The Return of the Mint Chocolate

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Return of the Mint Chocolate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A Selection of Chocolate-Boys[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3](A/N: Well, looks like Myungsoo won the vote, so I have to add him in as a minor chocolate boy. I was hoping that Baekhyun or Tao should win! D: Baekhyun was just a point behind Myungie! I was temped to choose him but decided against him since Woobin is already a bit of a , but more mature. Btw, I prefer Myungstal over Myungzy. But a vote's a vote! Thanks to all who voted! Anyways, did anyone miss Himchan? ;)) I wasn't going to update until Saturday but since it's Infinite's 5th anniversary today, I'm updating! And then I'm going off AFF for a whole week...hopefully...maybe! xD)

 

By the time Suzy checked the hour, it was past ten at night. Jieun left with Joonmyun and Krystal earlier because they had to get up early the next day for their part time jobs. Suzy spent the time sitting alone with a tight-lipped Myungsoo while Sungyeol, Nana and Baekhyun danced on stage.

 

Myungsoo rarely talked and he didn't attempt to either. He merely stared at his drink in his hand, neither drunk nor tipsy. His tolerance for alcohol amazed Suzy. She opted not to drink at all, lest Sungyeol took advantage of her...

 

She didn't trust him on her own.

 

Suzy cleared . "What time are we leaving?"

 

"I think we're heading to a bar soon," Myungsoo grunted without glancing at her.

 

"What?" Suzy gasped; panic mushroomed inside her. "But that's late."

 

"So?" His deadly eyes bore into her own and she almost shriveled like a dead flower under his stare.

 

"I need to get home," she squeaked.

 

Surprisingly, he nodded his head. "Okay."

 

She tilted her head to the side. "So...aren't you going to drop me?"

 

He snorted as if she asked a ludicrous question. "Can't do that now. Who'll collect the others if I do? There's a bus stop outside. Will I walk you there?"

 

Suzy frowned in disappointment. She needn't be angry at him. His decision made perfect sense since the rest of the Sweety crowd wouldn't have a ride home.

 

"No, it's okay. I can go from here," Suzy groused.

 

Myungsoo opened his mouth, as if he wished to speak but she slung her bag over her shoulder and loped her way out.

 

The cool night air pricked at her skin, and the eerie stillness left dread in its wake. The raging of music rang in the distance as she stalked her way out of the parking lounge. A few streetlamps lit her dim path and she saw two bus stops a few meters from the entrance.

 

She forgot that the warehouse was stranded somewhere in the wilderness of Seoul and she had no clue on how to return to the city. Plus, she questioned her fortune, since her phone was out of charge. The dark silhouettes of trees remained frozen in the background, resembling shapes cut straight out of a horror movie. There wasn't a single person in sight.

 

She peered over her shoulder, contemplating whether she should head back, but in doing so, Sungyeol wouldn't leave her side. She grew aggravated of his infatuation with her. Suzy should feel grateful that someone liked her but her heart was in denial.

 

She decided to wait at the bus stop and instead, pray that the driver would provide her directions to home. She regretted everything that night. (Well, she didn't regret witnessing shirtless Changmin, but that was a tale best left buried.)

 

As the icy wind blew through her, and she wrapped her arms over her shivering form, a heavy weight pressed on her shoulders. This wasn't the first time she felt the terror, or the cryptic ambiance that signalled a perpetrator lurking in the darkness.

 

An owl hooted close by, startling her deep to the bone. Her reaction was accompanied by a sudden yelp as she fell on her backside. When she saw the bird flutter its wings and soar high, she sighed in relief. However, her respite was short lived, for an ominous shadow that reeked of horror and abuse, edged closer to her.

 

Suzy's eyes widened. He heart rummaged against her ribcage. She tried to speak with the cryptic shadow but her words stuttered. A sense of dread pooled within her. The shadow loomed over her and an icy breath forced shivers down her spine. A dark hand stretched out to caress her cheek; cold as death.

 

She shut her eyes, teeth chattering, and it wasn't from the cold.

 

"It's just a nightmare," she reassured herself, "You'll wake up soon...just a nightmare."

 

However, the stranger didn't leave and the cold air only grew colder. In a rush of adrenaline, Suzy pushed the intruder away and ran for the road. The person let out a snarl-- a clear masculine snarl-- and raced after her. It hit her that he was a possible criminal-- a even. The thought made her swallow in fear

 

"Leave me alone!"

 

Suzy lost her footing and stumbled across the middle of the road. Pain shot through her leg. There wasn't a car in sight. There was no one there to hear her cries. Tears swelled in her eyes and rolled down her cheeks, hanging like raindrops on the tip of her chin. She faced the man, because she would rather glare at her killer in the face.

 

"Who are you?" she dared ask.

 

"Your worst nightmare," he breathed; a voice imbued with antipathy and sarcasm. He pulled out something shiny from his dark coat. The starlight reflected off the glint of a knife.

 

Suzy whimpered, helpless and vulnerable like a deer caught in the headlights. If only her bodyguard was here, if only she hadn't listened to Nana, she would be safe in the warm comfort of her home.

 

Suddenly, when she thought her life would end, the screeching tires of a car grew louder in crescendo. The stranger paused in his tracks. He kept fidgeting on spot, hesitating whether he should stab his victim or run away. When the headlights loomed over the hedge, he hurriedly ran across the road, melting into the darkness.

 

Suzy was slightly mesmerised but as soon as she was thrown out of the freezer, she was now sizzling inside a frying pan. A silver car bolted towards her. She screamed, holding a hand up to shield her eyes from the glare of its headlights.

 

The tires squealed as the car skidded down the road. It swerved from side to side as the driver attempted to slow the speed of the vehicle. Suzy stared wide eyed, with her breath caught in , as the car pulled to a stop an inch before her. For a moment, she heard nothing but the pounding of her heart in her ears. Then, she laid herself on the cool ground, laughing and crying deliriously. Her front bangs stuck to her sweaty face.

 

"Aigooo!" the driver cried, in a voice that was surprisingly familiar.

 

The front door opened and a young man in a red suit scrambled out. His chemise underneath his blazer was untucked, almost hidden beneath chunky necklaces. Suzy stared at him, still trapped in a daze but her hazy vision took in a face she last saw over a month ago: Kim Himchan. She lifted herself back on her feet, wondering whether to thank him for scaring off the intruder or berate him for almost killing her.

 

Again.

 

Himchan scrunched his nose when he recognised her. He let out a bark of laughter, shaking his head in disbelief, and rubbing a hand over his face.

 

"Is fate playing with me or something?" he said to no one in particular. "How did you get in my way again?" He squinted at her; a sly smirk captivated his features. "Unless you're a stalker..."

 

Suzy gasped. She refrained from slapping his arm. "I've only seen you twice in my life. How would I be a stalker?"

 

Himchan laughed, waving a hand dismissively. "A useless excuse. Are you for real? Can't you remember who I am?"

 

"You're Kim Himchan," Suzy deadpanned.

 

He snorted. "You're half correct, loser. I'm the Kim Himchan, and I'm the next top model so who wouldn't stalk me?"

 

It was Suzy's turn to snort. "Sure, yeah. Whatever. Thanks for saving me back there."

 

"I saved you?" He raised a brow.  When she nodded meekly, he said, "You see how great I am? I even save my stalkers!" Himchan ran his fingers through his hair and flicked them upwards.

 

Suzy rolled her eyes. She forgot that he maintained an ego as vast as the Pacific Ocean.

 

"But, then you almost ran over me again," she reminded, her arms now akimbo. Her ankle was still throbbing, and an inconspicuous idea was taking form in her mind.

 

"Pffft, yeah, yeah. You wanted me to run over you so I could step out, and you could drool over my handsome face," Himchan chuckled. "Am I right, or am I right?"

 

This time, she smacked a hand on her forehead at the sheer stupidity of his words. He seriously lacked all things that endowed humility, and neither did he practice a sober demeanour when he conversed with a stranger such as her.

 

The sound of sirens echoed from the distance, forcing Himchan to jump involuntarily. His pupils dilated as he surveyed the gloomy environment for the source of the sirens.

 

Cursing, he hobbled back to his car. Suzy panicked. She didn't wish to be alone again, and she wasn't about to let her only means of getting home escape beneath her fingertips.

 

"Wait!" Suzy cried, stumbling after Himchan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter