I Tasted a Chocolate Never Swirled

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] I Taste a Chocolate Never Swirled[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A Selection of Chocolate-Boys by gaksitalGaksital[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3](A/N: This is an important announcement! Not many of you voted whether I should add Woohyun, so I did the impossible....I added Woohyun to the roster of Choclate-Boys! That's right, Suzy now has eleven chocolates to choose from! I know...I'm crazy T.T. Anyways, if anyone is curious about Woohyun's role in this, check out the forward! You can throw a rose, or you can throw an egg. I'll leave Woohyun in your hands. ;))

 

By Friday, Suzy’s phone received a call from an unexpected visitor. She was sitting in Taekwoon’s car when it happened. She felt her bodyguard’s burning gaze scorch her but she pretended not to notice. He wasn’t that bad, she decided, albeit walking around in a dark suit that drew unnecessary attention, he was bearable...a little. To the very least, he prevented Yifan and his minions from annoying her.

 

Suzy stared at the screen. Woobin was trying to call her. Her eyes widened and she recalled their bet. Surely he hadn’t succeeded, had he? A pit formed inside her stomach and she unconsciously traced her fingers over her abdomen.

 

She inhaled sharply and answered, “Hello?”

 

“Hey, Suzy!” She heard him say enthusiastically. “How are you this morning?”

 

“Good. You?”

 

“I have some good news.” He went straight to the point, and the knots in her stomach grew heavier, until she could taste the bile in the back of . “I managed to kick out those Bok Choy hooligans!”

 

The excitement in Woobin’s voice was hard to miss.

 

“Umh...That’s great,” Suzy replied, her right eye cringing.

 

Woobin’s voice lowered. “Do you remember our deal?”

 

“Deal? What deal?” She let out a nervous laugh.

 

“Tomorrow afternoon. I’ll come to pick you up, baby cakes.” He either missed the anxious quavering of her voice or he chose to ignore it.

 

Taekwoon gave her a sidelong glance, his expression inscrutable underneath his sunglasses. It occurred to Suzy that no matter where she went, Taekwoon obliged to follow her. In this sense, she lost her initial perplexity over dating Woobin. Besides, this would be her first date ever, and Woobin helped lift some of the burden off her shoulders. She made a promise. It would be injudicious of her to break it.

 

She made a quick mental note not to confirm such oaths ever again. It was a prudent decision but she didn’t want to date strange men that she hardly knew. However, now that she had a bodyguard trailing after her like a ferocious guard-dog, she needn’t worry.

 

“Umh...sure, okay,” she sighed in defeat.

 

Woobin let out a yelp of delight, momentarily deafening her, and making her regret her decision. A raucous laugh erupted from the other end of the line. She recognised that voice but it held no face in her memory.

 

“If it ain’t me scurvy landlubbin’ lass!” the voice yelled.

 

“Do you know the Royal Pirates?” Woobin asked, unable to hide the irritation laced in his voice. “They’ve been ordering me to call you for a while.”

 

Moon’s face quickly invaded the back of her vision, and Suzy shook her head in dismay. It seemed that the pirates had returned to Kimchi that morning. The cook was probably bungling about in the kitchen with a chronic heart attack.

 

“Haaarrrr!” cried Sooyoon and the less enthusiastic James.

 

“Good morning oppas,” Suzy greeted nervously. “How are you guys?”

 

“How me be, ye say? Me an’ th’ crew ere be chasing that scallywag Himchan since last night. Me be wonderin’ whether ye’ve seen that bilge-reekin’ cockroach about?”

 

Suzy tried to understand what Moon was on about. Taekwoon grunted beside her. She stared at him for a moment, wondering if he found it funny or if he was annoyed. From the gist of Moon’s conversation, Suzy could tell that he tried an act of vengeance against Himchan and it hadn’t worked.

 

“No, no, I haven’t seen him,” she confirmed inanely.

 

“Ye be keepin’ ye’re deadlights out for that squiffy, won’t ye?”

 

“Umh…” Suzy bit her bottom lip. “Sure will.”

 

“Yo-ho-hooo!”

 

There was the sound of rustling and Woobin’s voice said, “Gosh, they annoy me. Is he asking you out?”

 

Suzy refrained from smacking a palm on her forehead. She pondered whether Woobin thought of anything else other than dating. It would be a shame if he did because the miniscule respect she had for him would vanish.

 

She rolled her eyes. “No, of course not.”

 

Woobin sniggered, and Suzy had the sudden urge to punch him through the phone receiver.

 

“Good,” he said proudly. “I thought I had competition.”

 

She closed the phone on him. He didn’t try to ring back. Why would he? He had her wrapped around his finger. She didn’t have a choice in this matter. She thought he didn’t retain the wit to compete with Yifan. How wrong she was…If only she had an idea on how to get rid of him.

 

Then, a flashbulb lit above her head. Woobin maintained a certain level of possessiveness over her. He hated it when Moon, the pirate, conversed with her. Perhaps she could use that to her advantage. Slyly, she glanced back at Taekwoon, who was oblivious to the mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

 

It was time to make use of her feminine charm, and what better way to test it than on her bodyguard? The thought caused butterflies to swarm into her stomach and her head was dizzy with ecstasy. Besides, Taekwoon’s apathetic and reserved nature would save her the humiliation. All she had to do was act coquettish around him during her date with Woobin.

 

As they stepped out of the car, she was determined to test her attractiveness. She held Taekwoon’s hand and pretended to smile shyly, staring at her reflection in his sunglasses. She made note of preventing herself from smiling too widely. That caused unnecessary crinkles at the edges of her eyes.

 

“I...I never got to thank you for protecting me,” she told her tall bodyguard. “So, thank you. It means a lot to me.”

 

To her disappointment, his lips remained taut and straight. Not a single muscle flinched in his face. Was she truly unattractive, especially if she couldn’t entice the likes of Taekwoon?”

 

“Hmn,” he grunted, and pulled his hand out of her grasp, making her pout in anger.

 

-

 

“What?” Krystal blurted out loud.

 

Students’ heads whirled to face Suzy, Krystal and Jieun in their seats. Krystal shot them a nervous smile. They returned to reading their books and scribbling down their notes. The three girls left for the library after lunch. Nana chose to stay with Sungyeol and his friends.

 

Suzy was embarrassed after her failed attempt at trying to seduce Taekwoon. He made no notion of the earlier experience. Instead, he sat at the other end of the room, his hawk-like eyes never leaving her sight.

 

“So you’ve gotten yourself a date with a weirdo, and you want to learn how to flirt?” Krystal raised a skeptical brow.

 

 

Suzy stared at her messy notes, and nodded timidly.

 

“And you tried flirting with your bodyguard? Your bodyguard? Minnie mouse! What the hell were you thinking?” Krystal’s voice rose in crescendo, earning her a few glares from her fellow colleagues.

 

Suzy scrunched her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter