Something More

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

We arrived at my dad’s diner. To my horror my stepmom was there, staring at me with those tiny eyes of hers.

“Who are these people?” She sneered pointing at the rest with her just-spent-a-whole-lot-of-useless-money-manicured-finger. I shrugged looking at Gary and Ji Hyo, who rolled their eyes almost at the same time. I almost laughed.

Jinyoung stood out to confront her instead. I stared at him with a sharp look, hoping he would notice that I was sending him a signal – don’t-even-try-this-betch-wont-even-budge. Apparently, he ignored me totally.

He stood beside me, or slightly infront of me, as though shadowing me with his charisma. I almost nudged him but he spoke, a tone so calm and final.

“We just came here for a meal, isn’t this diner open?” with a jerk of his thumb towards the door, he turned away from my dumbfounded stepmom, who looked as if her blood vessels had exploded.

“Let’s sit over there.” He walked first, leading us to their usual table in the corner. In the corner of my eye, Ji Hyo and Gary were chuckling away. The rest of us were surprised by Jinyoung’s sudden burst of leadership authority. Especially Gongchan who looked as though he had fell in love with his hyung.

“Thanks.” I muttered under my breath behind him and regretted immediately. Why the hell am I thanking him?! He kind of betrayed me.

But I thought I saw his shoulders shrugged.

 

Gary and Ji Hyo were in the kitchen as usual. How long has it been since I last talked to them. I tried to ignore a sharp pair of scheming eyes staring the hell out of me from the counter outside.

“How are things now our Hye-ie baby?” Ji Hyo nudged me with a playful smirk.

“The same.” I shrugged. Thinking that it wasn’t as normal as it was supposed to be with my boyfriend sleeping with another woman. UGH STOP STOP STOP!

I slapped myself mentally before focusing on the pile of dishes to be washed. Get a grip Son Ji Hye!

Gary was quiet, and I thought I saw them exchanged a look. A look like don’t-ask-there’s-definitely-something-going-on.

 

I joined them back at the table. They were almost done with their food. Baro and Gongchan were still enthusiastic in discussing about their future opportunities and brainstorming creative performances. Sandeul and Jin Ah were in their own lovey dovey world as usual. The only awkward moment was Jinyoung and Shinwoo. They were sipping their drinks quietly, but their faces were too indifferent to look normal. Is it about me now?

Then Jinyoung’s ringtone rang. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing at once. It was as though everyone was in the same train of thoughts. They were looking at Jinyoung while he answered it. I wasn’t of course. I tried to make Shinwoo’s ring look interesting.

“Thankyou. I’ll be there.” Then he hung up. Staring at us with an unreadable expression, he rose from his seat and stared at us, or only me, for a short second.

“Come with me, there’s something I must show you.” That was to me, and in that second I thought I saw a flicker of pain in his eyes.

Everyone got up almost immediately, except for me, who stared at him with confused eyes. What now?

Shinwoo grabbed my hands tenderly pulling me off my seat. Then there it was again, the anguish look in Jinyoung’s eyes, his lips tight. He was definitely holding it in this time.

I pulled Shinwoo’s hand and he turned around with a concerned expression with a slight frown. He could read my thoughts as always – whispered a “I’ll be here” to me as our eyes met.

Jinyoung strode off in long quick strides as though in a rush. I couldn’t care less about how Gary and Ji Hyo were watching us as we stepped out of the diner. Or my stepmom’s witch-like voice shouting for me to go back. Or even Sandeul and Jin Ah’s worried whispers. I know Baro was following Jinyoung closely trying to start a conversation while Gongchan was beside me, hand on my shoulders.

I squeezed my eyes shut imagining a thousand possibilities of whatever he was showing us. Some imaginations looked too real making me gasps out loud, causing Shinwoo and Gongchan to look at me with the same anxious look. I could only shake my head. You guys won’t want to see him marrying Min Hee. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Ji Hye was keeping a strong front even though her heart was breaking. She tried to ignore the fact that she'd seen Jinyoung topless in the least expected scenario. What's more?

HOHOHOHO GUYS YOU GUSTA THIS CHAPTER SO FAR? NAAWWW AM NOT GONNA CLIFF HANG ALL OF YOU. AM UPDATING NEXT CHAPTER IN 20 MINS. B) 

@chermaine: AWW YEA THAT TENSION. ME LIKEY. B)
@zXRawrXz: /STUFF MIN HEE INTO A SACK FOR YOU/ I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL GURL. 
@purple_primadonna: AWW THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS B) THAT MADE MY DAY! XD
@foreverlovekpop: OOHOHO WIPES OFF REDDEU MAKE UP ON HIS FACEU. HAHAHA WHOT. OKAY YEA HERE AN UPDATE BABEH UPDATE! B)