the new student and work

Take Me Away

 

At lunch, Lin and Bora were at our seat while I went to get myself a drink and something to snack on. On the way back to my friends, a guy suddenly bumped into me.

“ah.. excuse me!” he said bowing to me.
“no problem” I said smiling slightly.
“im so sorry! I didn’t see you there!”
“its okay.” I said walking towards my friends.
“hey! Wait!” he shouted after me.

I stopped and turned around.

“yea?” I asked.
“im new here and im not quite familiar with the school yet. Could you perhaps show me where my next class is?” he asked while shyly smiling.
“umm… im kinda on lunch break…” I said softly.
“the school dean told me that I could find you here!” he said suddenly.
“hmm? The school dean sent you to me? why would he do that?” I questioned.
“im not sure. But he said that you would be nice enough to show me around.” He smiled.
“really?...umm, ok then… I guess if that’s what the principal said than… sure. Let me just go grab my stuff.”

He slightly nodded and followed me back to our table where bora and lin were smiling at me as I was approaching.

“hey guys!” I said talking to my friends. “this is…..” I said looking at the new guy next to me.
“im sorry… what was your name?” I asked embarrassed.
“im park seung hyun” he smiled brightly at them.
“hi!” they greeted him.
“im bora and this Lin”
“nice to meet you” lin smiled.
“nice to meet you guys” seung hyun smiled back.
“so sit down! Lets talk!” bora cried.
“well actually right now shes gonna show me where my classes are.” He said looking at me.
“ohhhhhhhh really??” bora smirked at me. “well then kids, have fuuuun!”
“yah! Bora! Its not what your thinking you nasty!” I shouted at her.
“shall we?” seung hyun asked.
“go on! You have classes to show him” she said winking at me.
“yah! Stop that!” I said slowly walking away.

After walking away from the table, it got quiet between me and seung hyun.

“nice friends you have” he said looking at me.
“if you wanna call them that” I chuckled.

Walking along the campus, I pointed out the places that every student should know.

“over there is the recreation center. Over there is the library. The buildings in front of the library are media builds. You know like computers, audio class, theater production and things like that. The buildings next to that is-“
“uh if you don’t mind me asking…” he started cutting me off. “is there a place that is quiet and secluded…”

I look at him suspiciously.

“you know… for when I wanna study during lunch or something.” He added soon after.
“oh... im surprised you asked that cause you seem like someone who can easily make friends.” I smiled.
“funny that you say that cause… im not really the social type of person. Though I may look like it you know… because of the sophisticated glasses and the way I dress”
“oh… well…ill be your friend.” I said with the same smile.

He smiled back at me and softly looked at me with his brown eyes. Arriving at the top of the library, which is forbidden, I told him that this place is as quiet and secluded as it gets. Not a moment later, the bell for next class rung. Sneaking down quietly, I bid seung hyun farewell and good luck on his first day of school.

I hurriedly walked back to the cafeteria to meet up with my friends again and head off to history class. With what jaejoong and minwoo-sshi told me this morning to meeting a new student, I didn’t really focus on what was going on in class. I took notes every now and then to act like I was paying attention but my mind just ended up wandering off again. With my friends always covering for me, they filled me in on what I blanked out on when the professor told us to do an assignment from the book in groups.

“theres something wrong isn’t there?” bora asked looking at me.
“…n-noo, what makes you say that?” I stuttered.
“don’t give me that crap… you were like this when your dad started drinking and went ballistic on you and your mom. When you came to school, you were quiet and hardly said a word.” Bora finished.
“oh…” I agreed softly. “well I assure you that nothing is wrong.” I smiled.
“hello?! Look _____ I love you and everything cause your my friend but… friendship isn’t gonna help me get an A in this class so help me with the questions here!” lin complained.

Me and bora looked at her and just laughed because we know how big of a nerd she can be. We apologized to her and continued on with our class until the end of the day. Walking towards the student parking lot, I waited by the bench. If I waited by his car, everyone will probably think im delusional because they know I don’t have that kind of money to purchase a car like jaejoongs. I waited and waited for almost 1 hour and a half.

“where the heck is this guy?... maybe he left without me” I questioned myself.

I didn’t want to wait any longer so then I just started walking. Carrying my binder in my arms, I thought back again on this morning. I was so carried away by my thoughts that I didn’t hear a car honking behind me. So then I finally turned around and saw jaejoong in his car.

“heeey!” he called out rolling down the window closes to me.

I didn’t say a word. I turned around to angrily stare at him then continued to walk.

“whats the matter with you?” he asked.
“oohh!” he cried catching on. “sorry for honking!” he chuckled.

This time I didn’t care and kept walking. He finally stopped the car and got out. He ran up behind me and grabbed my arm and spun me around.

“whats wrong?” he asked.
“… like you don’t know…” I muttered then turned away.
“no I don’t” he replied turning me to face him.
“…where the hell were you? I waited for almost an hour and a half!”

He stared at me at my sudden mood change then creepily smiled.

“are you… angry at me…because you had to wait?” he asked.

When he said that my heart started to beat faster.

“N-n-nooo!” I said in defensive.
“its alright if you are…I think its cute”
“ugh!” I said then snapped my arm out of his grip and continued to walk.
“okay okay okay! Im sorry for making you wait. Can you please get into the car now?” he asked nicely.
“…fine, your lucky I have work in an hour and a half.” I said so it doesn’t seem like I was defeated.
“…yes, yes… whatever you say” he said opening the door for me.

After that 45 minute drive home, I went upstairs to my room to put my school stuff away before fixing myself up to get ready for my first day at “Soul”.

“I got time to spare…” I said to myself when I walked out of the bathroom. “I wonder where mom is?” I said laying down on the bed.

Mom couldn’t have gotten too far with her foot being cut like that so hopefully shes still in the house somewhere.

“I should take a little nap before going to work.” I said to myself then closed my eyes.

It didn’t take long until I fell asleep. And it most certainly didn’t take long for the dreams to come either. In the dream, I was arriving at my first job. It was dark and foggy inside the restaurant, I could barely see. A hint of red light was lit throughout the place. I slowly walked towards the owners office, which was in the back. I knew it was only a dream but my heart was crazily beating again. I softly pushed the door in to greet the owner but before I could see the face, I was rudely woken up by my mom.

“______! Honey!” mom cried.
“huh?? What??” I said popping up from bed.
“sweetie! You’re a girl you know! You shouldn’t be sleeping in the afternoon like this. Its not good!” she complained.
“mooooom!~” I whined. “ that’s why you woke me up??” I cried kicking my legs.
“I might as well get up now…” I thought to myself.

“how was school today?” mom asked sitting next to me.
“umm it was fine… same ol’ same ol’ you know” I lightly giggled.
“good… good… you have work today right?”
“yea… in like 1 hour.” I answered.
“remember… be careful okay… I know it’s a restaurant but its also a bar…many people get drunk and do stupid things.” Mom said patting me on the head.
“yes mom I know…” I answered politely.
“im sorry… I don’t mean to barge in on you like this but…time to go______” jaejoong said sticking his head in at the door.
“go where?” I asked.
“im gonna drop you off at work” he smiled.
“oh yea… your my only ride…” I said softly. “… alright then mom, ill see you later tonight then okay?” I said kissing her on the cheek before getting up.
“alright sweetie! Be careful!” she cried before I closed the door.

Me and jaejoong walked out and into the car and drove off.

“so… first day of work today, how do you feel?” he asked suddenly.
“I don’t know… how should I feel?”
“… I don’t know either… I haven’t worked a day in my life” he chuckled.
“must be nice…” i scoffed. “aren’t you tired of driving me everywhere?”
“of course not. why would I be?”
“well you drive me to school and back which is 45 minutes back and forth. Then you gotta drive me to work and back which is another 45 minutes each. “
“I don’t mind. Its only a piece of metal” he said referring to the car.
“a piece of EXPENSIVE metal that no ones has” I said clarifying. “to you this may only be a car, but for the less fortunate people, its more than a piece of metal. Its everything.”

He nodded his head understanding what i mean. With my big mouth talking, we arrived at my job without even knowing.

“well.. here we are…” he said.
“thanks” I said getting out.

Before closing the door, I said one last thing to him.

“I promise when I get my first paycheck, ill buy gas for you” I smiled then closed the door.

I moved away from the curb and waved at him before he left then I walked inside the restaurant. Right when I walked in, it oddly started to look like the dream I had not to long ago. Like my dream, I headed to the owners office to check in and too see where he wants me to start. I knocked on the door and quietly entered.

“hello! My name is Choi _______ and im the new employee here!” I said bowing.

When I returned to my upright position, my face completely had a confused expression on it.

“good evening miss choi” the owner smiled.
“that’s not the owner from before that hired me…” I thought with a confused mind.
_____________________________________

i know what your thinking!! its been one hell of a long time since i 
updated this story and im sorry because i am only focusing on one
story! lol SORRY! i thought id update this because i had nothing to do.
please please please leave comments and or subscribe! thank you!
kamsahamnida!~~<3