Shopping With Tao

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Shopping with Tao[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE-BOYS[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The following weekend, Suzy received a call from Tao, who wished that she should join him, Heechul and his girlfriend Jia for shopping. Suzy was not so much in the mood after all the drama she had to endure that week. Her mind was still riddled with the commotion that occurred between Changmin and Taekwoon.

 

Not only had she lost her tutor but she also lost her bodyguard. Suzy pursed her lips as she recalled the pain in Changmin’s face when Taekwoon sent him sprawling to the floor. She didn’t know why it panged at her heart, but it just did. The forsaken organ twisted into many knots inside her chest until the only way she could release the pressure was through tears.

 

Had she come to care about her tutor-- the man who only sent acerbic remarks towards her way?

 

Deciding that she needed a little bit of retreat for her tortured mind, Suzy called Nana to accompany her. The girl came to collect her with her chauffeur and the two set off to meet Tao and his ragtag gang at Myeongdang district.

 

Nana was awfully quiet in the car. She was chewing on her perfectly manicured, scarlet nail, and her eyes flickered with contemplation. There were dark shadows under her eyes. Suzy realised that she wasn’t the only person affected by Changmin’s injuries. The scene replayed in their minds like a recurring nightmare.

 

“Like, Jaejoong is suspicious,” Nana said, glancing at her. “He thinks Taekwoon is the reason that I’m like this, and he wouldn’t stop pestering me about it.”

 

Suzy inhaled a sharp breath. “Don’t tell him anything, okay? He’ll fire Taekwoon for good if he does.”

 

“Why're you getting so defensive?” A shadow crossed her friend’s face, and she frowned. “Didn't you see the way he reacted? I’d be scared if he was still following you around.”

 

“I just need to talk some sense into him.” Suzy curled her fingers into her palms and restrained from biting her bottom lip. To a certain extent, Nana was right, and there was nothing she could do to counter her argument.

 

Nana let out a sigh before taking one of Suzy’s hands into her own.

 

“Look, I know you care about your bodyguard, but Suzy, he could have killed Changmin-nim that night,” she elucidated.

 

A solitary tear trickled down Suzy’s cheek. When she imagined the worse case scenario in her head, a pool of sadness filled her from inside and she began to cry. Nana clucked her tongue and embraced her.

 

“There, there,” she cooed. “Forget it, okay? I won’t tell Jaejoong oppa about it. You can tell him whenever you’re ready.”

 

-

 

When they arrived at Myeondang district, Tao and his gang were already waiting for them. Tao, as usual, was dressed in a fancy shirt, and dark jeans. He wore a large, checkered coat over his garments that made him stand out against the crowd like a flower in a field of daisies. Despite the chilly afternoon, he wore sunglasses.

 

Jia was standing next to him, appearing as sultry as ever. Despite the cold, she wore denim shorts and a long shirt. Heechul waved enthusiastically, and like a sore thumb, he stood out with his bright pink jeans and pale yellow coat. Suzy cringed at his fashion sense. Suddenly, she felt embarrassed to even walk next to Heechul.

 

“You guys made it,” said Tao, smiling when they arrived. “That’s good to know. Should we start off at the men’s department?”

 

“Like, why would I want to go there?” snorted Nana. “I want to so see what they have in the women’s clothing.”

 

Heechul sent them a feline smile. “Now, now, Tao. Be a good boy, and the ladies get their way first.”

 

Tao punched him in the arm, causing the older man to yelp. “Right, ahjumma. I’m the one who organised this event, I’ll decide what’s to be done”

 

“Expect Tao to be the tyrant,” Jia sighed. She smiled apologetically at the other girls.

 

Suzy and Nana shared a bemused smirk. It was sorted then. The gang hurried into one of the suit stores where Tao searched through the suits like a frantic fanboy. Heechul sulked in the corner due to a lack of pink in the store.

 

Jia, Nana and Suzy walked around instead.

 

“I can’t hold it in any longer,” Jia blurted. “Tao’s not here for shopping.”

 

Nana raised an arched brow. “Is that so? Like, why did he bother call us?”

 

“He wants to give Heechul a transformation.”

 

Suzy’s eyes widened in her sockets. Never in her dreams did she believe that Heechul would get rid of his springy hair, and his obsession with feminine colours. She peeked at the feline man from across her shoulder and refrained from grinning. He was still grousing to himself, trying to draw Tao’s attention but his attempts were futile. So, he gave up, marched towards the staff and demanded them to show him all the reds, pinks and purples that they had in the shop. His creepy grin was enough for them to run away to the stock rooms.

 

Nana let out a huff of boredom. She flung her long hair behind her shoulder and rolled her eyes. Suzy jabbed her gently in the stomach.

 

“I think that’s a great idea,” she affirmed. “It’s about time too. I started hating pink ever since I met Heechul.”

 

“I felt like that too,” Jia chortled.

 

Suzy left the girls to bicker among themselves. Nana was utterly displeased that she left the sanctuary of her abode only to shop for a man that meant nothing to her. If it was for Sungeyol, she would have gladly complied, but this revelation ruined her day.

 

A suit caught Suzy’s eyes. It had a white tee in appearance, not blanche but with a cream coloured texture, and with a matching navy blazer. The trousers were very modest and black. She didn’t know why such a mediocre suit blared in her vision but she guessed that it rivalled with Heechul’s eccentric personality.

 

When she picked it up to show Tao, a gasp escaped her lips. In Tao’s hand was a flame-coloured suit. It was so bright that Suzy thought she’d suffer from epilepsy. He glanced at her with a sardonic smirk.

 

“Whatcha think of this, like?” he asked her, wiggling the suit at her face.

 

“Umh…”

 

“I think it’d compliment Heechul’s behaviour, don’t you?”

 

“Huh?” She blinked at him. A frown of contempt crossed her face.

 

Tao threw his head back and barked a laugh before he put the suit back in with the others.

 

“I was just kidding,” he confessed. “Just wanted to see your face, and it was, like, worth it.”

 

Suzy’s frown seeped deeper down her chin. She didn’t know how, but everything about Tao reminded her of Heechul. She shook the thoughts aside and held out the suit that she picked out.

 

“What about this?”

 

Tao pulled his sunglasses off his face, mouth gaping open. His eyes shimmered with euphoria before he murmured with bated breath, “Perfect.”

 

-

 

"Why do I have to wear this uncultured piece of cloth?" Heechul crossed his arms as his companions surrounded him.

 

Suzy flashed the suit that she picked for him in his face. His lips curled in disgust and he leaned back. Almond irises quivered with uncertainty. Heechul was no fool. They were sure that he sniffed something suspicious in the atmosphere.

 

"We just want you to try it out," Suzy explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter