Sweet Memories

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(a/n: Just a quick note: Suzy did not get shot in the last chapter!)

 

She was surrounded by darkness once again but she realised that her eyes were covered by a black shield. Someone stepped behind her and removed the bag from her face. Suzy breathed in the rusty air as she endeavoured to regain good vision. From the wide space around her to the hay on the floor, the crates and machines around every corner, she could tell that she was stranded in a warehouse.

 

She tried to move but her hands were bound behind a chair. At this rate, a sharp pain sprouted up her back from all the sitting she did that day. She realised that she was not alone. To her left was Joowoon! The man who had an alliance with Woohyun, except he was a victim this time around. To her right was Nana, also tied against a chair, and Yoomi and Haru-- Himchan’s relatives.

 

Nana sent her a bewildered glance, fear evident on her sweating countenance. Her usually immaculate hair spread over her like a haystack. Joowon was still unconscious, a purple bruise grew on his right eye. Haru shivered in her chair. Only Yoomi held an intrepid glare in the semi-darkness.

 

Suzy tried to connect the pieces but when five figures impeded their space, she discarded all her thoughts. G-Dragon and his gang were now standing before her. With his messy, blond hair, his bulging veins on his neck and his eccentric eyes, G-Dragon was even more scary in flesh than from all the stories she heard.

 

Still, she was more shocked to know that Seungri-- the barista from her campus, and TOP, the phD student who worked with Changmin, were also part of Big Bang. The shock registered too late and the severity of the situation only caused her to swallow a whole load of twisted emotions. Her stomach churned as if she ate noxious substances and bile rose up .

 

G-Dragon sniggered and turned to his friend. “Finally, I thought you lot were too stupid to kidnap this many people at once.”

 

Daesung chuckled. “Anything for you, Jiyong hyung.”

 

Seungri nodded. “Yeah, you’re the most awesome hyung ever!”

 

Taeyang and TOP only rolled his eyes, the former grinning wildly while TOP seeming as if he wanted to disappear from the warehouse.

 

“Shut up,” roared G-Dragon. “I know that, you fool!”

 

“I know what you all need,” spat Yoomi, her eyes hidden behind sacs of wrinkles as she stared furiously at them. She garnered their attention and Suzy prayed in her mind that Yoomi would not say anything that would endanger her life. “You all need a wife!”

 

The members of Big Bang only gawked at her as if she was an insignificant bug.

 

“I bet you can’t even wipe your own without thinking of one, you cantankerous ol’ farts!”

 

“Daesung!” G-Dragon turned to his henchman who stood straighter attentively. “Put a tape on that dog’s mouth.”

 

Before Yoomi could utter another word, a black tape strapped around and despite Haru’s pleas to leave the old woman alone, G-Dragon made sure that Yoomi was tortured by Seungri-- through tickling her bare feet with a feather.

 

Yoomi squirmed in her chair and perspiration gathered at the edges of her forehead as Seungri wiggled a feather over her wrinkled feet. She yelped against the black tape but her laughter was muffled. The tickling ensued until she lost consciousness. Suzy watched the scene in horror. She saw Nana trembled next to her.

 

It was not a surprise why Big Bang were feared by the police. They were ruthless…

 

“You’re all probably wondering why we kidnapped you? Well isn’t it obvious, you retards? Three of you have affiliation with that stinking b*****d, Kim Himchan. One of you was close with Woohyun, who failed our mission, and you’re Jaejoong’s little sister. Jaejoong was a thorn in our side since he pretended to join us from day one.”

 

That was no surprise at all. Suzy guessed the connections before she woke up in the warehouse. Perhaps the others did not but surely, Nana and Joowon must have known. Haru only stared at the floor and whispered words of reassurance to herself. The child’s distress caused anger to rupture inside Suzy but the last thing she wanted was being tickled to sleep like Seungri did with Yoomi.

 

At that moment, they heard the squeals of tyres from outside and frantic footsteps echoing from outside. A sadistic grin crept along G-Dragon’s face, and he rubbed his hands together as if he concocted a perfect plan.

 

Two large doors burst open and a stream of daylight rippled into the forsaken barnhouse. The place looked less insidious once the light stepped in. A figure bungled on his feet as he inhaled sharply.

 

Suzy’s eyes widened. She gawked at Kim Himchan, donned in his blue blazer and white trousers. He seemed less tired after all those days, so perhaps he rested well now that he was no longer chased by the Royal Pirates.

 

Himchan caught her gaze and his eyes widened. “You have Suzy too!? I told you hooligans that I’d have your money ready in a few days!”

 

“Get him,” G-Dragon ordered and before Himchan could run out of the way, five pairs of hands latched onto him and he was to the floor.

 

Suzy shrieked as she watched the villainous men throw kicks into Himchan while he shrivelled into a fetal position.

 

“Not the face!” he pleaded, arms curled over his head. “Anything but the face!”

 

“Leave him alone!”

 

Big Bang paused what they initiated. G-Dragon glared at Suzy and she trembled in her seat, understanding the consequences of evoking her opinions. The members circled around her and she heard Nana’s stomach grumble with anxiety. G-Dragon cupped her chin harshly and inspected her face side to side.

 

“Such a pretty face,” he chuckled, his voice rousing disgust.

 

“Don’t you dare touch her, you filthy skunk!”

 

Himchan tried to sit up on his elbows but he was dappled with bruises. TOP kicked his ribcage again to shut him up and he was hauled across the hay and into a seat of his own, where he was expertly tied with ropes. Exhaustion lined his face and seeing him so wounded only caused Suzy’s fingers to shiver with anger and sadness.

 

“You’re horrible,” she hissed. Her statement was received by a raucous laughter from the members of Big Bang.

 

“Shoes.” G-Dragon turned to Seungri and Suzy panicked when her boots slipped from her feet. Haru’s scream reverberated throughout the warehouse.

 

“Feather.” A large, white feather, over a foot long, settled into G-Dragon’s outstretched hand.

 

His lips twisted into a wry grin. “Perfect.”

 

He inched closer on his knees, grabbed Suzy’s little foot into his effeminate hands and with his features contorted with mania, he teased the soles of her foot with a white feather. Suzy squeezed her eyes shut, but audaciously, TOP’s voice interrupted the imminent torture.

 

“Jiyong, they only have an hour left to hand in the money,” he said. “Otherwise, we’re gonna have to kill the hostages.”

 

To Suzy’s relief, G-Dragon snarled and retreated from her.

 

“Get your pistols ready,” he commanded and Big Bang pulled out polished, black revolvers from the belts of their trousers.

 

-

 

Jaejoong’s car came to a halt and his limbs trembled with fear. He tried to hide this of course, as he imagined Suzy and Nana stranded in the warehouse before. In his Mercedes was Woohyun, who was growing to be more and more efficient as a comrade to him. The man’s mentor and best friend was also captured by Big Bang, and they heard that Kim Himchan’s relatives were not left alone either.

 

It seemed that the encounter with Hangeng had left them momentarily blind to Big Bang’s evil schemes. How could they have missed the fact that Big Bang plotted something this tragic?

 

He looked into the mirror at the backseat, where the Kangs and Jongin sat, faces pale and stricken with terror. Taekwoon was also there, and Jaejoong had never seen him look so fierce before. His usual stony physiognomy now resembled a ridge that had been blown by landmines. Another car pulled up around the corner, and out hopped Sungyeol, Myungsoo and the rest of the Sweety gang.

 

A third car pulled around the corner and Woobin-- Mr Kang’s personal assistant-- stepped...as well as someone that tried to avoid Jaejoong for many years.

 

His heart dropped in his stomach as he glanced at the tall, elegant figure that glanced at the barnhouse, appearing utterly daunting and afraid. There was only one time that he ever saw Changmin look so afraid, and that was when their band of friends split up back in high school. Emotion lodged in his throat but this was not the time to reunite with him now. For too long had he chased for Changmin’s number in order to apologise to him for all the nuisance that he created, but no one was willing to give it to him.

 

He wondered if that was Changmin’s idea to make him chase him around like a goat around the farm.

 

He heaved himself off his seat and their eyes met. However, as he expected, Changmin pretended not to know him and instead looked back into the warehouse. Still, he did see a flicker of nostalgia in Changmin’s eyes.

 

Then, it made Jaejoong wonder how Changmin knew Suzy. How did they know each other? And if they, how long? How important was she to him that he came all this way to protect her from Big Bang? They knew that calling the police would result in the instant death of the employees.

 

Heechul’s bumblebee car stopped next to them and he danced out. His face flushed with crimson ire and he bared his teeth like a wild savage ready to harm anything in his path. Tao and Yoona removed themselves from his car. The latter skittered across the path and towards Changmin. He caught her into his arms before she could faint with anxiety.

 

“They have Suzy and Nana,” she said in a shaky tone.

 

“We need to think of a plan,” said Tao, pounding his fist into his palm.

 

The ringing of a bell resounded and they turned their heads to see Jungkook driving swiftly towards their direction on his bicycle.

 

“I’m here to help noona. Halla got a call from Chanyeol hyung and she told me that Suzy noona was in trouble,” he said.

 

“Join the boat,” said Sungyeol as he urged everyone to inch closer and vanquish the remaining distances between them.

 

Mrs Kang was crying into her husband’s shoulder while Jongin patted her back to console her. Krystal and Jieun held each other’s hands, the latter whispered words of prayer for the hostages. Baekhyun bit into his nails until there was nothing left of them while Joonmyun’s eyes riveted around the darkness of the wilderness like a frantic deer.

 

Myungsoo snarled and began marching towards the warehouse.

 

“Oi!” cried Sungyeol. “Where’re you going?”

 

“To save Suzy,” he said. “I’m not skilled for nothing.”

 

“Then let me to join you,” offered Woohyun and he ran in Myungsoo’s direction.

 

Sungyeol gaped at them and scratched a spot on his nose. He shrugged but was almost shoved aside as Taekwoon left after him.

 

“They’re the most skilled,” chuckled Jaejoong, hoping to alleviate the palpable tension that weighed over their heads. “They’ll get rid of the lesser cronies, and then we can move in.”

 

He held his badge of acknowledgment out. “I’m an agent.”

 

Heechul’s eyes widened. “Say what? Since when were you a policeman?”

 

-

 

Taekwoon, Myungsoo and Woohyun walked in a horizontal fashion towards the entrance of the warehouse, which was separated by metal pavilions around the abandoned site. As Myungsoo calculated, there were other henchmen around the place, evidently guarding Big Bang who were within the building.

 

When they saw the three men heading towards their way, they removed their pistols and pointed at them.

 

“Hold it there!” one of the hooligans screamed. “Or else we’ll shoot.”

 

“Awh, come on,” Woohyun said with a slight chuckled. He placed his hands on his hips and surveyed his surroundings. “There’s like thirty of you, and three of us. Not very fair is it?”

 

The hooligan quivered with pistol in hand. Their faces were covered by balaclavas or black masks that only revealed their eyes. “Cut it with the attitude, punk. Put your hands behind your head.”

 

Myungsoo did as he was told. He glanced at Woohyun and Taekwoon and noticed a sparkle in their eyes. Despite the stiffness of Taekwoon’s countenance, he read the expression that emanated off him, and Woohyun’s surreptitious smirk was too obvious for him. As the hooligans edged closer, Myungsoo surprised them with a roundhouse kick.

 

Woohyun leapt forward and performed a flurry of strikes with his fists. He appeared to have multiple hands with the speed that he conducted his strikes. Myungsoo was amazed with the precision that he established. He never knew that Woohyun-- the annoying man from the train station who uttered but words of junk-- was a skilled warrior.

 

To his left, Taekwoon compiled two, lanky bodies into his arms and performed a devastating body throw over his shoulder. Myungsoo-- who was too shocked by the strength of his allies-- received a whack across his face from the hilt of a revolver. He spat blood onto the ground as he was hurled over the head of a taller, more burly hooligan.

 

Myungsoo winced as he massaged his sore shoulder. He heard a yelp from Woohyun, who was also thrown next to him by the stocky opponent. They watched in horror a pistol pointed at their faces.

 

A roar from a beast and a battle cry from a boy. The muscular opponent was knocked to the ground unconscious. Myungsoo stood back to his feet and glanced at Jungkook who was sitting on the back of a large, black wolf. Yellow eyes from the beast bore into his and lips curled to bare jagged teeth with columns of saliva. It was strange to see a wolf in the middle of daylight-- not a phenomena that Myungsoo was accustomed to seeing.

 

Jungkook patted the wolf’s hair. “Nice work, Luhan! Now let’s get in there to save Suzy.”

 

“He’s good,” Taekwoon said as he finished off the last of the hooligans.

 

Woohyun tittered as he clutched his stomach and rolled onto his back. “I can’t believe it...my life was saved by a child...and a beast.”

 

Myungsoo wiped the dust from his sleeves. “No child can tame a beast.”

 

Jungkook beamed at him and motioned them to follow with a wave of his hand.

 

“I agree,” said Taekwoon with a slight nod of his head.

 

Myungsoo nodded and a sardonic smirk captured his face. “Jungkook’s a man.”

 

-

 

TOP glanced at his watch. The fugitives trembled in their seats. Yoomi was still unconscious. The other women and Himchan had the decency to stay quiet. Suzy glanced at Himchan, at the bruises that covered his flawless skin and the blood that ran down his nostrils. He never seemed so dejected before.

 

“The time’s up,” said TOP, “They haven’t arrived.”

 

“Too bad. We’ll start with the mousy girl first.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter