[chapter 23]

7 Gangsters, 1 Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Choi Casino was usually open every Wednesday night, so Infinite had to wait the next night for that.

As soon as they got in their house last night, they immediately plopped down on the living room floor as they haven't had a wink of sleep for two days now. The next morning, they looked like the people from the movie 'The Hangover'.

Dongwoo sat up and groaned. "Ugh. I think I have indigestion..." He was murmuring, but it was enough for the members to bolt up, awake and wide-eyed.

Sungjong pushed his hyung. "Gross! Get out of here!" The others agreed and pushed him aside.

Hoya sat up on his own, but then he wasn't feeling very well either. He can't sleep properly because you were on his mind the whole time. "_____..."

Sunggyu patted his back. "We'll find her. Don't worry."

L's phone suddenly began to ring. He immediately answered it. "Hello...? Boss...?...... Uh, yeah... Sunggyu hyung?" He covered his phone and looked at Sunggyu. "Hyung, why aren't you answering your phone."

"Oh. It ran out of battery."

L returned to the phone. "He ran out of battery... No, we haven't... We know... Huh? Uh..." L handed the phone to Sunggyu. Sunggyu took it and talked to their boss. He just kept on nodding and nodding until he finally ended the call.

"What was it about, hyung?" Sungyeol asked.

"Boss wants us to come tomorrow night to the President's Ceremonial Ball." He sighed. "We can't say no. Besides, we work under the president."

Hoya started to protest. "But what about-"  

"I know. We'll figure something out." He looked at his watch. "Let's prepare for tonight."

The boys gathered themselves and started for their next destination.

 

 

 

Infinite looked dashing wearing those fine suits that totally fitted the casino mood.

"You ready, guys?" Sunggyu asked, and the others nodded.

They entered the casino, and it was jam-packed full of gamblers and hostess. It was more like the club the other night, but this was more formal. Men in elegant tuxedos, and women in shining, sparkling dresses were all around the pool tables, wasting money, throwing out their cash like it’s garbage.

“Remember.” Sunggyu voiced out to them. “No gambling. No distractions. Keep your eyes open. Darn you if you do like the last time.” He made sure Dongwoo heard it.

Hoya and Sungyeol went to the pool tables, trying to blend in and smiling at the gamblers who think they’ve won everything.

Sunggyu and L went for the roulette, where the men kept on taunting the poor roulette if they won’t win.

Woohyun and Sungjong went to the cards area. The gamblers there kept on shouting ‘Blackjack!’ and irritated Sungjong the most.

Dongwoo went by himself to the video poker room, trying cautiously not to get distracted anymore. He watched each and every one of the players if there was anything suspicious.

“What’s with gambling anyway? It’s as if their playing for their life.” Sungjong spat in disgust.

Woohyung shrugged. “Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.” He peeked over the tables to look for anything suspicious too, and Sungjong followed. They check all the players whether there’s something odd to it.

Hoya heaved a heavy sigh. “I don’t know what we’re doing here.”

“Obviously looking for your girl.” Sungyeol said in a matter-of-fact tone. “If _____ were here, she’d almost be as gloomy as you, seeing you like that. You just have to think positively and think we’ll find her. I bet she wants that.”

“You’re right.” Hoya looked around and examined the finely built walls of the place. The extravagant carvings on the walls and the overly-defined features of the casino wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter