My Love

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

The sound of phone ringing woke me up abruptly and I tossed and turned lazily around in bed looking for it. Jinyoung must have rolled up the windscreen because the sunlight was blinding my eyes as I blinked myself awake.

Still dazed and managing a stretching, the phone has gone silent. Jinyoung came in smelling of toast and coffee. Without a word, he mercilessly dragged me out of bed, intending to drown my morning mood with his beautiful smile.

"YAaaaa~ah Devil with an angel face won't you let me sleep a little longer?" I rubbed my eyes lazily and pouted.

He stopped right around the table and stared at me from head to toe and arched an eyebrow.

"Yah Son Ji Hye if you ever let someone else see how funny you look like in the morning with your messy bed hair and droopy eyes, you're dead.Do you understand?!" He chuckled and ran his fingers through my hair.

I've never felt so awakesuddenly aware of my appearance. Sigh.I quickly brush my hair with my hands and punched his chest, embarrassed. He laughed again but he was just about to say something when the phone came alive again. I frowned while he sat me at the dining table and went back into the room.

French toast and coffee. Ummm yummy.

I took a deep breath and bite into a piece of toast. It has been 2 days that I had slept here in his house. How I wish he could make me breakfast everyday. I wastoo used to making breakfast for everyone else and having to skip my own.

Right then he came back, his phone still flipped open by his side, but he was looking at me with a new look of horror and shock. He didn’t speak, he couldn't. It was like someone shoved a big thorn down his throat and he was almost choking. I stood up immediatelygrabbing his arms.

"What's wrong? Jinyoung stop scaring me!" I shook him but his body felt limp. Then I heard someone calling from the phone. I put it to my ear.

"Hello?" "Ah.. Ji Hye?" The voice sounded surprised but it was not someone I don't know.

"Shinwoo what happened, Jinyoung.... He.."

"Min Hee.. She's gone."

Gone as in what? Escaped? But I knew very well it wasn't what he meant. Tears welled up almost immediately in my eyes and rolled down like atapleft open.

"H..how.. W..hy..?"

My voice and my hands shookuncontrollably. I knelt down to a foetus position, crying into my hands.

"Come to the hospital now." Shinwoo’s voice was calm but sorrow even through the phone.

Then before I could reply, Jinyoung helped me up pushing me into the bedroom. The colours had returned from his face, but it was still serious. I fight back the remaining tears and struggled into my jeans and sweater.

 

The air in the hospital was just as bad. Everyone was already there. Jin Ah ran into my arms immediately. My shoulder was damped with her tears. I bit my lower lip holding back the urge to cry. My throat felt dry.

There she was, still as peaceful. But there wasn’t a movement in her chest. There wasn’t the usual beeping machine sound of her beating heart. It was too silent, only Jin Ah’s sobs.

Gongchan was kneeling in front of her bed, head down, and hands clutching his laps. His veins were visible even from afar. There was something he held in his fist. His face was a total blank. There was no expression, he looked like the life was out of him and he was nothing but an empty vessel. Baro and Shinwoo stood together looking at Gongchan, but nobody moved forward.

Sandeul was an arm’s length from me, patting Jin Ah’s back slowly. Jinyoung didn’t speak too, his eyes was fixed on Gongchan then at me. Slowly he wiped away a stubborn teardrop from my cheeks and my face with his thumb. His expression pained but comforting at the same time, then I turned around. Shinwoo was staring at us, I thought I saw more pain on his face but it vanished before I could confirm it.

“Can I be alone with her for a few minutes?” It was Gongchan who broke the deadly silence. His voice was calm, unusually calm. It didn’t even sound like him. I turned to look at Jinyoung, he nodded and we were out of the room. Baro was the last to leave, I saw him squeezed Gongchan’s shoulders before exiting the room. I shuddered. I’m sorry Gongchan.

We sat outside waiting and hoping to hear a cry or any sound from the room. But it was so quiet. So quiet that we thought Gongchan was going to do something foolish. Then he came out, wearing necklace around his neck. He was grabbing the dangling end, then he released his hand and I saw a ring.

“Gongchan… that..” I asked, eyes locked on that shiny silver ring. It has some engravings but I couldn’t make it out. I wouldn’t want to hurt him anymore.

“Ah.. this?” He took the necklace off and placed it on my palm.

“I gave her the other one… I wanted to give her this earlier but I didn’t have a chance. Because..” He paused. His gaze fixed on Jinyoung with a little flicker of regret, not hatred.

“Because of me.” Jinyoung’s voice was soft but it sounded more like a sigh. Gongchan looked at the ring I was holding now.

I examined it carefully, reading the engravings. Chan Love Hee. My eyes gave up and tears rolled down once again. Carefully, I wore it over his neck and hugged him like a big sister would for her brother when he was hurt. I could hear a gasp escaped his throat and he was crying into my shoulder.

“I’m sorry Gongchan, I don’t know I’m sorry.” I whispered, his head. His head moved up and down, face still buried in my shoulders. We stayed like this for a long time until his eyes were all puffy and red from the amount of tears he shed. My whole left sleeve was wet.

“Channie look at how much you’ve cried.” I smiled a little wiping away the tears on his face.

Then he smiled. That awkward cheerful smile that could light up the whole town, in fact he lit up everyone’s faces at the moment.

Clutching the ring in his right hand he turned back to take a last look at Min Hee and I could never forget what he said next, his voice soft but firm. He spoke with an amount of amazing determination that surprised me.

“I love you. From now on I’ll live happier. I’ll be strong and grow up to be a real man. Thank you for loving me too." Then he took a deep breath and smiled brightly with a little sniffle.  

"Farewell my love.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

IM UPDATING OFTEN. LOOOOOL CAUSE ITS ENDING SOON AND I COULD WAIT TO WRITE THIS ENDING. B)

OTL AND I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA CRY. B( I CANNOT PICTURE CUTE LITTLE CHANNIE IN THIS SCENE. SO HEARTBREAKING OH MAI HEARTO. B'(

@WhiteWings19: CNU.... WILL.... BE.... SOMEWHERE.... DONT WORRY I WONT MISSED ANYONE OUT. B) THERE ARE STILL A FEW MORE CHAPTERS TO GO. B) I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WILL LIKE THE ENDING BUT I ASSURE U I'LL MAKE IT GOOD. B) THANKYOU FOR YOUR LOVE~~AWWW IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT HEEHEE IMAGINE LE JINBISH BEING ALL SO LOVEY DOVEY OMG! HAHAHA THANKYOU BB THANKYOU!  /BEAR HUG YOU/ B)