Wish-Granting Factory

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Wish-granting Factory[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A Selection of Chocolate-Boys[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

The sound of a blaring engine and screeching wheels reverberated outside Suzy's apartment causing her to rush over to the windows and glimpse through the glass.

 

At first, she suspected that someone may have been knocked down but when she saw a silver BMW speeding through the driving lot her thoughts drifted to one particular individual with an inflated ego and memory issues.

 

She spied on Himchan as he stepped out of his car and frantically looked around as if checking to see whether or not he was being followed.

When the coast was clear, he pulled out his phone and winked at his reflection before pulling his hair back so it stuck out in a crazy mess.

 

Taekwoon followed Suzy's steps and stared out the window; he raised his eyebrow upon seeing Himchan and exchanged a sceptical glance with her.

 

The conceited model turned to the backseat and opened the door, pulling out Haru in desperate haste.

 

The young girl was carrying a school bag, eyeing him with a mischievous smile. Himchan then burrowed himself into the back of the car and he came back out grasping a baby who appeared to be only a few months old.

 

Suzy's eyes widened in fear and she even heard Taekwoon draw in a gasp when she saw Himchan holding the little boy by the legs with one clumsy hand and making a phonecall with his free hand.

 

Her phone started to ring behind her and she retrieved it instantly, incensed by his incompetence with regards to dealing with babies.

 

"What are you doing outside?" she asked immediately, unlocking her door and motioning Taekwoon to follow.

 

"Loser, Jaezy-- You owe me after that dreadful ball, remember?"

 

"Well, I don't remember making any promises," she chuckled, taking the stairs down. His nonsensical attitude had not surprised her anymore. Suzy already knew what he going to ask of her.

 

"Thats because you've got the memory of a fish, Hanzy. I need you to-" he paused when she stood in front of him, jaw hung loose mid-sentence.

 

Suzy took the baby, whose mini face had turned purple, from his firm hold and into her arms. He stared at her with large, cute eyes and she cuddled him, squealing in joy.

 

 

"What's his name?" she asked as Taekwoon watched the baby with endearing eyes.

 

"That alien there is Minwoo," Himchan answered, making a petulant face at the baby. "But you can call him Farty, all he does is fart and stink up the car."

 

As if little Minwoo understood that he was being insulted, a despondent whimper escaped from his cherry-shaped lips followed by a solitary tear trickling down chubby cheeks.

 

"Himchan!" Suzy gasped, and prayed inwardly that he wouldn't have any children of his own.

 

"Look what you did!" Haru exclaimed, slapping his backside with her school bag.

 

An exaggerated howl of pain escaped him his lips and he squinted his eyes, rubbing his bum as if he had been whipped a thousand times and over.

 

"Argh, that one is a brat," he swore, searching the sky for answers to his misery.

 

"So why do you want me to babysit for you?" Suzy stared down at Minwoo who had stretched out his fingers, opening and closing them repeatedly. She didn't mind watching over this cutie pie at all.

 

"What was that?" Himchan asked, scratching his ear, and stealing glances of his face in the side mirrors of his car.

 

Suzy resisted the urge to slap him and pull out his hair.

 

When she peeked over at Haru, the girl broke into a gap-toothed smile and answered the question for her.

 

"Halmoni is in the hospital today and oppa has to go to work."

 

By work, Suzy had to wonder what he was really up to, what enigmatic intentions he hid from the world. She then remembered the messages on his phone and thought it was safer to not discuss the issues. After all, they were his own problems and he chose to battle them alone.

 

Suzy frowned in pity; perhaps, deep down, he was just a lonely man, fleeting from the darkness of the world.

 

Haru reached for a cell phone that was buried deep within her pockets. She favoured Suzy with another cunning smile and pressed a number of buttons,her fingers shifted in a blur as if she were playing piano keys.

 

The sound of a police siren escaped from the device and upon hearing the noise, Himchan jumped in agitation, searched his pockets in a frit of frenzy and pulled open the front door.

 

"I have to go now, loser," he shrieked, jumping into the driver's seat and slamming the door shut. "I'll be back soon, ok?" The promise was a palpable lie as he fidgeted with the keys, restive fingers prevented him from executing fine movements.

 

His eyes grew wider on his face like two boiled eggs when Haru increased the volume of the siren. He reversed the car frantically, a curse escaped his lips.

 

"Himchan!" Suzy called out to the oaf before he could drive away. "Please don't get yourself killed." His maniacal driving was hazardous and what other activities he was doing furtively perturbed her, for some strange reason.

 

Himchan paused for a moment, staring at her with what seemed to be an amalgamation of bewilderment and mesmerisation. She even thought there was some sagacity of a greater knowledge glistening dimly in his eyes and that he would say something philosophical; but instead, he snorted at her remark.

 

"See this face?" He asked drawing an imaginary circle over his face. "This face doesn't fear death! Death fears me!" Himchan cackled, driving off like a lunatic and if he had lightning and rain and thunder clouds over the hood of his ostentatious car, it would have been a scene to remember.

 

Haru scrunched her nose as she watched the car vanish in the distance. She turned off the resounding alarm of the siren and when her eyes met Suzy's, they shared a deep, heartfelt laugh. They laughed so hard, Suzy's stomach had started to ache as if she had just done a hundred push ups and tears rolled down her eyes like drops of candy.

 

"Lets go inside." She smiled at Taekwoon who simply responded with a nod of his head.  

 

"Suzy?" a voice called from behind. When she turned she found herself facing Jungkook.

 

He was rubbing the back of his head anxiously, dressed in gothic clothing that didn't quite suit his cute face.

 

Suzy smiled at him kindly. "Jungkook," she acknowledged. "You're not in school today?"

 

His cheeks puffed, resembling a plastic bag containing abundant cookies.

 

"I'm off today," he murmured under his breath and Suzy had a hard time understanding his mumble.

 

"Thats great!" she beamed, sticking Minwoo's face up at her childhood friend. "Allow me to introduce-"

 

A fart erupted from Minwoo and the smell that infiltrated her nostrils was vile. She pinched her nose and coughed involuntarily. What had Himchan been feeding the poor baby?

 

Jungkook broke into a nervous chuckle and covered his nose.

 

"Do you want me to help you out, Noona?" he offered with a sweet smile that reminded her of the old but golden days, when her life was not a complicated mess.

 

Suzy nodded, securing Minwoo over her shoulder and grasping Jungkook's hand; delicate as that of a baby's.

 

Back inside the apartment, Haru busied herself on the ground, painting in a sketchbook that she had brought with her; mingling different colours artistically and chewing the end of her paintbrush.

 

Jongin scoffed upon seeing the latest guests.

 

"I ain't gonna waste my time babysitting three losers!" the swine squealed.

 

"I didn't ask for your help, and there's only two, pig."

 

Jongin raised his fist upon hearing Suzy's remark, but contemplated executing the punch when he noticed Taekwoon.

 

"There's three!" he corrected with a snarl. "The biggest baby is that one there!" Jongin nodded towards Jungkook and let out another pompous laugh.

 

"I'm seventeen!"Jungkook bellowed, constricting his little biceps in a show of jauntiness.

 

"Don't mind him," Suzy whispered to Jungkook, who fumed his nostrils. "He's just looking for attention."

 

Jongin was waiting for a fight, his lips anxiously. When nothing came for him, he grew tired, walked to the window and threw it open.

 

"Oppa, what are you doing?" Haru asked, pointing the paintbrush at him.

 

"Running away, stupid girl! What does it look like?" Jongin stuck his tongue out at her and leaped out the window, arms flailing wildly.

 

Suzy, inwardly hoping that he retained injuries after the fall, peered over Haru's shoulder.

 

"Lets see what you're drawing," she inspected.

 

The picture staring back at her was that of stick figures. There was one grasping  a frying pan, crouching like a tiger with wild hair and a sour face. It was halmoni, Suzy contemplated, remembering the utensil and the schizophrenic, old woman.

 

Beside her, Haru had drawn Himchan, wearing a comical expression on his face whilst running away from a police car that appeared to be chasing him, and towards two other stick figures

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter