Something Else

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

As the days passed, Jinyoung had been nice to me and nothing special had happened. Min Hee wasn’t around most of the time. I supposed she gave up? Nobody mentioned a word about her. They were cautious around me, afraid I might have another major breakdown and forget all of them instead.

“The usual?” Jinyoung asked after we entered the café near my dad’s diner. He gave me that dashing smile of his and went to queue for our drinks.

I settled down at our usual cosy corner and fiddled with my phone.

*text tone*

I’ll be right back don’t feel lonely kay? Kekeke

I smiled quietly at his random text message. He was trying, I could see. Trying not to remind me of his wrongdoings. Though I haven’t had time to ask him about Min Hee. What big secrets are they hiding? But I’ve got use to not knowing already.

I wouldn’t let my own curiosity get the better of me. Too much curiosity kills a cat you see. As long as he was here with me, it's gonna be worthwhile.

“Miss me already?” Jinyoung was back with two Americano and passed me one with his left hand, not forgetting his trademark stunning smile.

I fist his sides lightly. “NOT. AT. ALL. You conceited freak.”

“HAHAHAHA. AWWW SO CUTE HUH PRINCESS?”

“YA! JUNG JINBISH MY CHEEKS ARE FALLING OFF MY FACE ALREADY.”

I wish this moment would never end. I took a sip of my Americano and glanced out at the streets. Everything was the same, people rushing to catch a bus, kids playing in the park, and my dad’s diner across the street, that same old brick house. It was as though my amnesia was just a dream.

“What are you thinking?” Jinyoung noticed my sudden silence and tapped my hands lightly. Warmth. I’ve always liked the way he was observant about my every move.

I shook my head and took another sip.

He was still holding my hand, drawing little circles with his thumb. I stared at his beautiful features, remembering those days when he was ignoring me like I was a freak. I chuckled softly. That added a frown across his perfect eyebrows. He squeezed my hand without a word and I shook my head again, smiling. I’ve always liked the way we seemed to understand each other without the need to speak out loud.

Maybe we were really meant to be.

OH MY BEAUTIFUL TARGET~ YOU ZOOM ZOOM MY HEART LIKE A ROCKET~~

His ringtone broke our quiet silence. He let go of my hand and reached for his pocket. I watched, silently sipping from my cup, at him. He stared at the screen for a second before picking up.

“Hello?” His voice was indifferent. So I pretended to focus on the streets, watching random people passing by.

“I’ll be there.” He hung up quickly, this time his tone a little anxious.

“What happened?” I asked as absentmindedly as possible.

“Something came up, I got to go now. I’m sorry hye-ie I’ll call you again.” He was already up on his feet before he finished his sentence.

“Wait, why.. wha..” Before I even finished, he planted a quick peck on my forehead and was out of the door.

I stared while he flagged a cab right outside the entrance. His expression was different. He was worrying. The last time I saw this expression was when I fainted again in their studio.

Something’s wrong.

I took out my phone with shaky hands and dialled Shinwoo’s number. I have no idea why but he was the first person to pop into my mind at time like this.

“Ji Hye?” He picked up at the first ring.

I blabbered for like no more than 30 seconds and waited for his reply.

“You stay there, I’ll be there in 5.”

I hung up the phone and stared at Jinyoung’s half cup of Americano. Just minutes ago, he was here holding my hand, smiling his brightest. Then that mysterious phone call came and he got all anxious and rushed out as though he got a jet plane to catch.

I tapped restlessly on the coffee table while keeping my eyes on the streets. Where is Shinwoo? Hurry up!

Just as I was about to get up I saw his sleek black bike pulled over along the pavement.  I ran out immediately to meet him.

“Shinwoo ya where is Jinyoung?” Memories flashed through my mind continuously like a playback, rewinding again and again at the very moment when I caught him hugging her.

Min Hee.

The first name that popped into my mind. It wasn’t even a surprise anymore. At the back of my mind I knew. This intuition of mine tells me that he went to find her. The question was - what happened?

“Let's go. We’ll meet up with the others in school.” He passed me a helmet and restarted his motor. While I was still adjusting it, he called Gongchan I supposed, because the other side of his phone sounded rather worked up.

“Call the rest. Trying calling Jinyoung again and Ji Hye looks pale.”

What. What? Me being pale so what? Right why am I feeling so anxious? My heart and mind’s in a mess again. Crap why was I seeing shapes and shadows again? GO AWAY. I don’t want to see you hugging her again. URGH!

I tumbled to the ground again. This time a new set of memory refreshed my built-in video recorder. It was Min Hee, but why does she look so sad? She seemed small and far away beside the cafeteria door.

“JI HYE! WHAT HAPPENED?” A set of strong hands grabbed my arms. I didn't notice I was losing strength.

“Shinwoo ya, I think something happened to Min Hee.” I sounded unbelievable calm this time, and Shinwoo’s expression was a mixture of shock and confusion.

“Wha.. huh.. how..?” He helped me up and stared intensely at my face. He must think that my mind was already screwed up.

“Let’s meet up with the others. First” Placing strong emphasis of the last word, he was already pulling me towards his bike with a rather worried expression. He must really think that I had gone out of my mind.

“No. wait no. Do you know where Min Hee stays?”

“Yes...but.. Jin” Shinwoo was cautious about my reaction but I didn’t let him finished the last word.

“No buts, he must have gone there, where is the nearest hospital near Min Hee’s house?”

“Ji Hye ya, I know it must be hard for you to accept that he kind of ran away again… but, do you even realise what you’re saying?”

“YES SHINWOO. YES I KNOW! YES! YES! YES! IM NOT MAD OKAY! IM PERFECTLY SANE AND I’VE NEVER FELT SO SANE AND CLEAR MINDED BEFORE! NOW WHY DON’T YOU START MOVING BEFORE I ZOOM OFF WITHOUT YOU!”

“Okay calm down. But..”

“NO MORE BUTS, IF YOU’VE SEEN WHAT I’VE SEEN, YOU WILL KNOW!” I pushed him against his bike and climbed up after him, ignoring the stares of people in the café and his dumbfounded expression at my explosion of temper.

Love must have blinded my eyes. I know I watched too much tv series but that expression from her face at that time wasn’t that a boyfriend-snatching-betch should have. How could I have overlooked that? And for Jinyoung to say that she will tell us herself, she can’t possibly be telling us something like I’m-engaged-to-this-glorious-human-right-now-so-you-people-step-aside kind of thing. Maybe this loss of memory was a good thing for me after all.

My thoughts were whizzing uncontrollably in my mind while we sped off noisily down the road.

There must be something more to this than meets the eye. Don’t ask why, I just knew.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

OHOHOHO THIS IS A LONG UPDATE. AND OTL MY INTERNSHIP IS MAKING ME...BECOMING LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD KID WHO GETS TIRED AFTER PLAYING WITH JUST A TOY CAR. LMAO OKAY WHOT. BUT YEA... B|

@WhiteWings19: YES IT'S A GOOD THING HAHAHA OMG MAN THANKS SWEETIE FOR LIKING MY FIC! B) AND OH YEA HERE'S ANOTHER LONG UPDATE FOR YOU! B)
@JMIE027: WAE I NOU CATCH YOU ONLINE?! B'( /HUGS YOU AND NEVAR LECCHU GO/ 
@NyanKat: OH LAWD SERIOUSLY GURL YOU NEVER FAILS TO AMUSE ME WITH YOUR COMMENTS. OH MY LIKEY BABEH (¬‿¬)