Epilogue

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue: 3 years later…

 

Suzy fixed her hair as she watched her reflection in the mirror. She applied a deep red lipstick to compliment her long, white toga that she wore for the upcoming event. Now, she was a professional singer, not in the idol sense, but she focused on background vocals for films and events. She still had a long way to go but atleast she left science for good.

 

Myungsoo was given a room in her house to live with her parents. They were now engaged and her parents were surprisingly fond of him. He had nowhere else to go so he agreed to live with them and he promised Mr Kang that he would never take their daughter far away from them. He already witnessed how bitter Krystal’s parents were with Jongin because he took her far away to another district in Seoul.

 

Suzy stared at the many photos on her wall of sunsets, dawns, fields of lavenders, rows of sunflowers, buildings of ancient times. They were all part of Myungsoo’s photography. He gave up his job as Sungyeol’s bodyguard upon his friend’s adamant request and chose to become an artist instead, and eventually, a photographer. He framed many of his finest works in Mr Kang’s restaurant, which now thrived as one of the most famous restaurants in all of Seoul.

 

Myungsoo and Suzy divdied their wages to pay back all the money that Sungyeol spent on Kimchi. The chatterbox initially denied their payment but eventually, he yielded to their wishes.

 

“Suzy dear?” her mother called. “Are you ready? Myungsoo left without you because he said you were taking long!”

 

Suzy frowned. Anger gripped her and she suddenly longed to whack her beloved across the head. “That idiot! Eomma, I’m leaving now. Just need to say goodbye to Luhan.”

 

And with those words, she stepped out into the corridors to kiss her parents goodbye.

 

“You look lovely, my princess,” Mr Kang said as he gave her a tight embrace before she left.

 

The trio always made sure to shower each other with words of love and unbroken promises. After all life was short and Suzy was grateful for the amazing life given to her by her foster parents. She made sure to never let them down or be the cause of their sorrows. Instead, she opted to become their light in moments of darkness.

 

She found out about Minah, their first daughter. In no way did she mean to replace Minah, but she knew that love conquered over sadness anytime. It’s what brought her and Myungsoo closer. He was a man who never experienced love before, but now, he was surprisingly emotional. In public, he was still that sardonic jerk she wanted to punch. However, in the midst of darkness, when she tiptoed into his room and snuggled next to him in bed, he would tell her stories of his past and his moments with Sungyeol and the Lee family. Then, they would lose themselves in kisses of passion until they listened to the melodies of night, to be woken by rosy- dawn.

 

She stepped out into the corridor and saw Luhan dragging his suitcases. When he saw her, he flashed her a charming smile and raked his fingers through his slicked hair. He tamed his curls for a middle part and still seemed outstandingly handsome.

 

“Hey, are your parents gone already?” she asked, disappointed that she never had the chance to say her goodbyes. His parents never liked her, not when they thought she conspired with Heechul to exacerbate their son’s allergies all those times.

 

He nodded and shrugged. “It’s okay though...I..umh…”

 

“I hope China will treat you well, Luhan.” Suzy felt her heart drop. She never knew how much Luhan meant to her as a friend. The fact that he was permanently moving back to China only broke her inside. “You’ll stay in touch, won’t you?”

 

“Of course,” he said and took her hands into his. “Thanks for everything, Suzy. I’m a better man now. I even got rid of the curse.”

 

The shared another smile and she was reminded of all those times where Luhan offered to carry her home, their moment under the starry skies where he desired a Wish-Granting Factory.

 

“So,” she chuckled, “Who’s your new neighbour?”

 

Luhan opened his mouth to speak but someone else reported for him. “It’ll be me, dawgs!”

 

They snapped their attention to Oh Sehun who strutted in his lavish red shirt and black trousers. “Hurry up and move your things--”

 

Sehun paused when he stared at Luhan and something shattered inside of him. His mouth formed a perfect ‘O’.

 

“Hello there,” he rasped, eyeing the doe-eyed man up and down. “Are you my new neighbour?”

 

“Actually, it’s me,” Suzy announced but Sehun was not paying attention to her. He was too preoccupied with Luhan.

 

“Nope, I’m moving out,” Luhan chuckled. He led Suzy into the elevator when Sehun grabbed his arm and spun him around.

 

“Not so fast, December Miracle,” he proclaimed. “Give me your number first!”

 

In his desperation, Luhan exchanged numbers before he and Suzy left for the elevator. Suzy could not help but laugh at his bewildered expression. Luhan sheepishly ran his fingers through his silky hair.

 

“Do you think I should tell him about the curse?”

 

They stared at each other but both had a mutual dislike for Sehun so they laughed it off and decided not to reveal anything to him about the ominous room four.

 

Once the elevator reached it’s end, Suzy kissed Luhan’s cheek and waved at him until he got into his car and steered off into the twinkling gloaming. She wiped a tear from her eye and a shaky sigh escaped her lips.

 

-

 

Suzy waited for Heechul out in the parking lounge. She waited in silence as she watched the stars flicker in the dusky sky. She wondered what Myungsoo was doing at that moment. He left early to help Sungyeol with the event. After all, it was the chatterbox’s twenty-sixth birthday and he was hosting a grand event in his manor for all his friends, close and distant. Suzy was excited because she would meet some of her friends whom she hasn’t seen in awhile.

 

“Cherry! Come back here!”

 

She saw Heechul’s favourite cat run across the road as the man pelted after him. His hair was long again, but black and it suited his natural face. He was dressed in a black suit which oddly accentuated his looks. However, he seemed ridiculous as he skittered after his cat.

 

“Gooseberry!” another women cried.

 

Suzy gawked at the two cats as they ran into each other and began at one another’s fur and mewling as if they were in love. She imagined hearts in their eyes and stars in their minds. Cherry, and her newfound love, Gooseberry were dangerously in love.

 

“Awh, look at that,” the woman droned. “They’re in love…”

 

Heechul’s habitual eccentric features softened as he stared at the cats. He shrugged a laugh but now his attention was on the woman.

 

“I’m Heechul…” he introduced and Suzy never saw him so captivated. After all, Heechul said he only loved women who were prettier than him...and this woman was drop-dead gorgeous!

 

“Sandara Park,” she said and they shook hands.

 

“Would you, uh, like to go for tea?”

 

She held her hands over her heart. “In a cat cafe?”

 

“With Cherry and Gooseberry?”

 

“I’d love that!”

 

Heechul glanced at Suzy and gave her a wink. Looks like he would not be joining them in Sungyeol’s event. Suzy only refrained herself from laughing.

 

-

 

Suzy eventually asked Taekwoon to give her a lift. He was no longer her bodyguard because Myungsoo stepped in that position. Despite that, the three were very good company and often met up for some tea and dinner. Taekwoon was now working as a professional police guard in Jaejoong’s company, who was promoted in the detective department. The two made a brilliant team and despite their initial hatred for one another, the two eventually became good friends.

 

“So, he just left you?” Taekwoon said in his soft voice, like that of a mewling kitten.

 

He spoke more often now, able to form sentences more than two words. He was also invited to Sungyeol’s birthday party, on accounts that he would stop acting like his usual ‘Undertaker’ self over there.

 

Suzy giggled when she saw how head-over-heels Heechul became for Sandara Park. It was an amusing sight to behold.

 

“I don’t think he’ll be coming today,” she explained. “Besides, it’s better this way. Cherry wouldn’t be an ideal guest in the party. She might get trampled on.”

 

Taekwoon laughed and it was strange to hear him laugh for he rarely ever smiled. Suzy stared at him for a moment and admired how much he grew. He was no longer the man who spoke with his eyes but he transferred his thoughts into words with her. They held conversations with more than just their minds.

 

There was always a deep connection between the two, and for that, she was grateful.

 

-

 

The Sweety gang was waiting for them when they arrived. Myungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter