Sudden Meeting

Take Me Away

 

After classes that day, going home never crossed my mind. What mattered the most was that jaejoong was there next to me again and I had nothing to worry about.

“where do you wanna go next?” he asked.
“…mmm, I don’t know… you choose” I smiled.
“oh…” he suddenly pouted holding his stomach.
“whats wrong?”
“my stomach feels weird…” he groaned.
“huh?... did you eat something bad?... or… did you eat at all today?”
“no” he answered.
“ohh… then you must be hungry” I said thoughtfully. “lets go eat then” I said walking away as he followed.

After walking a few blocks, we reached one of my favorite restaurants that we used to come with as a family.

“this best has THE best kimbap, bibimbap, and soups!... come on!” I said dragging him in and sitting at a random table.
“kinda crowded in here isn’t it?” he said looking around.
“… because this place is delicious. This is where most college students come for a quick snack while taking a quick break from their studies… we can leave if you feel uncomfortable?”
“… no, its okay, I trust you” he nodded with a cute smile.
“okay…” I smiled back. “ahjumma!” I shouted.
“neh??”
“two kimbap rolls, bibimbap, and one spicy soonduboo chigae please?!” I said placing my order.
“neh!”
“and one cola and water please?”
“neh” the ahjumma answered going back to the busy kitchen.

Not long after, everything I ordered came out fresh and hot.

“looks gooood!” I widely grinned getting to dig in with my chopsticks but stopped. “…wae?” I then asked looking at jaejoong as he was just blinking at me. “are you scared cause this is your first real meal in years?” I asked as he shook his head. “oh?... then what is it?”
“uhm…” he stalled motioning me to get in closer to him.

I moved my chair closer to him and leaned my right ear in closer to him.

“yeah?” I said.
“uhm… it’s a little embarrassing to say but I don’t know how to use chopsticks” he whispered as I sat back and quietly laughed to myself. “yah…” he pouted knitting his eye brows at me. “its not funny”
“I know, im just laughing because…I think its cute. Lets start with the soup first.”  I said sliding it towards him and giving him a spoon.
“blow on it first okay?... its hot” I warned as I watched him carefully watch him take a first sip of soup. “…how is it?” I then asked mixing the bibimbap.
“its… good” he nodded with approval.
“yay!” I clapped. “now… try the bibimbap” I said sliding it over to him.

He tried a little bit and his face lit up even more.

“delicious!” he exclaimed.
“now… try the kimbap” I said picking it with my chops sticks and feeding it to him.
“…mmm!” he nodded.

After his taste testing, I finally started eating along with him, feeding him kimbap occasionally. But our happiness soon came to a quick halt.

“omo!” she gasped and sat down next to jaejoong as I looked over. “do you remember me??” she asked holding onto jaejoong’s arm.
“…how can I not?” I said softly rolling my eyes.
“well if you don’t, im candy! Remember??” she said like I cared.
“of course… can I help you with something?” I said grabbing and holding on to jaejoongs other arm slightly pulling him towards me.
“well!...” she said yanking him back a bit. “I just wanted to say that I am sorry for how your dad acted that day you came and got your stuff. I admit, I did get him a bit drunk.”
“so why are you telling me now?... I don’t care!” I said pulling jaejoong to me.
“now now sweetie… is that anyway to be talking to your future step-mom?”
“… excuse me??” I tilted my head.
“that’s right! your dad asked me to marry him” she said showing me the ring.
“oh! gross!” I said making an unusual face. “… look, I don’t care what you do with that man. He is no longer my father and I am no longer his daughter. You heard him. Remember??” I said imitating her.

I took out my money and slammed it on the table. As I was getting up, I roughly pulled jaejoong along with me leaving as fast as I could.

“where are we going now?” jaejoong questioned as I pulled him by his jacket sleeve.
“home!” I angrily pouted.
“hey… stop…” he said sweetly.
“what?!”
“why are you so angry? If you have nothing to do with them, then that issue shouldn’t bother you…”
“I know… its just the fact that she even approached us made me angry. And just to tell me that my dad is… marrying her. Freaken disgusting.”
“yeobo! There they are!”
“… what the hell??... are they following us or what?” I questioned turning to the sound of candy from which it came.
“yah! ______!!” my dads voice yelled.
“what??!” I harshly shouted back.
“give this to your mom. Have her sign it and send it back to me” he said throwing a big envelope in my face as I caught it.
“why don’t you give it to her yourself??... cause here she comes” I said pointing behind them.
“honey… whats going on?” mom said as she walked up to us.
“off work already mom?” I asked.
“yeah…. Whats going on here?” she said noticing the tension between me and dad.
“this man has something to give you” I said giving her the envelope.

Mom opened it up and pulled out what was inside.

“divorce papers?” mom said reading it.
“that’s right. now sign it and hand it over.”
“sign it and give it to him mom so we don’t ever have to see him ever again!”
“I have given everything in life! A nice home! Food! And the money to go to college!”
“oh!... am I supposed to be thankful for that??”
“you little runt!” he said smacking me across the head.
“yah!” I cried angrily looking at him as jaejoong held me.
“excuse me sir?... I would greatly appreciate it if you didn’t do that again.” Jaejoong strictly hold him.
“who the hell are you??” dad questioned as jaejoong looked at me.
“apparently the only man in ________’s life”
“here! Here! Here!” mom cried in frustration giving him back the envelope after signing the papers. “now get out of mine and my daughters face!” mom said walking away pulling me along with her.

Jaejoong followed but kept a distance because my mom was around.

“how did you end up over here??” mom asked.
“I came here to eat with jae-“ I said turning around to look for him.
“who?” she asked leading me home.
“he was here a second ago?...” I said softly.
“your graduation is coming up soon honey! I want you to be studying for your finals! Not out and about fighting with your father in public.”
“excuse me, ex-father” I corrected.
“your right. ex-father…”
“well its not like I went around looking for him! I was minding my own business when that came up to us. Guess what she told me??... she told me that that man asked her to marry him! How gross and erted is that?!”
“oh, dear. stop talking about it please? I don’t want to think about it. ive had a rough day at work today and I just want to relax when I get home.”
“…fine…” I pouted following her up to our apartment room.

After showering, I was in my room laying on my bed reading some books that we had to read for the finals and it was not going well at all because my mind wasn’t focused.

“where the hell did he disappear to now?” I thought back and forth. “aahhh! Im going crazy!... maybe im seeing things” I said scratching my head as my phone rang. “yeoboseyo?” I answered.
“chingu-yah!” bora shouted.
“what!? Whats wrong?”
“hi!” she said calmly then laughed.
“I hate you” I said shaking my head.
“hey! I have something to tell you”
“okay?... what?”
“come down stairs theres something that I want to give you”
“down stairs?... why don’t you just come up here??”
“no time to explain! Can you just come down!? Pleeeae??”
“alright… alright. Let me get a jacket and ill see you in a bit”
“alrighty!” she said hanging up.
“what could she possibly want during this time?...” I said getting up off my bed head out.

I left the apartment and took the stairs down to meet bora. I searched around for her but couldn’t find her. So I kept dialing her number but she never picked up.

“what the heck?... where the hell is she?” I said searching around.

When I finally gave up and decided to go back up, I turned around and bumped into jaejoong, who was standing there holding flowers.

“…what… are you doing?” I said looking at the flowers.
“I bought these for you. don’t you like them? Here..” he said handing them to me.
“thank you… but what are they for?” I softly smiled.
“I bought them hoping to cheer you up from this afternoon”
“… thank you” I said smelling them. “does this explain why you vanished when I was coming home?”
“yeah… that and something else…”
“like what?”
“uhm… lets just wait for the right time for me to tell you” he cutely smiled.