Rival Appears

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

“I… didn’t agree of course. Gongchan was my best friend.”

“So you do like her.”

“No. she was just a sister.”

“Then?” I wasn’t looking at him anymore, I felt miserable now all of a sudden. If we were to compete fairly, my chances of winning Jinyoung was worst than just slim.

“Gongchan saw and heard. He followed me all the way from home and we got into a fight with her there, watching. She tried to separate us but instead her master plan was to shout at Gongchan asking him to keep out of her business.”

“Oh.. god both of you…” I gulped at the thought of this two brothers fighting. It sure wasn’t pleasant to even visualise it.

“She left for the States and I received a text from her saying that she will be back for me, not after becoming a better woman. I deleted it immediately because all of us decided to forget about her. We cherish our friendship too much for her to destroy it. So Gongchan and I got better eventually. But it seemed that she had gained some fame. Now that she’s back suddenly, I’m afraid that you will be hurt. She’s competitive, she won’t listen. We’ve all witness how she chased after Gongchan.”

“WHOT? SHE CHASED HIM? YOU MEAN LIKE WOO?” My mouth hung open, full of shock. WOAH THERE THIS LADY HERE IS SCARY.

“Yeah, Gongchan treated her like a sister too but… I don’t know. When we found out they were already together.”

“Oh.. So… if she were to come and chase you around like a bee then you’ll probably leave me for her.” My shoulders dropped. My dream instantly replayed itself again in my mind. Jinyoung leaving, and you expect me to live a normal life with him snatched.

“NO. Ji Hye look at me. I won’t! I don’t care about her.” His face was stern and his tone was firm. I sighed.

“You shouldn’t have gotten such good genes. See, now your beautiful face has attracted more bees.” I pouted at the thought of it.

He chuckled.

“WHAT?”

“AND YOU WERE THINKING OF THAT WHEN I TOLD YOU SOME GIRL FROM THE PAST LIKES ME?” He was still laughing hugging his stomach.

“WHAT NOW JUNG JINYOUNG? PROBLEM?! BUT YES…I’m scared. I dreamt of you and her getting married while I watched. GOOD?!” I choked at the last word.

He stopped laughing immediately and pulled me into his arms. I punched his back with my fists, rebelling against him, making my point clear.

“Ouch Ouch princess that hurts okay. I’m not leaving you for her okay. I will die without you. I promised your dad…”

“Oh so without that promise or bull with my dad you will be so glad to leave with such a snow white princess right?!”

“NO! OF COURSE NOT! My love for you was more than that, I love you even more than a love song princess. Keke. She will never come between us. Never.” His hug was tighter, giving me more assurance than he had ever given. I felt his lips against my forehead.

I was always weak in resisting his loving forehead kisses. They were always dear and assuring. I sighed and nodded slightly. And I heard his soft chuckle.

I wouldn’t be a match for her.

I sighed again as the dream replayed itself in my mind, endlessly.

I inhaled deeply once more ignoring the smell of disinfectant in the room, savouring this moment with Jinyoung, with him close by my side, feeling his warmth and touch.

I glanced towards the entrance and thought I saw a shadow there moments ago, but I brushed that thought off immediately. Must be my imaginations, my head was still heavy.

I would die to lose him to anyone; especially to her