Back To School

I've Never Liked You(But I Always Loved You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Back To School[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

“Luhan...Luhan!”

Luhan slowly opened his eyes.

“We’re at school already...?” Luhan asked D.O who have been trying to wake him up for the last 2 minutes.

“Time runs quickly when you’re asleep.” D.O said, waiting patiently for Luhan to help him out, Kai said he’ll take his bag and drops it at his dorm.

Luhan got up a bit too quickly causing him to fall down onto the chair again. Pain was back and Luhan groaned.

“Are you okay...?” D.O asked worriedly.

Luhan nodded and tried to get up again but more slowly. To be honest Luhan was tired of being weak, it got to the point where he has to take everything so slowly and this also annoys others in his opinion.

He held D.O’s hand and the other made sure Luhan puts some of his weight on him. While they were walking out of the bus which is empty now, Luhan whispered to D.O an apology. The guilt he was feeling was huge.

“Don’t worry” D.O said in a reply which made Luhan stop in his track.

“D.O, I can go on my own now, you can go” Luhan gave him a smile to assure D.O he’s fine and tried to act all strong.

“You sure...?” D.O asked to make sure.

Luhan nodded.

Once D.O was a head of him Luhan walked behind slowly, head down to hide his tears. What disappointed Luhan most was D.O’s reply to him. If Luhan was truly not on fault than D.O would have said “it’s not your fault”, D.O never lies, he knows this better than anyone. Although others said it’s not his fault and that it was okay but he knew they were lying to comfort him.

“I must’ve gone crazy. Why was I disappointed in the first place? I got too spoiled after the incident.” Luhan whispered to himself.

Remembering that he forgot his bag, he quickly jogged back to the back seat where the bags were and his bag wasn’t there. He then made his way to the driver.

“Excuse me sir, have you seen my bag?” Luhan asked worriedly, did he forget it? He was sure he took it with him.

“Some boy from your group took it boy” Not wanting to disturb the driver anymore Luhan thanked him and left.

The school was very empty, they were some student and Luhan guessed that these one that didn’t want to go or couldn’t go. Nevertheless, Luhan headed to the one place he can think of at this moment, not caring about his bag. He’ll ask the others about it later.

~

Once Luhan had opened the door of the rooftop, wind came his way, welcoming him in. He slowly took few steps forward while feeling his heart beats rates increasing with every second and his head becoming lighter. He sat down in the corner and looked at the view around him not daring to look down and when he did, it became dizzy and feeling of nauseas came over him making him close his eyes. This place was like a punishment for Luhan if D.O isn’t with him, he’s fear of heights is way beyond imaginations.

Sitting down in this position it reminded Luhan of the incident that he committed before D.O transforms to this school. He was sitting exactly in the same position but there was something very dangerous in his hands; a razor. Ever since the bullying started Luhan couldn’t hold up with the bullying anymore. At that time Luhan didn’t have a dorm yet which meant he’ll go back home to the nightmares that were waiting for him every night and he wasn’t able to meet up with D.O, the other was too busy.

He had decided to commit suicide giving up on everything but to his disappointment he was saved.

~

Luhan sat down admiring the razor he’s holding in hand. He thought about this a lot and he’s sure that this is the only way. He wasn’t able to do such thing in past since his father had always locked him up and in primary school and middle school there were too many teachers there and D.O never left his side. But now D.O was never here to comfort him.

Tears fell as Luhan sat there questioning him-self with ‘what if’

“What if mother was alive?”

“What if I wasn’t born?”

“What if I stayed living with my grandparents?” but the most one that choked Luhan from crying was; “what if father had loved me?”

Staring at the beautiful sky above him he wounded why is he alive? He’s life was useless. Why did god throw his mother’s life for him? Why did she have to save him? If he had died than he maybe his mother wouldn’t have to work extra time for him. She would have lived peacefully.

Now that Luhan had thought over this stuff he was sure that this was the best choice. Luhan held the razor against his left wrist before he took a deep breath and cut his wrist deeply.

Sharp pain came from the wound which made Luhan choke a cry out but he did not give up and take the razor out. Luhan wasn’t a cutter, he had always heard that cutting would make you better, forgetting the pain as numbness took over your body and it was true since he could feel it right now as his vision became blurry and he can see black dots but Luhan always believed that he deserved pain so he shouldn’t make it go away.

A smile formed on Luhan’s lips since forever before blackness took over, thinking this was the end of his nightmare and he’ll meet his mother.

~

Luhan was told that the security of the school had found him and immediately  had hospitalised him, the doctor also had said that Luhan had only 10% of surviving and he’d never since a miracle in his life happen like this for the past 30 years of him being a doctor.

Luhan stayed in hospital for about a month and no one felt the difference or loss of some person in their life. Even D.O never knew about this, he was too busy... But he remembers his father’s saying on that day when he woke up; ‘the only reason I would care if you die is I’ll have no one that can replace to you so I can punish them every day since you’re the only useless in this whole world.”

~

Luhan cried silently remember the incident and his father’s word. A lot of bullying and gossip had happened about Luhan for awhile but once things had died down, Sehun than showed up.

Luhan could hear the doorknob twist and the door open. He quickly wiped off his tears thinking that it’s the cleaner or security but to his surprise it was Chanyeol.

“Luhan...?”

“Yes...?” Luhan was surprised of how Chanyeol knew that he’d be here but what confused him most was what Chanyeol would want from him.

“Oh...D.O was right.” Chanyeol whispered but Luhan heard him.

“We have to go down to the principle for the incident that happened earlier” Chanyeol explained himself, standing still next to the door.

Luhan nodded and slowly got up, putting his weight on the fence. He and Chanyeol slowly walked to the office together in silence. Luhan feeling guilty, he’ll have to open the subject again.

Once they arrived they knocked on the door and when they took the permission to go in they did.

“Welcome, come in boys.” The principle, Mr. Kim welcomed them brightly. Luhan was about to reply to the principle and bow but he spotted the gang in the room. He slowly moved toward Chanyeol little more. Mr. Kim noticed this so he instructed the gang to stand against the wall.

“Sit down”

Luhan and Chanyeol took a sit in front of the principle. Mr. Kim had asked Chanyeol to tell the story from his perspective of view. After Chanyeol had finished, Mr. Kim asked Luhan to do the same thing. After Luhan finished, Mr. Kim told the gang to leave and not to come back until they bring their parents. They left while whispering things to each other.

“Thank you boys, you can leave now.” Mr. Kim said as he wrote some things down on a file in front of him.

Both Luhan and Chanyeol stood up at the same time and bowed. Chanyeol left first following him Luhan but before Luhan leaves, he checked that he was the only person in the room and took a step in and closed the door.

Mr. Kim had thought that everyone was gone so he never paid attentions until Luhan spoke up.

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, you’re still here? Something wrong...? Did you perhaps forget something to say?” Mr. Kim tried to guess, since these things are very common to happen.

“Not exactly...” Luhan said as he gulped, he’s really afraid, it’s not an everyday thing for him to ask a principle for a favour but he’ll do it for the sake of everyone.

Mr. Kim gave his full attention to Luhan after he got the reply.

“Then, what do you want?” Mr. Kim was quite interested.

“...a favour. A favour from you sir” Luhan said as he bowed.

This had blown Mr. Kim off. He was very surprised at this. He’s been paying attention to Luhan ever since he in rolled in this school. He never looked like other students and he’s story interested the principle. But what surprised Mr. Kim was the fact Luhan had dared to ask a favour from. Luhan is the type who could never this. He was always too quiet and shy to be able to do such thing which made Mr. Kim more interested. Something must have happened to Luhan to make him do this.

“Well then, what is this favour Luhan?”

Luhan paled even more and he felt like just running away and say it was nothing but he couldn’t. It was for his friend sake.

“M-Mr. Kim a-as you see, it wasn’t my group fault, it’s because of me this happened. I-I...believe they deserve to contribute in the competition. Please let them go back” Luhan closed his eyes tightly and bowed and then he went down on his knees.

“P-please...”

Mr. Kim slowly got up, left his desk and slowly bent down toward Luhan.

“Get up son” Mr. Kim slowly helped Luhan up.

“I’m very glad you care about your friends and I know you’re feeling guilty. To be honest I wanted to send them back but then I was like there is no need to send them back since they’re already here but since you came to me and requested me, I’ll send them but unfortunately I’ll need you to stay back with those gang. I got news that the whole group was involved so I told them to bring you all here” Mr. Kim explained to Luhan as he made the younger one to sit on the couch.

Luhan looked brightly at the principle.

“Thank you” Luhan got up and bowed again.

“You can go, take all the days off until your group comes back”

Luhan nodded, bowed again and left. He never knew going to the principle will end things better for him. He feels less guilty now. The first thing he wanted to do is go back to his work and tell them he’s back so he can start working again from now before his father ask him about the hospital bill and at the same time he wants to avoid others, it’ll be better like that.

~

“Excuse me sir, why are we going back?” Xiumin asked, they are all gathered in the hall to be told to not unpack cause their going back.

“The principle has decided to send you back since you’re all not involved. By the time we get back it will be a bit too late, we might continue a little with swimming but not much. We also decided to give you 150 points because you missed out on today.”

Everyone started to cheer and they were very happy but except for Chanyeol.

“Excuse me Sir” everyone fell silent again when Chanyeol spoke up.

“Luhan isn’t coming right?” Chanyeol questioned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter