Abundance of Caramel

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Abundance of Caramel[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A Selection of Chocolate-Boys by gaksitalGaksital[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy chose a black, knee- length dress that evening, but with gossamer sleeves. She wore tights to hide the ugly marks on her knees, and held her hair up up. Faint glitter decorated her eyes, with a matching blood red lipstick.

 

Her parents were busy bungling about in the kitchen. The savoury aroma of traditional Korean food infiltrated her home, and her stomach moaned for a meal.

Suzy slipped on high-heeled, red shoes as she entered the kitchen.

 

"You look lovely, sweety!" Her mother exclaimed over a sizzling pan. Smoke circulated the kitchen.

 

Her father was chopping fresh vegetables at inhuman speed, throwing them into a simmering pot. He stole a glance at his daughter, and his shoulders shuddered with pride.

 

"My babygirl is always so beautiful," he huffed in admiration, wiping a tear from his eyes.

 

The doorbell rang, and all three individuals jumped in their spots. Her mother panicked. Her father raised a brow and Suzy paced up and down with apprehension.

 

"It's not eight yet!" Her father groaned in exasperation.  

 

There was still ten minutes to go before the dinner. Someone was impatient and decided to arrive before the intended time. Suzy chewed on her bottom lip, trying to think of what to do.

 

"Suzy, why don't you get the door? Keep the guests entertained until we have the food ready," Mr. Kang said.

 

She nodded at him. "Okay, appa. You can count on me."

 

She walked down the hall, and pulled the door open. She met the grinning face of Heechul, who was donned in a pink jacket, and matching pink trousers. His cats stood beside him, watching her with dark wisdom in their serpentine eyes.

 

Suzy crinkled her nose at the feline creatures.

 

"My, my," Heechul started with a wide, boyish grin, “Don't you look pretty today?"

 

"Umh...thank you." Suzy blushed. She was never used to compliments, especially if they came from a bipolar man-- who lived alone.

 

Heechul let out a derisive snort and waved his hand dismissively.  "Don't flatter yourself. I'm still prettier than you. While you wilt into an ahjumma, I'll still be fresh like Cinderella."

 

His conceited nature was horrendous. Suzy pouted at him, with a sudden urge to knock the senses out of him.

 

Heechul flicked his hair away from his face and proceeded to enter her home. Suzy held a hand out, pushing her palm against his chest to stop him. His torso felt firm and surprisingly muscular under her hand.

 

He raised a sparse and sly brow; his lips curled into a exquisite grin.

 

"Like what you feel?" Heechul wiggled his eyebrows at her.

 

Suzy gasped at his boldness. Did he just flirt with her? She retreated; the heat crept up her neck. Nana's words filled her thoughts. The insidious meows of his cats broke her little reverie.

 

"Wait! You can't bring your cats inside!" She yelled at him.

 

"What?" He gritted his teeth.  "I thought this was a family dinner, no? If children weren't invited, you should have told me before, so I could have booked a baby sitter."

 

Was he for real?

 

"But-- but--"

 

"My children are good. Don't worry. They're well behaved. “And with those words, his cats waddled inside, their heads held high, and their tails poised like determined snakes.

 

"By the way..." Heechul leaned close to her face, and their close proximity caught her breath in .

 

She thought he was going to close the distance because his long fingers gripped the back of her hair. His touch forced her heart to thrum against her chest, and his minty breath tickled her cheeks.

 

However, he used his free hand to flick the tip of her nose.

 

"Ow!" Suzy cried; her hands covered her nose as if to protect it from anymore attacks.

 

The feline man sniggered at her pain and clapped his hands together.  

 

"You've lipstick on your teeth!" He jeered.

 

Suzy's eyes widened. She peered at her reflection, opening wide. Heechul's accusation was no myth. Her two top incisors were red from her lipstick. She cursed herself for her lip-chewing habit.

 

While she was busy scrubbing her teeth with a napkin, Heechul sank into the sofa. He was surveying the living room like a disdainful hawk.

 

"Nice place you got here, kid," he told her, "But it's missing something."

 

He glanced at her, as if waiting for an answer.

 

Suzy rolled her eyes. "What?"

 

"Pink," he stated nonchalantly, "The color pink will make this place look livelier, you know what I mean?"

 

She didn't know but nodded out of respect.

 

His despicable cats roamed around her living room. They were oddly quiet, as if they knew they would be punished if they did something wrong. Suzy couldn't remember their names. She only knew that the small, caramel-coloured kitten was Cherry, and the arrogant gray cat was HeeBum.

 

Heechul patted on the seat beside him. "Sit here."

 

For a moment, Suzy thought he was tapping his thigh. The thought made her blush furiously. She shook her head and took the sofa next to him instead.

 

"You're studying science?" He asked her.

 

"Yes."

 

"Strange. You don't look really smart," he said, rubbing his chin. She frowned indignantly but he made no attempt to rectify himself. "I can tell a scientist from their face. You don't have a scientist face."

 

"I-I'll have you know that I'm transferring to music and drama next year," Suzy replied.

 

Her pride had been torn apart by this stranger. She crossed her arms across her chest and glared at him.

 

"Yeah, yeah," Heechul scoffed, "Just admit that you didn't get the grades for your course the first time round. You girls need to stop hiding the truth and just come out with it, do you know what I mean?"

 

The doorbell echoed throughout the rooms and Suzy sighed with relief. She sprung back on her feet and strutted down the corridor.

 

Luhan was waiting at the door, dressed in black pants and a white chemise. In his hands was a bouquet of bluebells, lilies and foxgloves. His hair was slicked back, making him appear more handsome than before. The scent of pine wafted off him.

 

Suzy stared at him in awe, unaware of his parents talking to her.

 

"Oh hi!" Her mother said behind her, racing down the corridor and throwing her arms around Luhan's mother.

 

"Dont be standing there. Come inside!"

 

The Chinese family followed Mrs. Kang into the hall. Before Luhan could utter a word, the parents entered the living room to greet Heechul.

 

"Umh..." Luhan glanced at the bouquet in his grasp.

 

His twinkling eyes glanced at Suzy as he passed it to her, their fingers making contact, and sending jolts of nervous electricity up her arms.

 

She took the bouquet with trembling fingers, blushing slightly.  She could pretend that he was giving it solely to her, but she knew that this was a present from the whole family.

 

"You didn't have to," she giggled bashfully.

 

Luhan rubbed the back of his hair and grinned.

 

"It's my mother's idea," he chuckled,  "She doesn't like coming in empty handed."

 

"Awh..." She stared at her feet timidly.

 

"You look very nice today," he added, and her blush just intensified, "Black suits you...Yeah."

 

Before they could engage in a proper conversation, Mrs. Kang called them to the kitchen.

 

She wasn't the only intrusion.

 

"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter