Chocolate Chip Kookies

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chocolate Chip Kookies[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOALTE-BOYS[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy glanced at the clock. It was past midday. She frowned upon noticing that she slept so late.

 

Snatching a mirror, she stared at the reflection and immediately gasped in shock. Her stomach dropped, as if she had just swallowed a stone.

 

Her hair was a messy tangle, purple crescents lined her eyes as if she had at all and her lips were dry and cracked.

 

Every inch of her body ached of a terrible pain. The events of last night flashed through her mind and she resisted the urge to scream.

 

Suzy stumbled out of bed, ing aside her blanket and crawling out of her room, still donned in her bunny pyjamas. Heat swelled behind her eyes as she thought of the previous evening and when she blinked a tear spilled out. Suzy covered and stifled a sob.

 

She met Jongin in the kitchen. He was rummaging through the fridge and turned frantically upon hearing footsteps. When his eyes set upon Suzy, he guffawed.

 

“What happened to you, ugly?”

 

Suzy rolled her eyes, unaffected by his presence. Shoving the termite aside, she pulled out a tub of chocolate ice cream from the freezer and mader her way to the dining table, hugging the dessert close to herself.

 

“Hey dork, where’s the humanoid?”

 

Suzy stuffed a spoonful of ice cream into , wearing a mask of placidity as she chewed. It tasted decadent and comforted her breaking heart.

 

She had attempted to ring Taekwoon all night but he had not answered. She wondered where he disappeared to and why she felt so lonely and vulnerable in his absence.

 

Changmin was no different, she had endeavoured to reach his phone too, but with each try she was disconnected and once again thrown to the ground. That good-for-nothing beansprout. Why was she worried for the wellbeing of an evil, emotionless beansprout? He was too busy drowning in remorse to even acknowledge her pleas for forgiveness.

 

Suzy stuffed another lump of ice cream into to prevent a whimper from escaping her lips. She didn’t want Jongin to find out the truth, even though his character judgement was pitiful.

 

“Stop that!” Jongin sneered, reaching for the large tub of delight that she was rapaciously gormandising.

 

“No!” Suzy wailed through a stuffed mouth, stabbing his hand with her spoon until he retreated, howling.

 

“You demon!” he accused. “Mrs Kang!” Jongin screamed, a malevolent smile creased his physiognomy; a wicked smile like it was cut into his face with a knife.

 

“Yes, honey?” her mother asked sweetly, poking her head into the kitchen. Her grin vanished as soon as her eyes set upon Suzy.

 

“What are you doing, stupid girl!” She approached, emphasising each step with a tut before snatching the ice cream from her delicate grasp and smacking the back of Suzy’s head.

 

“Eomma!” Suzy cried, trying to reach for her source of comfort but a wrinkly hand caught her face.

 

“No man will take you if you get fat!” she scoffed, returning the ice cream to Jongin who jeered.

 

Her cousin dipped a spoon into the delicious treat and liked it slowly before letting out an exaggerated ‘Mmmmmm!’

 

She wondered how he would have looked if she threw a punch in his direction but restrained herself when she noticed her mother glaring daggers at her.

 

“You look hideous, Suzy! Get yourself changed and go out with Luhan!”

 

“Yeah, Suzy!” Jongin drawled with a malicious cackle. “Go out with your wimpy boyfriend!”

 

“And where in heaven’s name is your bodyguard? It’s three o’clock!”

 

Suzy trundled out of the kitchen, the voices around her drowned and she felt somewhat relieved to be free of such custody.

 

She didn’t understand why each step she took felt so heavy, it was as if her feet were made of lead. She had spilled ample tears; her eyes were dry and sore, but most of all her heart was wrenched with pain, as if chained with iron links.

 

Was it depression that made her feel as if a black cloud trudged overhead, everywhere she turned?

 

To make matters worse, Jongin’s presence exacerbated her torture. The ungrateful ghoul seized every opportunity to pluck money from her dad, he disappeared every night and whatever it was that he did during that time; only the wind knew.

 

A single beam of sunlight streamed into the corridor and illuminated a wallet left on the windowsill. It was Jongin’s.

 

Suzy glanced over her shoulder, making sure that the coast was clear. She chewed her bottom lip, contemplating her decision of whether or not to hide it.

 

Without further hesitation, she grabbed the wallet and perused its contents.

 

“What?” Suzy quirked an eyebrow upon finding a picture within heaps of cash. It was a photograph of her friend, Krystal. Was that swine a stalker?

 

She didn’t want to know.

 

Suzy got dressed and decided that perhaps some fresh air would brighten her mood.

 

As she sat outside the apartment blocks, she admired the avenue. It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon. It had always been one of her favourite seasons, a time when everything seemed to burst with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for a grand finale.

 

Suzy inhaled the crisp air, and her troubles started to melt when the breath came of her in slow puffs. There was something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.

 

“Noona?” A gentle voice called from behind her. When Suzy turned, she found herself facing Jungkook, and a feeble smile formed along her lips.

 

“Jungkook! How’ve you been?” She patted the empty space beside her and he took a seat, staring at her with a strained expression.

 

“Noona, you look sick. Did something happen?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter