A Jar of Kookies

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] A Jar of Kookies[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A Selection of Chocolate-Boys[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy was glad that the following morning was bright and sunny.  It was warm for an autumn's day, so she donned herself in a light pink skirt and a crisp, cotton blouse with frilly, bell sleeves. She made sure that the skirt hid the scratches on her knees. They were still healing after the Kim Himchan incident.

 

She couldn't understand why she felt so giddy. It wasn't as if she asked Sungyeol out on a date.  She reminded herself that she was doing this for Nana, not herself.

 

It was the first time she would meet a boy on her own. The thought made her stomach flip-flop multiple times. She didn't want to stay with Sungyeol for too long, just enough for her to intrigue him about Nana, and then she would retreat. Of course, she was a bit disheartened that Nana wouldn’t be attending.

 

The thought of Jaejoong returning from the army made her heart flutter like a butterfly in the cavity of her chest. She wondered what he looked like now. She still recalled how she would stare at him, like a child star-gazing in the winter. She knew her parents would arrange to meet him soon.

 

For now, she needed to focus on Sungyeol. Besides, she had a dinner to attend to later on.

 

As she left the apartment, she heard the bell of a bicycle resounding behind her.

 

"Noona!" It was Jungkook. He had a rapturous smile across his face. "Good morning noona!"

 

Suzy smiled brightly at him. "Why, hello there Jungkook. How are you?"

 

Jungkool beamed at the sound of her euphonious voice. "I'm good. How was your first week at uni?"

 

Suzy's smile vanished. She hated it when people asked her about college because the truth was daunting.

 

Jungkook must have sensed her displeasure because he quickly diverted the topic.

 

"Where are you going so early?" He asked instead.

 

"Who me?" Suzy scratched a spot on her cheek. She contemplated whether to tell the boy or not. "I'm going to uni again."

 

He huffed and oddly resembled a flabbergasted owl. "You have lectures today?"

 

She tittered at his naivety. He was cute when he was so short-sighted.

 

"Ah no!" She shook her head. "I'm going to meet a friend.  We're going for ice-cream."

 

"Oh...how're you gonna go, noona?"

 

"Public transport, silly."

 

"Umh..."Junkook stared at his feet, while his thumb caressed the silver bell on the handle.  His features enlightened.

 

"Do you want me to drop you? I have a backseat on my bike," he said. His cheeks flushed and he clamped his mouth shut.

 

Suzy pondered over his offer. It was sweet of him to ask. She spent a lot of her money printing out fliers for Kimchi so she barely had spare change for public transport.

 

"Are you sure, Jungkook? I mean, I don't want to stop you from where you're going," she said.

 

"No! No! I was just gonna head off for some exercise. I might as well drop you first, noona."

 

"Thanks. I owe you one."

 

She sat behind him, swinging her legs over to one side, since she was wearing a skirt. Jungkook his dry lips nervously when her arms circled his waist.

 

He was surprisingly adept at maintaining balance on the vehicle when they took off. His speed forced her to rest her chin on the crook of his shoulder, as her long hair billowed behind her.

 

People craned their necks over the hoods of their cars just to steal a glimpse of them. The boy, and his noona, swiveled down the busy road, without a care in the world. He attempted a lame joke about the traffic but she laughed melodiously anyway.

 

They ignored the horns and accusations the other drivers threw in their direction. Jungkook was shivering in her grip. She could hear the beat of his heart, close to the pulse on his neck.

 

"I can't thank you enough, Jungkook," Suzy uttered gratefully.

 

"Noona, don't shame me," he said,  as he swerved around a corner to enter a smaller road. A few shop vendors veered out of the way as they loped past.

 

"No, I'll make up for it somehow. I have a better idea."

 

Suzy grinned to herself. Perhaps she didn't need to meet Sungyeol by herself. She was still weary of the sunbae. She still found it hard to genuinely trust him. On top of that, she'd get a free ride home.

 

"Why don't you join us for ice-cream?"

 

"R-really?" Jungkook stammered.

 

"You don't have to, if you're busy."

 

"No, I w-would love to! It's better than doing nothing. Plus, I could give you a ride home afterwards," he quipped in.

 

Suzy smirked thoughtfully.  Jungkook had the right mindset.

 

-

 

Suzy spotted Sungyeol at the café as she and Jungkook strolled through campus.  The latter watched the building structures in awe. He had a couple of years before he'd finish school, yet his eyes glimmered with impatience. 

 

Sungyeol waved at her, with his amorous smile plastered across his face. His teeth glistened in the sunlight.

 

"That's your friend?" Jungkook squeaked; his eyebrows furrowed together and he grimaced at the sight of Sungyeol.

 

"Well..." Suzy wondered if she should tell him the truth.

 

The only reason she befriended Sungyeol was for Nana. However, she couldn't add a schoolboy into her girly business.  He'd never understand.

 

"He's nice," was all she said.

 

Jungkook's cheeks puffed. He looked awfully angry and Suzy didn't know why. His fingers quivered with ire.

 

"Morning!" Sungyeol greeted her. His hair was still wet with water, and he had a gym bag slinging from his shoulder.

 

The sight of him caused Suzy's cheeks to burn. Something unusual stirred within her stomach.  Did she find him attractive? She shoved the cogitation to the back of her mind. He was Nana's love interest! She shouldn't find him attractive! 

 

"You've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter