The End of Bitter Chocolate?

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The End of Bitter Chocolate?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE-BOYS[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy was woken at six a.m the following day. Her dreams were riddled with Jaejoong, G-Dragon and Himchan. She saw the three of them point guns at each other. She raced to stop them but it was too late.

 

The gunshot echoed in all corners of her mind and a splatter of blood spread all around the eerie darkness.

 

Her heart was beating vehemently till she was frightened that it'd leap out of her chest. Her pyjamas were drenched in sweat. The bleak hours of dawn seeped through her window and she heard early risers start the engines of their vehicles from outside.

 

Suzy reached for a glass of water, relishing the cool touch in the back of .  She grabbed her phone and her eyes widened when she noticed the person who was calling:

 

Krystal.

 

Why was the girl waking her so early in the morning? Was it about Jaejoong? Did she wish to hurt her further?

 

Suzy swallowed down the emotion inside her chest. It refused to budge. She answered the call anyway.

 

"Suzy," Krystal said through frizzling static.

 

Suzy didn't know what it was, but hearing that voice only instigated the sadness deep inside her. It cut her to the bone.

 

"Krystal."

 

Krystal paused. "It's Myungsoo. Have you seen his Instagram?"

 

Suzy's brows furrowed. "No. No, I haven't, why?"

 

She wondered why Krystal bothered to check the punk's Instagram when the latter clearly defined what he truly thought of them...and perhaps the world too.

 

"He's posting up pictures of the main bridge by the river. He keeps updating all these weird quotes. His last one was five minutes ago," Krystal intoned.

 

"What did he say?"

 

"Goodbye."

 

An unsettling weight settled inside Suzy's stomach like lead. She felt it churn her insides into tangles and knots. Bile rose up and scorched her oesophagus.

 

"G-goodbye?" she stammered.

 

Krystal sighed. "Yep. Talk about a plea for attention. I seriously don't know what that guy's problem is anyway."

 

"It doesn't sound like he's looking for attention," Suzy pointed out. Her intuition was tingling with darker ideas. "Myungsoo never looks for attention. Where did you say he was?"

 

She scrambled out of bed as she hurriedly changed into a pair of jeans and a woolly cardigan, the phone pressed against her ear.

 

"The main bridge...that's not the reason that I phoned though. I want to say that I'm sorry..."

 

Suzy sighed to herself. A solitary tear trickled down her face but she sniffed and wiped it away. "Oh..."

 

A part was frozen with contempt but the other half wanted nothing more than to have one of her best friends back by her side.

 

"After Nana found out that Jaejoong and Jessica broke up, she decided to blame me," Krystal explained, her voice faltering.

 

"Oh..." Suzy pulled her knee length boots on. She was perplexed, not sure of how to respond to this conundrum.

 

"I don't know what's wrong with her. She's acting like a deluded b***h. She's placing the blame on others. I'm so sorry, Suzy. I feel bad for not siding with you yesterday."

 

Suzy didn't bother brush her hair or eat a snack despite the grumbling in her tummy.

 

"Oh..." she said as she stepped out of her dorm. She was suddenly immobile when she realised someone sitting next to her door.

 

That person quickly stood up, looking as impeccable as ever in his black suit. It was someone who caused her heart to stir as if it was mingling a soup of sentiments. It was none other than Jung Taekwoon.

 

"Oh? Oh? Is that all you're gonna say? You're killing me here," Krystal replied, her voice growing in crescendo.

 

However, Suzy was unable to respond. Her phone slipped from her fingers. She wasn’t sure which emotion was the salient one inside her chest. There was resentment, anger but there was also relief and nostalgia. It overtook her to the point she thought her head would explode into sparkles and glitter.

 

She took a few strides closer and smacked her palm across Taekwoon's cheek, angry tears sweltering down her face.

 

The bodyguard didn't so much as flinch.

 

"Why did you leave me?" she hissed in a bitter tone. "You told me you would always protect me."

 

Taekwoon watched her with his dagger like eyes. Suzy was surprised to see him so broken. It pierced her own poignant heart.

 

With a strangled sob, she threw her arms over his shoulders and nuzzled her face into his chest. He remained inexorable, hands still behind his back.

 

"Never again," he whispered in her ear. "I promise. Never again."

 

Then his arms circled her and his face buried into her hair. His grip was vice like until Suzy thought she would shatter to glassy dust inside his arms. She forgot about all her worries that instant--

 

Until a sarcastic face invaded her conscious again and she pulled back, her chest heaving with fright.

 

"Myungsoo! He's going to kill himself. Taekwoon, we need to get to the main bridge by the river-- and fast."

 

Taekwoon surveyed her first before he gave her a diligent nod.

 

-

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter