and the two of you went out.

 


 

 

You knelt down and laid the flowers on the niche. “Hey, dad.” You stood up and stared at the stone marble. “Uh, dad, I brought someone.”

“Uh… good day Mr. Kim.” Hoya spoke. “My name’s Lee Howon. I’m your daughter’s boyfriend.”

You looked at him and smiled. “Dad, I miss you so much.” Hoya held your hand. “You know Dad, this week I’ve been feeling a little bit bubbly. But that doesn’t mean I forgot what happened.” You sighed. “I still need answers, dad. Please. Help me.”

Hoya tightened his grip. “Mr. Kim, I’ll try my best to protect your daughter. I’ll also help her find the key. I assure you that.”

You softened and pulled a smile on your lips. “Oh, dad… Visit me in my dreams and give me a si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter