Friends

Take Me Away

 

We reached the hospital with my mom on jaejoongs back and I was walking right besides her. We walked into the emergency entrance and the staff immediately recognized him.

“Young master…you are here?” one of the nurses said to him.

“young master? Never heard that in person before…” I thought to myself.
“yes. I ran into some people that needed help so I brought them here.” Jaejoong replied to her.
“oh… shall I call the president for you?” she said kindly.
“please do.” He responded.
“you okay mom?” I said holding her hand.
“ill be fine sweetie…” mom smiled.

Once the nurse called for the president of the hospital who was also a doctor, she bought over a wheelchair for my mom and jaejoong set her down.

“thank you young man…” my mom said looking at him.
“please call me jaejoong…” he said smiling.
“jae?” a voice called.

I smiled at the sight of the two of them. But suddenly I heard a voice coming from behind me.

“oh! Ahjusshi… your finally here. Theres someone I want you to meet. This is Choi you and her mother. Her mother had an accident and I was wondering if you can take care of her.”

The president took a close look at my mom’s foot and examined it carefully. He then rose to his feet, grabbed jae by the arm and dragged him around the corner. Before he left, he told the nurse to hurry and take my mom to a hospital room for cleansing of her room and that he will be there shortly. I followed my mom to the room and waited for the doctor to return.

Jaejoongs POV

“so…is she the one?” the doctor asked.
“yes…” jae replied shyly.
“does she know?”
“no…I just finally go to talk to her tonight…what should I do now?”
“well before breaking the news to her…I think you should get to know her first.”
“I guess your right…well guess we should be getting back to them”
“jae…what accident occurred to you’s mom?”
“…..her dad…..”

End of pov

I sat in the chair watching my mom get her foot cleaned and sanitized for the doctor to come and take out the pieces of glass that are stuck in her room. Watching my mom wince made me feel the pain along with her. When the nurse was done, she told us that the doctor will be with us in a few minutes and left the room. The few minutes she was talking about is really seconds. The doctor walked in along with jaejoong.

“ok, mrs. Choi… are you ready?” the doctor asked.
“yes…” my mom answered.

The doctor numbed the bottom part of her foot and started taking out the pieces of glass. I watched along with jaejoong standing beside me. But then something got me thinking.

“Why is he doing all of this for us? We barely know each other…if he was in my class then…why didn’t he talk to me at school?” I thought.

I then heard a chuckle escape jaejoongs lips. I looked up at him and he just smiled at me.

“what?”
“nothing” he answered with his arms crossed.

When the doctor was done with my mom’s foot, he carefully explained how she shouldn’t stand on that foot or accidently slam it into a wall in case the wounds open up again.

“thank you doctor…I will  pay you back someday…”
“oh no… don’t worry about it. Anything for friends of jae’s.”
“were not really…friends…” I suddenly spoke out. “we just met him a few hours ago”
“ah~ I think you should get to know him… you never know what might happen” the doctor commented.

I tilted my head in confusion as I helped my mom to her feet.

“oh please… take the wheel chair with you…” the doctor added.
“oh no… we don’t have any money to pay for this” my mom kindly responded.
“its fine, please take it. We have plenty more. No one will notice if one went missing.” He chuckled.
“please… just take it.” Jae pleaded.
“you helping us has been enough” my mom replied.
“its ok… please? Take it with you.”

Me and my mom looked at each other decided to take the wheelchair but we will return it once my moms foot healed. I rolled my mom out of the room with the doctor and jaejoong walking after us. We stopped and said thank you again before leaving the hospital grounds. We strolled along the streets at night wondering where we could go since we can’t go back home tonight. Jaejoong walked a few feet behind us not saying a word. I kept looking back to look at his face but I could only see parts of it. His face seemed full of worries.

“yah… are you gonna follow us all night long or are you ever gonna go home?” I said.
“huh?” he said looking up at me.
“honey… don’t be so mean. He helped us out all night tonight. Have some manners.”

I gave her a weak smile and nodded my head lightly.

“so… jaejoong, where are you heading tonight?” my mom asked.
“uh… no where really… I just like walking around enjoying the night breeze.” He answered looking at the night sky.
“ohh, honey…you like to do the same thing. My daughter loves going out at night” she went on explaining. “but I hardly let her out because im terrified of what might happen when she’s alone.
“omma…” I whined.

Jaejoong chuckled and chatted with my mom as we reached the park where we were earlier.

“never thought anyone could get along with my mom so well” I thought to myself.

I watched them as they talked and smile at one another.

“omma… your really enjoying this aren’t you?” I said quietly a few feet away from them.
“honey! What are you doing over there? Come join us.” My mom called to me.

I walked over and sat close to my mom.

“yah…honey. Did you know jaejoong has so much in common with you?”
“oh~ really?”
“yes… he likes taking walks at night, he likes reading books and watching movies and eating spicy food.”
“mom… there are a bunch of people who like reading and watching movies. I don’t think were the only ones.”
“excuse my daughter… for a college student, shes really slow.”

Jaejoong slightly laughed and I was wondering what in the world my mom was talking about.

“what are you talking about?” I asked.
“you two have a lot in common darling…” my mom said looking me in my eyes.

She rough sigh was let out of and she shook her head.

“dear god honey! Im trying to get you to go out with this young man!” she finally let out.
“omma!” I shouted standing up.
“what? Hes a very nice guy and honey… if your omma can get along with your boyfriend so well then hes perfect for our family.” She smiled.
“im sorry omma… but… im gonna have to reject…”
“oh wae!?” she pouted.
“because…there are a lot of problems going on right now and I don’t think me getting a boyfriend is important right now.”
“well what is important?” jaejoong finally saying something.
“I don’t know… things like…. Money…food…a place to stay-…”
“you can stay at my place” he quickly stated.
“we barely know you and you want us to stay with you?... no, I think we’ll be fine staying at my friends house.”

I walked away with my hands in my pockets and pulled out some change for a phone booth not too far away from where we were sitting. I dropped the coins in and dialed my friends number.

*RING RING RING*

“hello?” a voice answered sleepily.
“bora! I have something to ask…”
“mmm?...”
“can me and my mom stay with you for tonight?”
“now?? Do you know what time it is?” she asked slowly.
“its like… almost midnight. Can we?”
“chingu-ah… you know I would let you stay over anytime, but my family came to visit me this weekend… and you know how small my place is.”
“damn… out of all days…” I said quietly.
“tell me about it” she answered back.
“alright then, never mind. Ill see you at school Monday…”
“miahnae chingu-ah. See ya later…”

She hung up the line then so did I. From inside the phone booth, my eyes looked over to my mom and jaejoong and sighed.

“now what?” I thought.

I decided to make one last call because that was the last bit of money I had left. I waited while slightly shaking because she was my last hope.

“hello?” the voice answered.
“Lin! You sleeping? Why is it so loud?!” I shouted.
“what?! I cant hear you! Speak up!” she shouted back.
“Lin-ah!  I have a favor to ask! Can me and my mom stay with you tonight?!”
“I cant hear you! Yah! My favorite band is about to perform! Ill talk to you later!”
“LIN! Wait! I-“

But it was too late, she hung up already.

“damn it!” I shouted.

After I yelled, I felt as if someone was looking at me from far away. My eyes scanned the outside of the phone booth. But I didn’t really didn’t see anyone besides jaejoong and my mom. I left the phone booth and headed towards my mom.

“what did they say?” jaejoong asked while smiling at me like he knew my answer.

I sighed and shook my head looking down at the ground.

“great! My place it is!” he grinned.