Salsa Overdose

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]SALSA OVERDOSE[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE BOYS[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy stared at herself in the mirror. She could barely recognise herself. Yoona had curled her hair into flaccid waves that trailed down to her waist. She wore a shimmering black dress that cinched at her waist. Yoona's skills were evident in the makeup because her eyes riveted with kohl and her lips shone with crimson.  

 

"I don't know if I can do this."

 

There was a knot in her stomach. She did not know why her heart fluttered. Was it because of Sungyeol...or was it Myungsoo? Suzy swallowed the emotion in . She had never been lost in a pall of confusion before. It unnerved her.

 

Jieun left as soon as they got back, stating that she had to meet Joonmyun for important matters. Suzy saw through her guise. It was obvious that Jieun set out on a date with the immaculate gentleman. She thought Jieun cared for Taekwoon but it seemed that the girl only cared for him as how she cherished the memory that connected him with her.

 

Yoona smirked. "You'll do fine. Besides,  I'll be here for moral support."

 

Suzy sent Taekwoon home for some respite. She was worried about his mental condition. Retrieving memories was not a simple task. Though he was adamant to stay with her, his impotent barrier dissipated and he retreated back to his apartment.

 

She pleaded Yoona to go with her instead. The last thing she wanted was to trapped in the middle between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Her mother was not too happy because she had hoped that Luhan would ask her out. Her father asked about Changmin which was strange because Suzy did not think her father ever showed interest in her tutor.

 

"I can't dance for my life," she sighed.

 

Yoona chortled and said, "It's only one class, Suzy. Not the end of the world."

 

"What if my ineptitude at dancing actually brings about the apocalypse?" Suzy pinched the bridge as she recalled how many toes she fractured at the Fresher's Ball. "The last thing I want is drawing more attention to myself, you know? I just want to blend in with everyone else but it's like some stupid girl is writing out my fate, just to make me suffer."

 

Her friend was still laughing.  There were tears in her eyes.

 

"Oh Sue, you sound like an old self-help book. Take it easy. Lift your chin up and show the world what you're made of. Metal or sand?" A genial smile encapsulates Yoona's features. "That's the way I see it."

 

"What do you think I'm made of?"

 

"Surely metal."

 

Suzy returned the smile. "I'm glad someone understands me."

 

-

 

As soon as they stepped out, with Suzy wobbling with the height of her heels, they saw another figure step out of the elevator. The ringing noise and the sliding of doors-- the person was none other than Luhan. He paused, appearing as dashing as ever in his neat cornflower blouse, and office trousers. His pupils dilated when he caught her gaze and his jaw hung open in a comical fashion. Something unusual glinted in his eyes.

 

“I’ll be waiting downstairs,” Yoona said before she strutted into the elevator and gave Suzy a surreptitious wink.

 

Suzy glared at her. The last thing she wanted was to left with Luhan alone. She had not seen him or bumped into him for over a month now. He held an expression like that of a wolf who cornered their prey. Luhan quickly recomposed himself and cleared his throat. She thought he would say something to her but he brushed past her to go to his apartment.

 

She did not mind that he acted like a stranger but for a strange reason, it hurted her. She wanted to be someone he could confide with. She hoped to be a friend he could look up to in times of turmoil.

 

“Luhan,” she called. It was an impulsive move.

 

His hand hovered over the door knob and his shoulders jumped. His eyes glistened, so large and round like two shining stars. Luhan glanced over at her, glossy curls gleaming in the spotlights of the corridor.

 

Suzy traipsed over to him, walking like a penguin in her ridiculous heels. It was Yoona’s idea to try them on but she regretted it now. She had the intentions of adding to her height by wearing high sandals but the reality was a fog. Her ankles raged with pain, and her legs shivered with agony.

 

“Suzy,” he acknowledged, running fumbling fingers through his thick locks. “You...you look really beautiful...tonight.”

 

The awkward ambiance settled in until the noise from the city outside was their only sanctuary. Suzy blushed as she gripped the hems of her dress and tried to pull it down further.

 

“Yeah,” she croaked. “My friends invited me out to a salsa class.”

 

Luhan chuckled, and pointed at her shoes. “Just make sure you have someone to carry you home.”

 

She was certain her face resembled a sunburnt tomato at this stage. She reminisced that time when Luhan asked her if he could carry her. He was always such a pure gentleman. She did know what it was that brought them back to square one. He was a good person, even if he did wish to believe it. If Suzy had to take one lesson out of life, she learned that good people did not fall from the skies. They were like hidden pearls underneath murky oceans. They were moons in need of light from the sun.

 

“Luhan,” Suzy breathed, forcing herself to stare into his hypnotising eyes. “I’m wondering if you could help me out with two tasks?”

 

He rubbed the back of his neck. His lips puckered in as if he contemplated her offer. “With what?”

 

“Well, you’re good with computers, right?”

 

Luhan chuckled again, his voice tintinnabulated like silvery bells. “I don’t think I’m that good.”

 

“Don’t be so modest.” She could not help but smile. “You saved my parents’ house from total annihilation when Jongin threw a party. Of course, there’s no pressure...but I would really appreciate it if you could.”

 

“Sure, what’s it for?”

 

“Well….I have two friends that need some help. I need to find the contact details of one’s parents, and the other is searching for his half brother. Changmin-nim is helping me out too. You could team up with him.”

 

His eyes widened. “Your tutor?”

 

She nodded in response. Suzy was afraid when another palpable silence ensued. She was scared that he would reject her but Luhan’s lips stretched into a celestial smile.

 

“Sure why not?” he chuckled again.

 

Suzy beamed into a smile. Her heart swelled inside her. Luhan removed his keys and opened the lock on his door. He peered into the timorous darkness inside, ambivalence etched onto his face. In that instance, her heart reached out to him.

 

“Thank you,” Suzy said, “You know...if you ever need someone to talk to...I’m always here.”

 

Luhan paused for a moment before slowing facing her. “...I’d like that.”

 

-

 

Yoona was very OCD when it came to driving, Suzy noticed. She was not like a prudent ahjumma like Heechul but she was obsessed with straight lines. Yoona spent a while just parking her car. If if it was slightly crooked round the bend, then would persist until the car stood like a pristine showpiece in the parking lounge.

 

Her friend stared into the side mirror. A sigh rumbled through her lips.

 

"It's still a few millimetres off," she muttered.

 

Suzy refrained from smacking a palm on her forehead. Yoona restarted the roaring engine and another few minutes ensued where the car traced back and forth until she was satisfied. It made Suzy wonder if Yoona was very late for a class because of her obsession.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter