The Way To His Heart (Her First Kiss)

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Way To His Heart (Her First Kiss)[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE-BOYS[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

By mid week, Suzy witnessed a sight in her room that almost frightened the living daylights out of her. Taekwoon had entered against her wishes while she was busy rubbing her powder on her face. He had resumed wearing his immaculate black suit, looking like a vicar as he usually does, and he was reading the messages off a phone that was in her room for days-- Kim Himchan's phone to be exact.

 

Suzy had been meaning to contact him but she forgot all about it when she returned to university. To spectate her usually apathetic bodyguard, peering through someone else's private messages, was unnerving and, to a certain extent, shocking.

 

"Taekwoon!" she exclaimed as she snatched the phone out of his hands.

 

He blinked at her so innocently that she almost regretted her harsh action.

 

"It's not nice to read other people's stuff, okay? Go and wait in the kitchen."

 

Taekwoon blinked again but he retreated back to the corridor. Suzy stared at the phone.

 

Without a warning, a strange sensation swept over her. She found herself gazing at the wallpaper of Himchan's face inquisitively. A longing to gain knowledge of the unknown plagued her conscious. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure that Taekwoon was not spying on her.

 

He was no longer in her room. Suzy her lips nervously and stalked Himchan's messages.

 

She was astonished to see many threats from the Royal Pirates and other vagabonds. One in particular, by the name of G-Dragon, was the most vulgar of them all. The lack of courtesy in their messages made her skip over them. Instead, she chose to focus on an American number that popped up every so often.

 

However, as she read it, she was struck with guilt. The knowledge that sank in her mind was insatiable yet she knew this information was forbidden for her eyes.

 

'My son, how have you been? Why won't you answer my calls? Your father and I are so worried for you. Have you met Yoomi yet? Please reply to me, my child.'

 

'Himchan, I miss you so much. I know you're angry but please, my son, come home. Your father only had your best interests in mind.'

 

‘Himchan, I am so worried for you. I miss you. Your father misses you. Please return to us. We never meant to hurt you. We love you.’

 

‘Happy birthday, my son but this day only leaves me with heartache because you are not here with me. Please give me a sign that you’re okay. Stay safe.’

 

‘My son, please pick up my calls. I love you so much that it hurts me when you ignore me like this. I am sending money into your account. Please, I beg you to use it wisely.’

 

‘Himchan, are you safe? I heard about the ferry that sank near Korea. Please be safe, my son. I love you forever.’

 

‘Yoomi contacted me. I am so glad that you met her again. Keep safe, my son. I love you.’

 

The phone suddenly started vibrating in her hands. Suzy let out a shriek and jumped backwards. She stared at the phone, horrified. The username was ‘Korea’s Top Model’, and she could only guess one person in all of Korea to acquire that name. She felt dirty for reading Himchan’s personal messages,but she was also shocked.

 

She guessed that it must have been his mother that was trying to contact him for so long, but why did Himchan ignore her messages and calls? It was hard to believe that someone as conceited and narcissistic as Himchan had someone that cared for him. Her heart reached out out for him. What if he carried a broken heart?

 

With trembling fingers, she answered the phone.

 

“Hello? Hey!” Himchan’s voice rang from the other end of the line. “Hey, loser! I thought you had my phone! What are you? A sasaeng fan!? Oh man! I thought I lost it.”

 

Suzy frowned. “I’m not a loser.”

 

“Ugh, whatever,” he scoffed, “Where’re you right now? I need that phone, ya hear? A top model can’t walk around without his phone!”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Then who’s phone are you using now?”

 

There was a pause at the other end. “I’ve two phones, okay? One for me and the other for I.” He chuckled at his lame excuse for a joke and Suzy sighed with dismay.

 

“Can you collect it this weekend? Outside my dad’s restaurant?”

 

“But-- that’s too long! I’d have to wait for three days!”

 

“I’m really sorry but I don’t want you hanging out at my campus either.”

 

“Why would I hang out there? The last thing I want is mingling with losers. Fine, see you in the weekend.”

 

-

 

During her first lecture that morning, Suzy’s mind was enrapt with thoughts of Himchan. His mother’s messages bounced inside her head, one after the other, like a never ending ping pong ball that had no exit. She didn’t know why she was anxious for him and the extra notes from G-Dragon frightened her.

 

She smelled something fishy in the air, not literally of course. Himchan was in danger. There was something definitely wrong. This whole talk about being a ‘top model’ was a farce. There was nothing genuine about it. Why did Himchan let himself sink in such misery? She shouldn’t feel such an urge to aid him, but it tugged her heartstrings.

 

Someone plopped into the seat next to her, breaking her train of thoughts. She glanced beside her and her jaw hung open in shock. She gazed back into the sardonic face of Park Chanyeol.

 

“Umh…” Suzy began, but she didn’t know what to say. Chanyeol possibly hated her now for befriending Sungyeol’s inner circle.

 

“Your notes are cool,” he muttered, pointing at the sheets of paper on her desk.

 

Suzy gazed at the notes. They were the ones that Changmin had written out for her. She was amazed that Chanyeol could comprehend the unruly writing.

 

“Can I borrow them?” He raised a brow at her.

 

“Umh…” Suzy’s brain was slow at registering his request. Why was he talking to her as if everything was normal? She had turned him down for the Fresher’s Ball, and she was friends with his competitor.

 

The corners of his lips curved into a smile. “Please?”

 

There was no way that she could deny his wish now. After all, it was difficult for her to say no to anyone in need. She slid the notes over to him. He let out a hearty chuckle. She felt Taekwoon’s gaze burning a hole through their heads. She knew her bodyguard didn’t trust Chanyeol because he was never introduced to the younger boy.

 

“Thanks, I’ll give them back to you later.” Without a second thought, Chanyeol leaned closer to her, and before Suzy could protest, he pecked her lips with an innocent kiss.

 

He hurriedly scrambled off his chair and dashed for the door, leaving Suzy startled and hypnotised. Her cheeks flared red, and the imprint he left behind with his lips lingered like a lazy burn on her own. She stared at the empty seat beside her.

 

Slowly, her fingers traced her lips. Only one thing crossed her mind: why did Chanyeol kiss her?

 

Suzy buried her face into her hands. She didn’t know whether to cry or laugh at the absurdity of it all. Her first kiss was stolen by a moron, and it wasn’t even a proper kiss, but she had no idea why her heart racked inside her chest like an excited bunny rabbit, or why her mind fizzed as if it was alight with fireworks. The only thing that crossed her thoughts was Chanyeol’s impish face leaning closer to hers, and his lips crashing against her own.

 

“Did I miss something?”

 

Suzy tore herself away from her hands and looked up to see Krystal joining her. The latter was worried over the weekend after she found out what happened after the night club. She partly blamed herself for leaving early.

 

“N-no,” she lied.

 

“Really? Your face is beat red.” Krystal sat next to her and began rummaging through her rucksack.

 

Suzy tipped her cheeks. They were warm to the touch. “I-it is?”

 

Krystal gave her a lopsided grin. “Come on Minnie, spill the beans. What happened?”

 

“N-nothing!” Suzy exclaimed as she searched for an alternate topic. “Just remembe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter