You Are My Candy Girl

A Selection of Chocolate-Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]YOU ARE MY CANDY GIRL[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A SELECTION OF CHOCOLATE-BOYS BY gaksitalGaksital[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

Suzy gazed at herself in the mirror and beamed brightly. She opted to keep her long hair down, and wore a white tee and blanket blue shorts.  She then pulled on a pastel yellow blazer over the outfit.

 

Her twentieth birthday had just passed. She had taken a year out after school for some respite after the exams. Now, Suzy was ready to go to university. She didn't achieve enough for music and drama, but a year of science would give her the experience while she waited for a transfer.

 

She squinted at her reflection. Something was amiss. Then, an idea flashed above her head like an incandescent light-bulb.

 

"Aha!" she exclaimed, pulling out a ribbon from the wooden drawer and tying it into her hair.

 

Her mother's voice hollered from the kitchen; a sign advising her to hurry. Suzy hastily gathered her books into her school bag and rushed down the stairs.

 

"Eomma, has Kim Nana arrived?" she enquired.

 

Her best friend, Nana, suggested that they go to University together on their first day. Nana would pick her up with her chauffeur.

 

Mrs. Kang shook her head. She was holding a china plate in her hands, decorated with sweetmeats.

 

"Suzy, my dear, our new neighbours have just moved in. Could you be so kind and give them these sweetmeats?" her mother asked, gifting the girl a warm smile.

 

Suzy's eyes shifted to the clock on the wall. There was still ten minutes to go before Nana would arrive. Suzy regretted the languishing hours spent in the shower and eating her breakfast.

 

Her lips strained into a smile as she took the plate from her mother. She slipped on her ballerina flats and ambled her way out of their apartment block.

 

Suzy's family wasn't flamboyantly rich but her parents owned a small, cozy restaurant. They were better off than most families here and they lived in a spacious apartment. For that, Suzy was grateful.

 

She stepped out into the hall, and that was when it registered in her brain. Which neighbour was Mrs.Kang referring to?

 

Beside Suzy's block was the ever so empty room number four. There was an ominous aura that surrounded that room, one that prevented any owner from moving in. It remained lifeless; devoid of laughter and humane whispers.  

 

Surely her mother meant the neighbour at block two. So, Suzy swerved on her heel and veered towards the door on the other end of the hall.

 

A strangled, high pitched scream resounded from the other block and Suzy pondered whether to knock or not. She halted in her tracks, and took in a deep breath. She reassured herself that only good, hard-working people could afford the rent here, not psychopaths who spent their free time stalking others.

 

Suzy rapped her knuckles against the varnished door. There was another high-pitched shriek, before the door pulled away to reveal a sharp faced man.

 

He was dressed in a pink blouse and beige chinos, so he mustn't have been a psychopath. They didn't wear pink.

 

He was carrying a somnolent cat in his arms, while a small, short legged cat was curled over his hair.

 

When Suzy flinched under his piercing gaze, his lips curled into a surreptitious smile, making him appear even more effeminate. His posture demanded authority, causing Suzy to feel like a toddler under his scrutinising gaze.

 

The feline man raised a sparse,  high-arched brow. "What is it, kid? Cat got your tongue?"

 

"I-I'm just giving you these," Suzy stammered, and his eyes travelled indolently to the plate in her hands.

 

"Oh, you must be my new neighbour!" he bemused, taking the sweetmeats with one hand and beckoned her to come inside.

 

Suzy waved a hand in the air. "No thanks, I need to get going, oppa"

 

"Come on in! Don't be shy. I'll introduce you to my family," he beguiled her.

 

The cat on top of his head lifted its head, and Suzy could have sworn that it glared at her. She shook the ridiculous thought aside and smiled at her neighbour.

 

Slowly, she followed him inside, noting how meticulous and organized his apartment was on the interior. He seemed to have a flair for the colour pink since his walls were painted pink, his kitchen utensils were pink and even his bean-chairs were pink.

 

However, that wasn't shocking, not when his whole hall was littered with cats of all shapes, sizes and colours. She counted about nine altogether and she mused whether the man's partner was docile over this obsession.

 

"This is my family." The man grinned as his feline friends surrounded them. They mewled for attention.

 

"Huh?" Suzy blinked in astonishment. Surely, he wasn't referring to those furry creatures as his own, was he?

 

His smile stated otherwise.  

 

"What's your name, kid?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Are you dumb?" He tilted his head to the side, "I'm Kim Heechul. May I know the name of my neighbour?"

 

She blinked again, slightly offended at him. "I'm Suzy."

 

"That wasn't too hard, was it?" Heechul chuckled.

 

The cat in his arms mewled as he scratched its ear. "This little fella is HeeBum." The cat purred in pleasure but all Suzy witnessed was the way his long fingers slipped through the silver fur.

 

She nodded inanely at him.

 

Heechul pointed at the cat on his head. "This is HeeNose." His finger rotated to the rest of his pets.  "HeeLips, HeeEars, HeeArm, HeeLeg, HeeThumb and HeeToe."

 

Suzy won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter