Mr Darkooness, Being of Evil

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]MR DARKOONESS, BEING OF EVIL[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE BOYS[/CONTENTID2]


 

[CONTENTID3]

Consciousness washed over her like waves of nausea. Bile rose up and the discomfort in her stomach was enough to force her awake. Suzy retched what remained of her dinner onto the floor, nearly missing her bare feet by inches. She tried to move but she realised that she was strapped to a chair, with her hands tied behind the back support, her feet also bound by ropes.

 

Her first instincts warned of her of Woohyun because she was met with a musky scent but when a gust of wind whipped at her hair, Suzy noticed the whole city loom into view. Stranded on the roof of a skyscraper, she panicked and succumbed to her apprehensive nerves. Rosy streaks of dawn lit up the whole sky as the sun ascended from the peaks in the hazy distance.

 

“Wh-where am I?” she said to no one in particular. She knew she would attain no answer.

 

Who in their right mind decided to kidnap her this time? What had she done to instigate such opprobrious actions and words?

 

She sensed a sickening presence just at the corner. Her head snapped towards the source as she scrutinised a dark figure walking on the ledge of the roof. The perpetrator balanced himself with his arms spread out like a bird. Sunglasses framed a sharp-featured face. He wore a long, black coat despite the summer heat that invaded the air. A wry smile featured on his face when their eyes met.

 

Suzy’s mouth gaped open. Of all people…

 

“Hangeng!?”

 

“Good to see you again, Suzy,” Hangeng chuckled as he lept off the ledge and back onto solid concrete.

 

His kind and humane gestures no longer existed. Instead, an aura of villainy and obstreperous joy clung to him as he sauntered his way towards her. He removed his sunglasses and his eyes were bloodshot with mania. Hangeng-- the man that Heechul trusted with every inch of his heart. Hangeng, that Suzy thought she could confide with because he was her neighbour’s friend. Hangeng, who opted to aid her when Jongin hosted a party in her parent’s apartment.

 

What motives had Hangeng all this time? Or had he been spying on her from the start? Her mind bounced back to that night in the science faculty where she was chased by an ominous presence, and fell into Changmin’s arm. Then, there was that time when a crooked man attempted to stab her had Himchan not appeared in his car at the right time.

 

From these salient facts, she concluded that Hangeng had indeed been there all along. With his dark aura infiltrating the air, and twisting all her energy into balls of negativity, it was obvious that Hangeng was always there.

 

What he wanted, what he planned to do eluded her. She felt as if this man she once called oppa was now a foreigner. She should have knew he was not to be trusted when she caught him conversing with Yifan outside Bok Choy.

 

Unless…

 

Her eyes widened as all the pieces aligned inside her mind. They hit like a rock in the face. Her insides twisted. At first, she was rapt with sorrow but that soon transmogrified into a raging anger.

 

“You-- you’re the one who owns Bok Choy!” she said bitterly.

 

Suzy squirmed in her chair but the ropes dug into her flesh.

 

Hangeng threw his head back and howled with laughter, clapping his hands. His laugh was like an ode to his moment of victory. It consisted of echoes that sent shivers down her spine. If Hangeng held the capacity to stalk her, tie her on a chair on the roof of a skyscraper, then surely he was someone who retained the willpower to do anything.

 

Hangeng laughed sadistically again, wringing his hands over and over. He groused to himself and it only made Suzy more disgusted than fearful. In all her life, she had never met such a suspicious and pathetic human being.

 

“So tell me,” she said. “Why Bok Choy? Why me? What’ve I ever done to you? If I remember, I never met you before Heechul--”

 

“Shut up!”

 

His harsh remark was enough to immobilize her. Suzy leaned back into her chair and gulped down the knot of anxiety in . Hangeng must have appreciated her silence because he chuckled darkly once again.

 

“So much questions, Kang Suzy,” he uttered and spread his arms wide. “Yet so little time!”

 

She thought he would never say more than teasing her incessantly. However, Hangeng retreated a few steps, hands behind his back and his posture erect and authoritative. He held his chin high as the streaks of dawn glimmered over his face.

 

Hangeng watched her in askance before he broke into a wide grin.

 

“Finally, my plan is set in motion.”

 

A sweatdrop of frustration rolled down Suzy’s temple. She hated it when villains prolonged their speech. It was irritating her and she was itching to find out Hangeng’s motives. The latter raised his arms into the arm and cackled once again, his laugh lost in the summer breeze.

 

Hangeng cleared his throat. “Now Kang Suzy, listen to my story. The reason I’m getting revenge on you is because of your father.”

 

“My father?” Her heart lurched inside her. Of course, Hangeng did not know the truth about her adoption.

 

“That’s what I said, stupid!” He shook his head and clucked his tongue on the roof of his mouth. “Nearly ten years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter